Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

Thread Starter #301
re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review, "10000 KM milestone".

@Prabhagar: How much did the noodle mat cost you? You got it from 3m, accessories shop or cutting was DIY.
Rahul, It's a no-name brand from a local car decor shop. Costed me 2.4K vs 3M's quote of 6K. If you plan on DIY, it would be only 1.2 or less. Please see the second post in this thread for more pics of the mats.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #303

Have any of Tiago owners bought these seat covers??
Khushal Leatherite Car Seat Cover for Tata Tiago KS057TT Black/Orange: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike
There were no reviews. But the Questions section has some answers by the people who bought the seat covers that these fitting properly.
Whats your opinion guys?
I would stay away from these online listings, at least for automotive accessories. I have returned several products after being disappointed by the poor quality and/or wrong description/photo on the listing.
The link you sent has almost all questions answered by the seller himself, so I would take it with a pinch of salt.

Have any one observed the 3 different sizes of elephants printed in Chilled glove box of Tiago?? Its surprise. [surprise]
Can any one tell me what it resembles? Its just funny and interesting to know.[clap]
I found these details in some review of Tata Tiago but no reason mentioned. I didnt remember the website exactly. It might be from www.Quora.com.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #305

Have any one observed the 3 different sizes of elephants printed in Chilled glove box of Tiago?? Its surprise. [surprise]
Can any one tell me what it resembles? Its just funny and interesting to know.
This is what Team-BHP's official review mentions about these elephants [:)]:
Male, female & baby elephant portray that the Zica is a family hatchback? Tata says 'it’s a gesture towards the endangered Indian animals and part of the IMPACT design philosophy to have a lasting impact over time. It is something not all owners might even realize until they look very closely in the glovebox, and a small detail that we hope the consumer discovers in his / her ownership experience of the car'.

Thread Starter #306

Crossed 10000 KM milestone today [:D]. If not for the recent long drive of 730 KM for the TAI meet, this would have happened after 2-3 weeks.
Odo_10K.jpg

Also updated my Harman ICE software from V1.3 to V1.7. Per my earlier request, TASC arranged an appointment with Harman technicians for today. The update process took hardly 15 minutes and I was out of there in less than an hour.
Harman_Version.jpg

The new version responds to steering controls almost instantly which took almost half a second earlier. Also noticed font changes in the HU display.
Harman_Font.jpg

Other than these, there are no noticeable feature additions.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #307

My dealership (SRT Tata, Coimbatore) had organized a small owners meet today. It was scheduled to start at 11am with a short presentation of Tiago's features, followed by a hands-on session to explain basics of engine bay stuff, instrument cluster, infotainment, spare wheel replacement etc.

Soon after I checked in, the Hexa was driven in and its features were explained:
00 Hexa.jpg

Very few turned up at 11:15am. So a few of us took the Hexa for a spin:
01 PeopleWaiting.jpg

By the time we got back from TD, they had started hands on session. A technician explaining how to check and replace starter fuse with a spare:
02 FuseBox.jpg

Spare wheel replacement procedure. This is where the jack is to be positioned. Notice the hook provided to secure the car during transit (tow trucks, for example). I had earlier noticed another hook in rear wheel here.
03 JackingUp.jpg

04 JackingUp02.jpg

Since the meet happened inside service center, the ambiance was totally different. Lunch was served at 3rd floor and we were taken in this HUGE elevator, intended intended for vehicles to be moved around floors:
05 Elevator.jpg

Lunch was good, with veg and non-veg options. Notice the service bays behind [:D].
06 Lunch.jpg

Q&A section with a TML rep and the dealership's service manager:
08 Q&A2.jpg

While all these happened inside, our cars were undergoing a free foam wash:
09 CarWash.jpg

10 CarsFromTop.jpg

Cars were lined up to take off after the event:
11 CarsFromTop2.jpg

Customary group photo:
12 Group_Photo.jpg

A small gift for attending the meet:
13 TataKeyChain.jpg

Overall, the event was very informative for first car owners / new drivers, and beneficial for others to get to know each other in the same city. Our dealership also has a WhatsApp group for Tiago owners to address customers' questions and issues. These little things really increases our trust levels with TASC as well as TML.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this dealership in anyway other than buying my Tiago from them.

My dealership (SRT Tata, Coimbatore) had organized a small owners meet today. It was scheduled to start at 11am with a short presentation of Tiago's features, followed by a hands-on session to explain basics of engine bay stuff, instrument cluster, infotainment, spare wheel replacement etc.

Soon after I checked in, the Hexa was driven in and its features were explained:
View attachment 221154

Very few turned up at 11:15am. So a few of us took the Hexa for a spin:
View attachment 221155

By the time we got back from TD, they had started hands on session. A technician explaining how to check and replace starter fuse with a spare:
View attachment 221156

Spare wheel replacement procedure. This is where the jack is to be positioned. Notice the hook provided to secure the car during transit (tow trucks, for example). I had earlier noticed another hook in rear wheel here.
View attachment 221157

View attachment 221158

Since the meet happened inside service center, the ambiance was totally different. Lunch was served at 3rd floor and we were taken in this HUGE elevator, intended intended for vehicles to be moved around floors:
View attachment 221159

Lunch was good, with veg and non-veg options. Notice the service bays behind [:D].
View attachment 221160

Q&A section with a TML rep and the dealership's service manager:
View attachment 221162

While all these happened inside, our cars were undergoing a free foam wash:
View attachment 221163

View attachment 221164

Cars were lined up to take off after the event:
View attachment 221165

Customary group photo:
View attachment 221166

A small gift for attending the meet:
View attachment 221167

Overall, the event was very informative for first car owners / new drivers, and beneficial for others to get to know each other in the same city. Our dealership also has a WhatsApp group for Tiago owners to address customers' questions and issues. These little things really increases our trust levels with TASC as well as TML.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with this dealership in anyway other than buying my Tiago from them.
Nice to see these kind of events from Dealers. [clap][clap]

Got a diesel xz variant 2 days back,brown color.no rattles,no niggles,no issues during pdi.getting mileage of 17 in city use mostly in 2nd gear 40kmph.mine is November make.

However the cooled glove box option is missing.

Thread Starter #310

However the cooled glove box option is missing.
Hi Vyasknit10,
Congrats on your Diesel XZ. Glove box cooling should be present in XZ variant. Can you please share a picture of your glove box?

Hi guys,

I got my VIN from Dealer. MAT626344hkb0992.

Can some one decode this? I guess it is 2017 Feb make. Please correct.

Yes it is. Time to print out the PDI checklist [:D].
Thanks. Dealer mentioned that Car is in transit. But he is forcing me to pay now. I said, only after pdi. He informed that the car might go for some one else if not paid.. Dont know what to do. [confused]

Thread Starter #314

Thanks. Dealer mentioned that Car is in transit. But he is forcing me to pay now. I said, only after pdi. He informed that the car might go for some one else if not paid.. Dont know what to do. [confused]
Mine was the same case too. I threatened them to cancel my booking (and my friend's booking) and go to another dealer to keep them quiet [glasses]. Other options would be:
- Pay a nominal amount (~50K ) if you really trust your dealer
- Escalate to TML customer care
- Look for other dealers in your/nearby city

Top Bottom