Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Re: Brake Pads Change

Kilometer Reading at the time of Brake pad change : 24333 kms .

Why brake's gave off this soon ?

My rotors where having some problem like it used to get lines after few thousand kilometers of running and I've reported it on my first service itself. They've polished the rotor and kept back it. All was fine till few thousand km's and again the same problem popped up. This time i used to get some shivering from the brake pedal every time I apply the brakes. So talked to them much more seriously and what they done was again polishing.[frustration] Then after few thousand km's I felt the brakes are low and went for a change. Since the rotors had some issues, and the brake pads on my one side where having some quality issues[frustration] You can see in the photos attached. Together gave me a comparatively low brake pad life,although they are claiming that it is a better figure. And that's why the bill popped up to a whooping 6 k for a brake change.
For a normal brake pads change, the bill should come around 3 k. But as i had earlier problem's , they polished the rotor's, bleed the lines, pour new brake fluid, and new pad's whole together a whooping 6 k. I was pissed off by seeing the bill and gave a complaint to the Customer Relation's and they where very fast to respond. Finally after so many talking , they said, if the problem's with still persist, They Will change the rotors under warranty That was a total relief for me since I've reported the problem 3 times and a complaint can do the justice. Now let the pictures take over.

View attachment 136175

View attachment 136174

View attachment 136176

Check the condition of both the set. Wear is not even on both set.

View attachment 136177

The pad's which dusted away.[frustration]

View attachment 136178

View attachment 136179

See the wear indicator and the amount of pad left on the other set. This should have lasted at least for 6000-7000 kms.
View attachment 136180

View attachment 136181

They are saying that some of the first lot vehicle's had similar problem's and since that, they've improved the quality of the brake pads,That's the only good news for time being !!
Thanks for the pics although i think 6k for brake pad change is daylight robbery.
Why exactly they want to polish new rotors and skim it, if its new brake pad?

My honda brio is at 30k and touch wood no issues so far.

Ramu

Thread Starter #872
@Vishnu

Thanks for quick reply. See my opinions below

1. Grand I10 : Fresh in the market, but I feel its 3 cyl engine and may loose its breath in highway drive and also with my experience of previous I 10 I felt it is bit cramped space wise and not in the league of swift and others.
2. Liva : Traveled in a brand new cab and suprised with its space, nvh levels, ride quality and I liked its cluster on the center. mileage looks to be quite good. Here I am talking about the facelifted one.
3. Swift : Popular car with proven fiat engine and I have a Ritz with me. But I somehow felt it is cramped inside with low roof and less legroom for the driver and steering touch my legs and bit over priced too.
4. Amaze : I have seen it only once and never driven, but interior space is excellent and rest of the things I am regularly following your thread.

The usage is mainly in city daily commute to office and once or twice in a month on highway and village roads.

Now comment on this scenario
As far if space is your concern, Amaze should be your go. But the dash looks odd and under equipped. Even if it's the mileage out of these 4, Amaze will surely fetch you at least 1 kmpl than all the above. Attaching a picture of my Fuel log statistics
Screenshot_2014-05-28-16-51-28.png

Thread Starter #873

Thanks for the pics although i think 6k for brake pad change is daylight robbery.
Why exactly they want to polish new rotors and skim it, if its new brake pad?

My honda brio is at 30k and touch wood no issues so far.

Ramu
They are saying the have to level or else the new brake pads will be carving out like the old one's . And the new one's will start to wear similar to the grooves in the rotor. [frustration]

They are saying the have to level or else the new brake pads will be carving out like the old one's . And the new one's will start to wear similar to the grooves in the rotor. [frustration]
does honda amaze/brio show average mileage or instantaneous mileage? I no the actual mileage is less than tank to tank method, but what mileage shown on MID?

ramu

Hi vishnu,

First of all congrats for completing 25k :)

As as long term owner of amaze diesel, i need a advice as i am planning for amaze

1. How is the NVH level in amaze is really noisy ? whether noise comes down after 10k kms

2. what is the maintenance cost of honda diesel ?

3. Is there any gear shifting problems ?
please advice..

Thread Starter #878
Hi vishnu,

As as long term owner of amaze diesel, i need a advice as i am planning for amaze

1. How is the NVH level in amaze is really noisy ? whether noise comes down after 10k kms

please advice..

Thank you ,

1. I have damped the doors and hood. Thereby the NVH has decreased a lot better and yes, the NVH felt to be settled to a great extent when compared to the initial times, and moreover the 2014 Amaze is getting better NVH dampening from factory itself.

2. Maintenance cost is comparatively cheap. My 1st oil change costed around 2k, 2nd around 5k . For more details, you can check the first post of this thread, where i have put up link to access everything rather by checking each and every page.

3. Gearshifts where a lil bit tight on the initial stages, but now it is butter smooth. No problem with the gear shifts at all.[:)]

Hi vishnu,

please advice..
Regarding NVH levels,i received my amaze diesel on may 12th,there is a lot of difference between testdrive vehicle 0f 2013 model and mine which is 2014 model.
Even the honda people in the showroom said that nvh levels were reduced in 2014 models.

@vishnu vichu How are you getting these fuel stats. It looks like a really nice app in your phone. Can you please help me with the name of this app
There are lot of such apps for android. The one vishnu vichu is using is called FuelLog - Car Management. Its good but not in active development since few years.

I use Fuel Manager which is active in development as well as recommend some others which are excellent too:

Fuelio
Fuelmeter
CarPros
YeikCar Vehicles

Best GPS based Speedometer apps:
EcoDrive
SpeedView
Ulysse Speedometer

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:
@Vishnu

We did a TD of Amaze diesel today and liked almost everything about the car except the engine noise.

We want to check the fresh 2014 lot at the showroom for its engine noise as the TD vehicle was of the last year. So as per the developments it looks like we may join the IDTEC club !!

Top Bottom