6 Years Up!!My Tiago just turned 6 years on 02-June . Car is ageing very well and has never given up all these years! I just wish there was more power on tap from the engine.
Here's some stats from Fuelio (started using this app after first 3 months of ownership)
- Odo - 76K on the Odo
- Fuel - 5000+ liters
- Fuel Cost - Close to ₹4 Lakhs
Sharing some of the recent changes in the past few months below:
- Charging Port: The stock charging port was of poor quality and the cap's hinge broke within a year or two. Swapped it with the Hexa's part (boodmo sourced) based on a DIY by an ATOM group member. This one looks and feels premium with a sturdy build quality.
- Waxpol Rain Repellent: Never expected this will work wonders on the windshield during rains. Given the low cost, it realy surprised me with its wonderful water repelling. On moderate to heavy rains (& 45+ speeds), there is no need to use wipers at all. It had a very strong chemical odour and may require masks and gloves for safety.
- Tailgate Struts: For a long time, my tailgate wouldn't go up due to weak struts and I had to pull it all the way up. Turns out to be a simple DIY with just a screw driver to remove the struts. Sourced the new ones from boodmo (Ideal on right, Gabriel on left)
- Oil Change & Service: Visited my FNG for an oil change and periodic service at 72K km. Also got the NGK iridium spark plugs installed. The noise from brakes kept recurring and this time we skimmed the brake discs to see if it helps (sadly the problem crept up within a couple of months). Damage to wallet ₹5000 with below breakup (rounded off)
- Total Brand Oil & Oil Filter - 2K
- Air Filter - 400
- Rotor Skimming - 500
- Spark Plugs - 1600
- Wheel Alignment - 500
- Labor & Consumables - 1700
- New Dashcam: Most of my car's bruises and damages were from the rear end which raised the need for a cam at the back too. Got the Viofo A129 Plus Duo thru a friend from USA along with some other car stuff. More details on the dashcam in a separate post/thread later on.
- Dashcam & Hardwire kit
- Megs Polishing Pads for DA Adapter (Planned to use with my drill machine)
- Megs Microfiber Applicator Pads
- Chemical Guys Clay Bar