My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hello friends,

I have finally found what I've been looking for. [:D] That is Voltmeter and Thermometer that can fit into blank socket on Honda City dashboard.

Honda_City_Blank_Socket.jpg Voltmeter_Thermometer_For_Honda.jpg

At present I had voltmeter plugged into power socket but lately its malfunctioning. It severed me continuously for 2 years so I wouldn't blame the quality for 2 USD product.

Now its time to buy new one and I have decided to go for one that fits into black socket. It looks like factory finish and I'll spare power socket for other accessories. Connection is not a problem for me since I have fuse tap for dashcam and I will use the same for this voltmeter. Costs 12 Usd which seems little high but the product is custom design and I'm glad there is such product made for us. [:)]

Product link: here

There are two models, big size for previous gen Honda City (2009-2013) and the small size for current gen city (2014-present). Though its better to check socket dimensions before buying.

P.s. You can also find different products that can be fitted into blank sockets. Such as, voltmeter + usb sockets, usb charging sockets, DRL switch and etc. However, I couldn't find blank cap for socket so we have to keep the OEM caps safely.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Hello friends,

I have finally found what I've been looking for. [:D] That is Voltmeter and Thermometer that can fit into blank socket on Honda City dashboard.

Hello Carcing,

Good find and look like OEM fitment. Can you shade some light how and where to connect it?
Don't forget to share images once installed it.
Also I would like to check your Dashcam setup and fuse tapping. If you can share some pictures then it could be helpful to other members also.

I am planning to install auto-dimming mirror so want to do fuse tapping. [:)]

Thanks..

Last edited:
Something that I would not attempt.

Not that it would fit our city in the first place since the design is different, but even if it did I would not attempt to tamper with cutting metal crossbars on the roof.

Mine is an even stricter no-no since I have a sunroof.
am trying the same this.. but just need to confirm does it gonna fit.. i have SV MT which has no Maplight with Sunglass holder..i tried for the Diagram or schematic of Map light part couldnt find it.

Thanks, that external PROBE might go behind the dashboard. Share more pics once you installed it.
Yep but I don't think it will show accurate temperature. Chinese electronics! [;)]

Voltmeter is important for me and thermometer is just a add-on. I will post review once I get the product.

Can you shade some light how and where to connect it?

Don't forget to share images once installed it.
You have to strip any existing +ve wire and tap it or use fuse tap. The latter is highly recommended.

Fitting is easy, just remove one blank cap and insert the voltmeter. To remove blank cap; first you have to remove driver side glove box and then push the blank cap from behind. It can also be pop opened from front with pry tool but it will be difficult and may cause damage.

Honda_City_3rd_Gen_Blank_Socket_Cap.jpg

As soon as I get the product, I will post details of installation.

Also I would like to check your Dashcam setup and fuse tapping. If you can share some pictures then it could be helpful to other members also.

I am planning to install auto-dimming mirror so want to do fuse tapping. [:)
As of dashcam, I have already made a detailed review thread and installation guide. Please check here. Plug & Go Method installation is posted in first page and hardwire installation in second page.

Had the pleasure and honor of meeting Dr. Mudhan and Albus in person on Monday during my weekend drive to Chennai. A gem of a person I must say. Also 'Albus' looked like it was just out of the showroom. No way did it look to be 5 year old be it outside or inside. Clearly shows the passion and love bestowed on him.

Hello,

Yesterday I have renewed my Car PUC certificate and thought to share it here. Last time I had paid Rs. 200 and this time Rs. 100. Not sure whether its reduced or center charging random amount.

Anyway, I have checked the present test with previous test and found huge difference so I'm curious to know whether my car pollutes more or less now.

Previous Test Results:
Pres STD: CO 3.0, HC 1500, CO2 --, O2 --
Measured Level: CO 2.11, HC 47, CO2 7.90, O2 12.6
Units: CO % Vol, HC PPM, CO2 % Vol, O2 PPM

Present Test Results:
Pres STD: CO 3.0, HC 1500, CO2 --, O2 --
Measured Level: CO 0.15, HC 7, CO2 12.50, O2 4.8
Units: CO % Vol, HC PPM, CO2 % Vol, O2 PPM

I tried to research about these figures but couldn't understand thoroughly. Guy in the center didn't explain either, said the test is passed otherwise I wouldn't get cert printed from server. I would appreciate if someone helps me to elaborate the results. [:)]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Attachments

Last edited:
@CRACING, First emission report is wrong, CO 2.11 can not be for Honda. usually they don't calibrate their testing unit sensors so most of the centres you get inaccurate readings. Second report CO 0.15 is OK but ideal should be 0.01 to 0.1 in this case too I suspect sensor error. HC(hydrocarbons unburnt) is ok. Quality of engine oil, oil's age and quality of fuel will greatly effect emission tests. You should do test at least running the car for 30mis.

-suryaputhra

Voltmeter + Thermometer For Honda City 3rd Gen

CR_City-09_Voltmeter_Dashcam_Header.jpg

Hello Friends,

Today I have received the Voltmeter + Thermometer (that is specifically designed for Honda City blank socket) and it took 18 days only. [:D]

Built quality of product is good but the letters printed on front face aren't perfect nor good quality ink is used, so they may wear off soon. Voltmeter fits perfectly into the blank socket hole and it gives a factory finish. First I have tested the meter by connecting directly to battery and it showed the voltage as well as temperature. Then I have continued installing the product without any issues. However, the voltage reading is slightly less (~0.2v) compared to my old voltmeter that plugs into power socket, even though the wiring is connected to the same fuse. To triple test, I have used multimeter and the reading of new voltmeter is 0.4v less. May be the calibration is not accurate and I don't think there is way to change it. Not a major issue for me, still I have sent message to the seller and lets see what he says.

Product Description:

Product Name: Voltmeter + Thermometer for Honda
Product Link: Here
Product Cost: 11.99 USD
Fits for: Honda City 3rd Gen 2009-2013 as well as other cars with same size blank sockets.
Blank Socket Cap Size : 44mm x 25.5mm (HxW) (Details)

Buyer Notes:

There are two models, big size for previous gen Honda City (2009-2013) and the small size for current gen city (2014-present). Take out the blank socket cap from your car and check dimensions before buying. You can also find different accessories that can be fitted into blank sockets. Such as, voltmeter + usb sockets, usb charging sockets, DRL switch and etc. However, I couldn't find blank cap for sockets so we have to keep the OEM caps safely.

Installation Instructions:

Note: Before proceeding, test the voltmeter by connecting to car battery or any 12v DC power and see if it shows correct readings.

Step 1. Soldering fuse tap and terminal lug

The voltmeter wires are open ended and you'll have to solder fuse tap to positive wire and terminal lug to the negative. This way the installation will be neat and can be reverted anytime.
I couldn't get high quality or thick wire lugs locally so I had to buy from Aliexpress. 50A copper wire lug link.
Voltmeter_Wiring_Diagram.jpg

Step 2. Removing driver side glove box, firewall panel and blank socket cap.

Honda City's fuse box is hidden behind driver side glove box.

To remove glove box, open it and pull the bottom part on both sides (upwards) and it will pop out. Take out the glove box and keep it aside.
Reinstalling is little difficult so watch how you remove it so that you can reverse the process easily when refitting.

Firewall panel which is above the pedals also need to removed so there will be more space to work on wiring.
The panel has two locks; right side there is a knob that needs to twisted to unlock and on left side there is a metal clip that can be released by slowing pulling the panel downwards.
Once the locks are opened, take the panel outside (Towards seat).

Blank socket cap has two notches but with a little push from behind, it should pop out. Incase its tight, press the notches with two fingers and push it outside.
Don't use pry tool and try to take out the cap from front, you might cause damage.
Sorry, forgot to take pictures after removing the cap.

Step 3. Voltmeter installation and Wiring

The voltmeter power cable has M/F wire connector, unplug it and keep the voltmeter aside until you route the wires.
CR_City09_Voltmeter_Thermometer_001.jpg

Locate accessories fuse on the fuse box and remove it using fuse puller (Provided in the fuse box). Use the same fuse and install it in fuse tap. Install another fuse (10A or 15A) in the fuse tap for voltmeter.
Once done, put the fuse tap into accessories fuse holder location on the fuse box and make sure it is secure.
To connect negative wire, remove any nearby bolts, insert negative wire lug and fasten the bolt.

Now take out the wire connector from blank socket hole, reconnect the voltmeter and push it back into the hole alone wire. Make sure its not upside-down.
Tie the excess wires to nearby metal holes or rod but far from pedals, ABC cables, steering column.

Few months ago, I have installed dashcam hardwire via fuse tap and now I have used the same fuse tap for voltmeter connection.
Review of my dashcam and its installation is here and hardwire installation is here.
So now I can only show you wiring pictures of both the devices and it will help those who are doing similar setup.
Dashcam_Voltmeter_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
CR_City-09_Voltmeter_Dashcam_Wiring_001.jpg
CR_City-09_Voltmeter_Dashcam_Wiring_002.jpg

Step 4. Testing the voltmeter and finishing the work.

Do a quick test of voltmeter and thermometer to see if it is showing correct readings.
Carefully refit the firewall panel and glove box by doing reverse procedure.
CR_City09_Voltmeter_Thermometer_002.jpg

You have successfully installed the Voltmeter + Thermometer. [thumbsup]
Thats it and sorry for XXL size post. :tongue:

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom