My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Please for god's sake, stop using window shades for the front 2 doors, it's the most dangerous thing, after the sunroof.
I've seen owners tying up in knots to get a glimpse of the oncoming traffic, especially on turns and when changing lanes.
It's only meant for the back door windows, don't believe me have a look at the luxury cars, which have it as OEM on the back windows.
It's your life and choice.
Cheers

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yes, I agree, Vinodji.
Rather than window shades, I mainly wanted a Windshield shade as GPS antenna has been fixed on the dashboard behind the steering wheel and close to the windshield (edge) which is directly open to the sky and all Sun heat falls on it. I read news reports that the GPS antenna covers getting melt in such direct sun, heat conditions so I want to save the antenna from sun stroke[roll]

Thread Starter #1,893

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Nanofreak

Thanks for your response and suggestion. Agreed with you that one should not compromise visibility at any cost.

Fortunately, it is removable & no issues we can remove and keep in the boot. For rear passengers it’s a boon as it directly filters sun rays , even if no rear passengers it reduces overall heat to some extend. Yes, I have noticed rolling window shades in some MERC as part of OE.

I also understand, it may not long last for those cars always parked under hot sun outside as the internal metal frame gets heated up and magnets lose its property. Also to be careful not to damage the car windows rubber beading/weather shield.

Definitely, I will keep them off in monsoon, whenever I am not comfortable in city / late evenings and while side view mirrors cannot be accessed. Also, will be removed while washing the car as it may help avoiding any rusting spot and I shall keep watching the door frames/rubber shield as I cannot bear any damage to them.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,894

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

THREAD INDEX UPDATE

Clip_2.jpg

Good Day to Dear All.

I believe, whenever this thread pop ups in the TAI postings you expect some new information every time...

That's the reason I avoid simple chatting unless necessary and wait to acknowledge along with some new information for not disappointing the Reader.

I know, though I never get so many LIKES, but getting quite a lot of viewers, that’s the one motivates me to contribute something and makes all my threads alive.

Unfortunately, after the recent TAI website update most of the intra- thread links provided in our past postings are failed and it links only to the first starting page of a thread.

I have redesigned the first page so that to help through INDEX PAGE, as many readers come to this thread in search of some information. That's the reason, there's a need for an update to help them for maximum possible information by providing the page numbers for easy browsing.

I have made 2020 UPDATE as on date, including all the relevant information of both positive and negative factors appeared in postings & interactions.

I reiterate, the information provided here by me and our well-wishers are purely of our feelings, our experience with a good intention to help each other. It's my request that if anyone likes to adopt should never compromise the safety of driving. Yes, convenience differs to different persons.

Hope, the new UPDATE will help them getting some information for taking a right decision.

LINK: My New Honda City in White - The Albus (The Beginning…)

Regards
Dr MUDHAN @ ALBUS
anhc-gif.gif

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,896

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

FIDDLING WITH FUSE - Do's and Dont's?

CAR FUSE.jpg

TO ERROR IS HUMAN.
Sometimes we learn from our mistakes and also from other’s. That's the reason I share such an experience here.

Last weekend, I broke my head (of course the Mind) never before than ever.

I did a mistake and caused a short circuit that resulted in failure of CONSTANT VOLTAGE electrical 12V line of my ALBUS and, no Head lights, Dome light, Head Unit Radio/ Reverse Cam display, Parking lights/warning beep, Door Remote control, License plate lights ... all in parked mode.[frustration]

But once the car started, lights are working except Head Unit / Reverse Cam display, Dome Light.

Before back home after my superannuation, I have provided a clock line on the dash that has Battery Positive, Negative, ACC line and a dimmer line connected to parking lights. The clock was similar to White LED type that came in TATA INDICA.

The clock will on when car starts, goes to non-display node when car switched off but still connected to direct battery for keeping time memory and, also connected to head / parking light to get it dimmed.

Later I removed the clock but carefully sealed the connection & securely kept inside the - A pillar, in case I go for any other gadget like Dash Cam for future.

I have purchased a 12V to 5V USB adopter which I thought of providing a line on dash for my HUD gadget, so decided to connect with that. Took out the line covered under cable sheath, but cut the plug meant for the clock to detach it with a cutting plier without realizing a direct line wire also part of it.

OMG! I felt a short circuit signal indication in internal lights and that’s all about it.

Now I realized I caused a damage to internal electrical line, praying it should only be due to a simple blown out fuse and not a major problem.

I know, I would have not got into trouble if simply I detached the Battery terminal before or carefully segregated the live wire from the bundle. It’s my bad time.

THE CHALLENGE

The challenge is to find out which one fuse and how I am going to solve it by myself.

So many doubts are need to be clarified before I do something…..

What type of fuses are there, how to pull out the right blown one, whether any tool is required and where to buy a replacement FUSE spare? How many fuse circuits/Junctions are there in this car? Also, how am l going to access them in that difficult position especially those in-Dash Driver's seat area under the steering and what kind of GYMNASTIC POSTURE that I need to adopt....

There are so many online Honda forums, videos/discussions over internal lights failure and blown out fuse issues, but nothing was useful. Some not matched, some confused.

So it's the owner’s responsibility to carefully locate the dead fuse, may be the Auto Electrician pull out some and lucky enough to locate.

I know I can solve this issue by identifying the right fuse as the car is normal otherwise. So decided to try myself but ensuring not to cause further damage.

I restored the missing functions and learnt something in the process. Hope, this will be useful to those who come across such situation whatever car that they own.

WHAT I DID

I read and recalled my previous article in this thread when one of my fuse blown out while changing a LED bulb last time.

But neither I remember the type of fuse need to be replaced nor possess the required tool now to pull out.

I opened the location, with great difficulty I turned my head to see them inside. I couldn't find any fuse puller provided by the manufacturer in that panel and felt for the need of a nose plier at least to remove and check.

Took a nose plier, pulled out the fuse meant for small lights (what Auto Electrician changed last time) as there is no internal lights fuse in the diagram of the manual. Found the fuse is intact and now the head break started how to locate the real culprit?

Took the picture of the fuse panel inside, picture/sticker of fuse panel pasted at the lower side of A panel and compared with fuse diagram in the manual.

Made a drawing to segregate and not to touch the vital fuses like Airbag, AC, Door Motors which are all perfectly working and decided to test first the lower amp fuses like 7.5 A and 10A.

Correlating the pictures, actual fuse position was done but it's till I got confused to note some yellow colored part in the beginning at the top left corner that was hiding a fuse inside.

Is it the backup fuse? What's the purpose of it?

One Online site indicated that it controls ECU and warned me not to explore. I found out all other 7.5 / 10A fuses are intact and gave me a sleepless night as I could not identify the culprit.

The next day fortunately one online forum indicated the yellow part is nothing but a in box tool - FUSE PULLER provided by the Manufacturer.

Great, I pulled it out, came nicely and found out a 10A fuse underneath that marked as Backup fuse in the diagram.

I pulled it out... oh my God that's the culprit.

Now, I could locate two emergencies spare 10A fuses at the right end top in the fuse box itself, took one and replaced.

You know, how much I am happy when I could see the dome lamp lighted up and HU started singing.[cheers]

COMMON FACTS FOR ALL CARS:

This experience taught me something which I feel would be useful to every car owner.

• Generally, there are three fuse junctions: 1. Under the hood in engine compartment, 2. In-Dash under the steering, 3. With the positive terminal of the battery. Third Gen ANHC has no under hood one.
  • There are four types of car fuses, Third Gen ANHC uses MICRO LOW PROFILE ones.
  • Accidental wire short cut first blows the 10A backup fuse, otherwise part specific to be checked in case of any particular malfunctioning part like AC, Door Motor etc.,
  • Normally a fuse puller and some spare fuses are provided in the box.
  • Fuse diagram to be studied from the sticker affixed in the box and manual as well.
  • Major fuses like 100A at Battery terminal should be replaced at the garage/dealer service. In such cases car will be dead and not start.
  • No standard symbols and guidance followed by automobile manufactures. Even among the same car the actual fuse used differs to different versions according to OE accessories provided.
  • The manual is also not versions specific. It may indicate fuses which is not actually there.
  • It’s better to keep some spare fuses
  • During a need when there is no spare of the same rated ampere, temporally we can shift fuse of the same amperage belonging to another gadget whose use can be avoided for some time.
  • Always same amperage fuse to be replaced.
  • Driver side in dash replacement requires lot of patient and care as the fuse may slip & fall into the wire cluttered area or into the A pillar channel. (I missed one and could not trace it)

PLEASE NOTE:
  • In modern cars and trucks, there are generally two types of circuits that run through the vehicle: circuits that are live all the time and circuits that are only active when the engine is running. A circuit that is live or hot all the time means that it constantly receives power, even when your car is parked and the engine is off.
  • Hard wiring your Accessories like Dashcam to your fuse box has its benefits: not only does it free up your 12V cigarette outlet, it hides distracting wires to improve your windshield visibility and makes your Dashcam install look clean and professional.
CAR FUSE5.jpg

CAR FUSE2.jpg

CAR FUSE3.jpg

CAR FUSE4.jpg

FUSE BOX RELAY DETAILS

--------------------------------------------------------------

READ MORE:

ANHC: HOW TO IDENTIFY AND REPLACE A BLOWN FUSE!

ANHC: ENGINE COMPARTMENT BATTERY FUSE BOX

CRACING@ FUSE TAP INTO ACCESSORIES FUSE HOLDER LOCATION ON THE FUSE BOX

CRACING@ DASHCAM WIRING

-------------------------------------------------------------

HOW TO IDENTIFY CONSTANT AND SWITCHED FUSES

Fuse Holder Add-a-circuit TAP Adapter LINK 1 LINK 2

Fuse Fetch Clip / Extractor Puller Tool

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,898

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
DOOR WARNING LIGHTS 1.JPG

Car Door Warning.gif

In the past ... with my previous cars, I always used to think about door opened warning indications and used to affix Red Reflective Stickers on doors panels.
I started searching recently and found some new gadget in amazon in this regard but, that appeared to be cheap, short lived and not a full water proof. Many feedback revealed either the batteries are missing in the pack or very weak as not lasting even for few days.

I know, it is a product of a Chinese Mind, started searching in AliExpress and found the original version/innovation, interestingly by a reputed manufacture –
BASEUS

Fortunately, I could order before the Corona Virus episode and got it now. It is really of high quality and I am happy to have in my ALBUS.
More than an attractive gadget it really helps in SAFETY. This unit comes as pair for two doors with four heavy duty 2032 button cells which they claim to loss for more than a year and replaceable.
It is like Plug & Play, we just need to paste and enjoy. No wiring or cutting. It works on Magnetic Trigger / Induction ,and provided with a tiny Neodymium Magnet (Note: Ordinary Magnets will lose their strength shortly; Neodymium lose less than 1% over 10 years; Permanent Nd-Fe-B Magnets carry on indefinitely)

WHAT I DID:
Found, once triggered by touching the magnet to ‘ON’, the gadget automatically switches ‘OFF’ after by around 120 seconds if undisturbed.
Checked the right place at the front and rear doors to paste the gadget by not creating friction or hindrance. As It comes with a good double sided tape after cleaning the spot (with alcohol /Dish Washer diluted Liquid) pasted firmly. After noting down the spot it rests, THEN the magnet was pasted exactly on the opposite spot.

NOTE:
1. The indication that you did it perfectly is - when you open the door after 3 minutes, the LED beads should be flashing as it has got triggered by the door movement.
If the LED beads failed to flash, you need to relocate the magnets and set it correctly.
2. Though the double sided tape is good, if possible it can be replaced with original 3M tape for both, the gadget and magnet.
3. It is better to remove both or at least the magnet (The gadget will not light up without a magnet) while sending the car for regular service or to body shop as, at there the laborers would be careless and frequent opening and closing of door will reduce the battery life.
4. There are two colors available White and Smoked Black ,the choice is yours.
5. Better to keep sufficient 2032 Button Cells and its really cheaper @ AliExpress
LINK:
SONY
PANASONIC

DOOR WARNING LIGHTS 2.jpg

DOOR WARNING LIGHTS 3.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,899

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Kindly note the corrections:

As we can’t edit our postings after half an hour, I would like to bring the following corrections for your information.

1. The spelling mistakes in my TITLE PICTURE (overtaking /blurred) is from the seller’s page as advertised.

2. The automatic switch off time is around 120 seconds and not 180 seconds, so we can check after two minutes whether we aligned the gadget with the magnet correctly.

3. Another purchase link, better than what indicated in price and shipping wise is AliExpress

4. Battery CR 2032 replacement by detaching the holding clamp in the center:
Car Door Warning.jpg

Thread Starter #1,900

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member

ALBUS GETS

A FAKE & FUN SECURITY GADGET!

ANHC.jpg

Once I was surprised to see a tiny red light flashing in the Dash Speedo Panel of my friend’s Fourth generation ANHC when halted/parked.

First, I thought that it was some ‘Door non_ closure warning light’, but later understood as security indication that the car is armed against theft which is common in all new gen cars now.

That’s missing in my ALBUS.

It was so fun to see a fake gadget is also available online to simulate as anti-theft indicator @Rs.150/- which is interestingly Solar/USB port charged. And equipped with a built in light sensor that turns the lights on automatically when the sun goes down and turns the light off when the sun rises.

I bought one and kept at the rear windshield of my ALBUS for two reasons, 1. The car is parked facing towards my home and the flashing light may not be much noticeable from the front gate if kept on the front dash. 2. More importantly, the car gets little sun rays at the rear end in the morning hours that will automatically charge the inbuilt battery and avoid USB charging.

It works well, no issues so far. It could be also possible to charge with power bank if need be.

I love to see it is blinking and also to smile at …[:D]

ANHC2.gif

AliExpress LINK

Last edited:
Thread Starter #1,902

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@ Drbeat
It’s my suggestion that better we can avoid it, for the reason 1. The quality is not good 2. Fan blades easily get stuck 3. Not much water resistant as easily get damaged during water service 4. Lights will get turned on only during certain velocity 5. Cheap looking like a toy.

Thread Starter #1,903

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
SOME ADD ONs to ALBUS

car doll.jpg

DASH BOARD DOLL
PROS: I liked the Big Hero Shaking Smiley Doll as it radiates a happy and positive mood, also neat and cute.[:D]
CONS: White color may get dirtier in windows opened car. Need a good 3M DS Tape and proper cleaning of the spot. Note- Better avoid over Airbag spot/area of the dash.

STEERING WHEEL COVER
PROS: Cheap, liked the texture and design.
CONS: Not firm on ANHC Steering Wheel as need to be secured by double side tape. Little Acidic Odor was emanating but vanished after a day.

READ MORE:
1. DASH BOARD DOLLS - PAGE 23

2. STEERING WHEEL COVERS
@ Dr MUDHAN - PAGE 24
@ CRACING - PAGE 63

Top Bottom