Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Long Term Ownership Review

"Price Hike" news is just another business strategy adopted by all manufacturers.. You would have seen all Manufacturers published news saying they are going to hike price in January 2017! None of them actually did yet! Every year this drama continues. They will only hike after March. Anyway, Tiago worth price hike as its giving most of the features at very low price than competitors.

You must have received a Nov-Dec16 Manufacture car. They actually tried to push all 2016 cars by this news. (I too booked one..)
Yes i got the nov -16 model and congrats on your purchase..have you received it if yes then let us know your thoughts about it

Can anyone Confirm the Hike in RTO fees..there has been a huge increase in hypothecation fees and other fees in hyderabad ...I don't understand the logic behind it..is this coming from Central Govt or Just Telangana Govt..Can someone Clarify on this

Thanks

thank you so much prabhakar sir i will check all the issues in detail and post the result here. in the meantime i will check the harman system version after i finish work and post here with pic

Prabhakar sir i have noticed ratting sound coming from right side AC vent and its coming from inside..even if i hold the blades of vent tight then also sound does not go so someting is loose inside vent or a metal part is touching with interior of dashboard..i went to tata service but they are saying they wil fix in 1st service :( i dont know if they are avoiding this issue or something else...
Kindly advice what should i do should wait or i ask them to fix this immediately

I have kept my review on hold as i was out of town..will update it very soon here after i finish the video review (a really noobish review :P )

Thread Starter #272
re: Tata Tiago Petrol XZ - A Layman's Review, "10000 KM milestone".

Prabhakar sir i have noticed ratting sound coming from right side AC vent and its coming from inside..even if i hold the blades of vent tight then also sound does not go so someting is loose inside vent or a metal part is touching with interior of dashboard..i went to tata service but they are saying they wil fix in 1st service :( i dont know if they are avoiding this issue or something else...
Kindly advice what should i do should wait or i ask them to fix this immediately
Hi Abhishek, I had the exact same rattling in my Tiago during its early days. It was very sporadic so I waited few weeks before visiting service center. By that time, the rattling vanished by itself at around 3000 km on the Odo. If this is not bothering you much, my recommendation is to wait for some time until your engine runs in.
PS: Please no sir, you are welcome to address me by my name [:)]. Looking forward to your video review.

Yes i got the nov -16 model and congrats on your purchase..have you received it if yes then let us know your thoughts about it

Can anyone Confirm the Hike in RTO fees..there has been a huge increase in hypothecation fees and other fees in hyderabad ...I don't understand the logic behind it..is this coming from Central Govt or Just Telangana Govt..Can someone Clarify on this

Thanks
Yes Abhishek, I got my car last Friday. I got a Jan 2017 model. VIN MAT626281HKAXXXXX . Not driven much to review being unwell since last 1 week.. I will drive some miles this weekend possibly!
Yes, RTO fee been hiked from 10th January in every state it seems.

FYI..
New central motor vehicles rules come into action; big raise in fees for licence, driving test, fitness - Times of India

Thread Starter #274

Guys, Any thoughts on the purpose of this hook located in the rear left wheel well area?
Some answers I received so far:
1. Securing the car when put on a flat bed truck for transporting.
2. Towing another car. This is less probable as the tow cable would certainly damage rear bumper due to it's high position. Also the hook itself doesn't show confidence to withhold the weight of a full blown car.
IMG_20170122_120821 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20170122_120826 - Copy.jpg

And by the way, I received these door open reflectors from Aliexpress and stuck them last week:
IMG_20170118_074136 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20170119_202218 - Copy.jpg

Hi Abhishek, I had the exact same rattling in my Tiago during its early days. It was very sporadic so I waited few weeks before visiting service center. By that time, the rattling vanished by itself at around 3000 km on the Odo. If this is not bothering you much, my recommendation is to wait for some time until your engine runs in.
PS: Please no sir, you are welcome to address me by my name [:)]. Looking forward to your video review.
thanks prabhakar :)

my servicing date is coming next week so i might ask them to see this issue..if its fixed then i will be happy

Yes Abhishek, I got my car last Friday. I got a Jan 2017 model. VIN MAT626281HKAXXXXX . Not driven much to review being unwell since last 1 week.. I will drive some miles this weekend possibly!
Yes, RTO fee been hiked from 10th January in every state it seems.

FYI..
New central motor vehicles rules come into action; big raise in fees for license, driving test, fitness - Times of India
Congrats on your new car :) and sad to hear about RTO price hike its really unjustified considering they are anyway earning huge profits and in return they don't even do anything to make roads safer and still we have to drive on roads full of potholes.. I wonder where does all the money goes..the amount has to be in billions as they rake up huge charges from luxury car segment..govt knows it and they are going with the flow ..income tax needs to raid these RTO officials then only we can know how much they have stuffed up[frustration]:mad:

Congrats on your new car :) and sad to hear about RTO price hike its really unjustified considering they are anyway earning huge profits and in return they don't even do anything to make roads safer and still we have to drive on roads full of potholes.. I wonder where does all the money goes..the amount has to be in billions as they rake up huge charges from luxury car segment..govt knows it and they are going with the flow ..income tax needs to raid these RTO officials then only we can know how much they have stuffed up[frustration]:mad:
Its India buddy! People forget or never dare to ask questions on where their tax paid money goes.. If you question you will be tortured or the new trend is you will be termed 'Anti-National' if you question Govt's decision!

Bangalore guys, pls avoid KHT Service Center for servicing. They are totally unethical. Better go to Classic Motors or Concorde Motors Dairy Circle.
In my first free service they charged me 150rs on the name of shampo and grease. I checked with other Tiago owners in Bangalore and only those who serviced at KHT are getting charged. Also they were faking about discounts on extended warranty and p2p but selling at same rates. When asked in detail, they said we are not charging surcharge! Also they didn't provide free
This was my last visit to KHT and would make sure I make everyone aware about them. This was a true bad Ass Tata service experience for me.

Thread Starter #279

My Tiago's Mileage Chart:
Tiago_Mileage_Chart_3.PNG

Source Data:
Tiago_Mileage_Data.PNG
Stats:
  • Lowest Variance: 2.0 kmpl
  • Highest Variance: 4.2 kmpl
  • Average Variance: 3.1 kmpl
Parameters:
  • My drive routes are repetitive and typically on 70% dual carriageways and 30% city roads with intermittent AC usage.
  • The roads I drive don't let me use Eco mode unless I drive at odd hours.
  • Always refueled at the same HP COCO station.
  • All calculations are done by tank full method (using Fuelio app).

Last edited:
View attachment 219757

Source Data:
View attachment 219755
Stats:
Parameters:
  • My drive routes are repetitive and typically on 70% dual carriageways and 30% city roads with intermittent AC usage.
Wow!!! Thanks for these data... I have one suggestion. could you also please plot a line each in the graph for Avg. Actual FE and Avg. MID FE?
Or could you please tell us the both the Avg. Numbers?

Wow!!! Thanks for these data... I have one suggestion. could you also please plot a line each in the graph for Avg. Actual FE and Avg. MID FE?
Or could you please tell us the both the Avg. Numbers?
Out of curiosity, I worked out myself the overall Avg. FEs.[;)]
Overall Avg. Actual FE: 15.99 KMPL
Overall Avg. MID FE: 19.08 KMPL
Difference: 3.08 KMPL

View attachment 219757

Source Data:
View attachment 219755
Stats:
Parameters:
That's a healthy fuel efficiency, and quite enjoy the tech you apply for the same.

I ofcource use the old school of, kagaz kalam aur calculator (paper, pen and calculator)

Thread Starter #282

Out of curiosity, I worked out myself the overall Avg. FEs.[;)]
Overall Avg. Actual FE: 15.99 KMPL
Overall Avg. MID FE: 19.08 KMPL
Difference: 3.08 KMPL
My apologies for late reply. Looks like you have done quite a number of key punches today [clap]. Here are the excel and raw data files from Fuelio, if you are still curious. Note that the entries prior to 04-Sep-16 may not be accurate as I wasn't using this app until then and was noting down as plain text.

View attachment vehicle-1-sync.xls

View attachment Tiago FE Charts.xls
I did an early top up this morning just to check the accuracy of the MID with 95% of dual carriageway in Eco mode. The MID was quite happy at 25 KMPL for a 190 KM trip (3 short trips actually) but gave me a shocker when the actual FE was a mere 20.12 KMPL. I am quite disappointed to see 20% overstated numbers on the MID. Owners, please make note of this variance if you are taking the MID's FE figures for granted.
Screenshot_20170201-075231.png

That's a healthy fuel efficiency, and quite enjoy the tech you apply for the same.
I ofcource use the old school of, kagaz kalam aur calculator (paper, pen and calculator)��
Thank you Nanofreak. This wasn't a planned post, I happened to notice the raw data file on my phone and a random thought hit me to put the numbers together. All this happened when my toddler girl woke up at 3:30am and went back to sleep while I was all sober by then [lol].

Last edited:

My apologies for late reply. Looks like you have done quite a number of key punches today [clap]. Here are the excel and raw data files from Fuelio, if you are still curious. Note that the entries prior to 04-Sep-16 may not be accurate as I wasn't using this app until then and was noting down as plain text.

View attachment 219766

View attachment 219767
I did an early top up this morning just to check the accuracy of the MID with 95% of dual carriageway in Eco mode. The MID was quite happy at 25 KMPL for a 190 KM trip (3 short trips actually) but gave me a shocker when the actual FE was a mere 20.12 KMPL. I am quite disappointed to see 20% overstated numbers on the MID. Owners, please make note of this variance if you are taking the MID's FE figures for granted.
View attachment 219768

Thank you Nanofreak. This wasn't a planned post, I happened to notice the raw data file on my phone and a random thought hit me to put the numbers together. All this happened when my toddler girl woke up at 3:30am and went back to sleep while I was all sober by then [lol].
You drove 454kms before refuelling. Awesome for a petrol car [clap].My aim is to atleast cross 400kms for now

One of the very few perks of living in tier 2 city [:D]. I ran mostly on dual carriage ways with Eco mode during that refill.
Great. Seems like you drive mostly with AC off. Eco Mode and AC is a big No for me. Your graphs and table are so informative. Still would like to suggest that the variance should be measured more in % terms rather than only kmpl terms. Gives a better idea since at lower FE variance would also come down but at higher FE it would increase but % would be more or less same.

Top Bottom