Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Has anyone tried upgrading the headlamps in the Honda Amaze IDtech? I am using stock halogen tubes provided with the new car but it feels I need to upgrade.. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried upgrading the headlamps in the Honda Amaze IDtech? I am using stock halogen tubes provided with the new car but it feels I need to upgrade.. Any suggestions?
I am using 100/90 W setup with a Philips relay, but that is on a Brio. Watt ages in both brio and amaze are the same, so you can definitely go ahead with this setup.

Do not use high wattage bulbs without relay as, it will damage your headlights and reflectors.

Hi All,

I bought honda amaze on 26 April 2013 so its a year old now. I believe that there is no pollution check required for a year. But now I visited few petrol pumps to get pollution certificate but they say that their machine could not detect the RPM of Honda Amaze.

plz advise on following things:
1. Does Honda Amaze requires pollution check?
2. From where can we get it checked in Delhi NCR.(Plz let me know the petrol pump if anybody has already got it checked)

Re: DIY Rear Speakers Change

For completing the Audio setup in my car , i had to change the stock rear 4" speakers of Amaze. There was a Major problem with that. Only 4" speakers can be used on the rear of amaze because a metal rod is passing right under the magnet area and any bigger size will have a deeper magnet and hence it wont fit.
hi vishnu
even i have installed 5.25" speakers at rear. It was a tight fit. however I had used the original speaker mounts with a custom made mdf spacer . posting pics for your reference.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #860
Re: DIY Rear Speakers Change

Mud flap is not needed while you upgrade to skirting. I liked your suggestion of rubber ones but problem is we have to drill new holes.
I totally agree with your views on new edition. yes you are right there is a gap. I found out the fault. Please see my reply to Vishnu. And yes the red one is mine )

Vishnu new seats are puffy , bit more rounded & cushioned. Its not just new cover i believe. I didn't get time to sit on it.But i felt it with hands & it was really soft padded. If you compare these pics with what i have posted , you can see the difference. I believe its too good for long drives. And seat cover is good quality & it seems washable or kept clean & it is slightly dark that the original seat you see here. that is how i remember it. I couldn't take a pic. But i have almost decided to buy it.Before making a final decision i wanna just chek these guys this week

https://www.facebook.com/ExtraPalaceCarAccessoriesShop

And a word of caution for all who go for seat / seat cover upgrade. I saw & sat sat in a Honda Amaze wich came for service. I was just chatting with the owner & he said he did seat upholstery. I said i want to check it. It was nicely done. The finish was black & orange. Mostly black & orange. Though it looks good & good to sit too ,it lost the shape of the original seat. And never ever go for black color for your seat as it looks some one suddenly ate all the space you felt in back seat as well as inside of the car.

Please check the attached pic to see about gap & what seems misaligned with the spoiler of Demo car & my fined car. TC guys G'nite.
This looks fine.You're sure that there is no gap ?

100/90 can be used with a proper relay.

Hi All,

I bought honda amaze on 26 April 2013 so its a year old now. I believe that there is no pollution check required for a year. But now I visited few petrol pumps to get pollution certificate but they say that their machine could not detect the RPM of Honda Amaze.

plz advise on following things:
1. Does Honda Amaze requires pollution check?
2. From where can we get it checked in Delhi NCR.(Plz let me know the petrol pump if anybody has already got it checked)
That is a new problem. WHy they need the rpm ? all they need is the carbon count right ?

hi vishnu
even i have installed 5.25" speakers at rear. It was a tight fit. however I had used the original speaker mounts with a custom made mdf spacer . posting pics for your reference.
Woah. Nice work. I've thought of doing the same, but dropped it because the components was very tight[:)]

Thread Starter #866
Does Honda Amaze have an AC cabin dust filter? If yes, can someone please explain where is it located and how can we clean it?
AC cabin filter is located behind the glove box. You can remove the glove box to access it as per the SVC guys words.

Wow! Thats a lot of mileage in less than a year!!!

Great that you are enjoying your car thoroughly!!!
Of course, I'm loving it :)
I think you're some very busy business man who is running like there is no tomorrow :stupid:

Apart from the jokes, how is your car doing ? Have you changed your brake pads ?

Hmm Vishnu and Ram you guys are really churning out Amaze like a floor mill[lol]. We just started looking few hatchbacks and Amaze diesel while our new car search for my BIL, so what is your view do will go for a car like Grand I10,Etios Liva,Swift etc., OR stretch the budget a little and go for Amaze ? how do you rate its maintenance costs ??

Thread Starter #868
Brake Pads Change

Kilometer Reading at the time of Brake pad change : 24333 kms .

Why brake's gave off this soon ?

My rotors where having some problem like it used to get lines after few thousand kilometers of running and I've reported it on my first service itself. They've polished the rotor and kept back it. All was fine till few thousand km's and again the same problem popped up. This time i used to get some shivering from the brake pedal every time I apply the brakes. So talked to them much more seriously and what they done was again polishing.[frustration] Then after few thousand km's I felt the brakes are low and went for a change. Since the rotors had some issues, and the brake pads on my one side where having some quality issues[frustration] You can see in the photos attached. Together gave me a comparatively low brake pad life,although they are claiming that it is a better figure. And that's why the bill popped up to a whooping 6 k for a brake change.
For a normal brake pads change, the bill should come around 3 k. But as i had earlier problem's , they polished the rotor's, bleed the lines, pour new brake fluid, and new pad's whole together a whooping 6 k. I was pissed off by seeing the bill and gave a complaint to the Customer Relation's and they where very fast to respond. Finally after so many talking , they said, if the problem's with still persist, They Will change the rotors under warranty That was a total relief for me since I've reported the problem 3 times and a complaint can do the justice. Now let the pictures take over.

DSC07135.JPG

DSC07134.JPG

DSC07137.JPG

Check the condition of both the set. Wear is not even on both set.

DSC07138.JPG

The pad's which dusted away.[frustration]

DSC07139.JPG

DSC07140.JPG

See the wear indicator and the amount of pad left on the other set. This should have lasted at least for 6000-7000 kms.
DSC07141.JPG

DSC07142.JPG

They are saying that some of the first lot vehicle's had similar problem's and since that, they've improved the quality of the brake pads,That's the only good news for time being !!

Thread Starter #869
Hmm Vishnu and Ram you guys are really churning out Amaze like a floor mill. We just started looking few hatchbacks and Amaze diesel while our new car search for my BIL, so what is your view do will go for a car like Grand I10,Etios Liva,Swift etc., OR stretch the budget a little and go for Amaze ? how do you rate its maintenance costs ??
Grand i10 diesel felt powerless. Whenever i switched ON the Ac, the engine jerks.
But the interior quality is good and you get drool stuff with all those gizmos. Not at all an enthusiast favored car with it's steering.

Etios Liva is OK. I personally don't like the interior with the cluster on the centre and no tachometer. The drive is pretty much refined and power is adequate IMO.

Swift is the most favorite car in the segment. It is likely to get few add-on's soon to beat the heat in competition. It would be nice if you could wait till that time. No serious problem's with the car, but i felt the engine strained all the time.[confused]

Streching Budjet??

1st service @ 1000 kms -Rs 0.00
2nd Service @ 5000 kms - Rs 0.00
3rd Service @ 10,000 kms - Rs 2204.00
4th Service @ 20,000 kms - Rs 4995.00
Brake pads change - Rs 6011 ( for normal change it costs around 3000)

Hope you're good to go [:D]

@Vishnu

Thanks for quick reply. See my opinions below

1. Grand I10 : Fresh in the market, but I feel its 3 cyl engine and may loose its breath in highway drive and also with my experience of previous I 10 I felt it is bit cramped space wise and not in the league of swift and others.
2. Liva : Traveled in a brand new cab and suprised with its space, nvh levels, ride quality and I liked its cluster on the center. mileage looks to be quite good. Here I am talking about the facelifted one.
3. Swift : Popular car with proven fiat engine and I have a Ritz with me. But I somehow felt it is cramped inside with low roof and less legroom for the driver and steering touch my legs and bit over priced too.
4. Amaze : I have seen it only once and never driven, but interior space is excellent and rest of the things I am regularly following your thread.

The usage is mainly in city daily commute to office and once or twice in a month on highway and village roads.

Now comment on this scenario

Top Bottom