Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Sell Car

Thread Starter #841
I have done 10,000 KMS on My Amaze SMT I-Dtech and she is due for her third service. Had some problems in the beginning but constant followup with the service station solved most of it.
I have been driving a diesel car for almost 7 years now (Fiat Petra 1.9 D and Innova) and what bothers me the most is the quality of the diesel fuel available at the filling stations. I tried to narrow down to a few reputed filling stations who would give a good quality diesel but the quality never remains constant. Even the most reputed station would pour really bad quality diesel 1 out of every 5 times at an average. You can easily feel from the sound of the engine that somthign wrong has entered the chamber. It is really really bad for the injectors of the car. I recently spent a wooping 30K rupees on my innova for some problem in the injectors caused due to bad diesel.
The Question: What is your opinion about using some diesel additives in Amaze which claim to clean the diesel and keep the injectors in good shape. Some examples could be System-D or the Abro Diesel Fuel Treatment

Well, during the testing of i-dtec engine Honda were claiming that they have tested the worst fuel available in India and the engine is OK with it. "This engine is specially designed for India and it will don't cause any problem". This is what they were claiming. Though i don't know to which extent.

System-D is good to my opinion. Rather check with the svc just before you go for any injectors

Well, during the testing of i-dtec engine Honda were claiming that they have tested the worst fuel available in India and the engine is OK with it. "This engine is specially designed for India and it will don't cause any problem". This is what they were claiming. Though i don't know to which extent.

System-D is good to my opinion. Rather check with the svc just before you go for any injectors
It is really good if they have already done that.. but as you say '...don't know to which extent'.

I once spoke to a service engineer at Automax Honda delhi, and he claimed that Amaze diesel could withstand worst quality of diesel and would never give black smoke. Exactly a week after that, my brother(who was following me in his car on the way back from ofc) stopped me mid way to inform me that the car was emitting black when I accelerated the car. After that I could notice the black smoke even in my rear view mirror. but after a while it stopped. A few days after that I took the car to SVC for a check up and they did a scan.. no problems found!!

This incident makes me think, do I need to add a diesel additive that cleans the fuels and improves the life of the engine as a whole. And yes.. I am only talking about the additives to fuel.. no plans of doing any mods to the engine or injectors at any cost

Took delivery of my AMAZE SXMT iDtech carnelian red pearl 1 week back..

only bad thing is it came with JK tyres [anger]

Yesterday while in traffic,a biker hit the back of car,it received few minor scrathes,is there any way to cover them ??

Yesterday while in traffic,a biker hit the back of car,it received few minor scrathes,is there any way to cover them ??
How much is on road price? Any freebies you got?

Here in tirupathi.,Andhra Pradesh,

on road is 8.32L,Got 5000 discount along with floor mats and body cover and 10 litres diesel[:)]

so finally 8.27L with freebies

Last edited:

If you have some minor scratches, try these and see if it makes sense. I have never used it but I feel they could be handy to keep your car looking good. Share your feedback if you use any of these

Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

Aeroaids Corporation - Com-Paint Touchup Spray Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint Manufacturers

Last edited:
If you have some minor scratches, try these and see if it makes sense. I have never used it but I feel they could be handy to keep your car looking good. Share your feedback if you use any of these...........
No, don't suggest it for those who never used spray cans before. Pen kit can be used if color for your is available but carnelian red pearl isn't.

As of touchup spray, First its very difficult to use spray cans, second its not meant for fixing scratches and third color mismatch. They say you can fix scratches but you gotta be a painting expert.

I had bought value pack kit and wasted money.

@akish4u, if scratches really matter for you then get it fixed on your next car service or do as suggested by Dr MUDHAN in his thread here (Post #249). Doing our self won't be 100% perfect but not bad either and its very cheap. Service centers also do same thing if you want just a touch up but if the scratches are heavy, you might need repainting on that area.

Later I used the com-paints touchup spray with painting brush instead of directly spraying to the car body and archived same thing as Dr MUDHAN. Next month I'm gonna polish and wax the touchup area. [:)]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #851
When i switched on the A/C some sounds comes like gas is travelling in the pipes. Is this common with every Amaze diesel car??????
No, i haven't got any kind of A/C issues till now. Contact ASS immediately.
It is really good if they have already done that.. but as you say '...don't know to which extent'.

I once spoke to a service engineer at Automax Honda delhi, and he claimed that Amaze diesel could withstand worst quality of diesel and would never give black smoke. Exactly a week after that, my brother(who was following me in his car on the way back from ofc) stopped me mid way to inform me that the car was emitting black when I accelerated the car. After that I could notice the black smoke even in my rear view mirror. but after a while it stopped. A few days after that I took the car to SVC for a check up and they did a scan.. no problems found!!

This incident makes me think, do I need to add a diesel additive that cleans the fuels and improves the life of the engine as a whole. And yes.. I am only talking about the additives to fuel.. no plans of doing any mods to the engine or injectors at any cost
Black smoke in diesel is just an imbalance in the air to fuel ratio - too much fuel to not enough air. This means either too much fuel is being added to the mix or there's not enough oxygen being supplied to burn the fuel.

This is quite common in all diesel cars and it comes if your accelerate suddenly.

But the bad point is that bad fuel also causes black smoke. [frustration] So you have to figure out what exactly is making the problem. Either hard acceleration or altered fuel .

Try Scratch Out Rubbing Compound. Works very well is the paint is not chipped too much.

Got 5000 discount along with floor mats and body cover and 10 litres diesel

so finally 8.27L with freebies
My freebies was just a box of chocolates [frustration]

Any idea about howmuch ASS charge for touchup/painting??
Lemme ask, is it that bad ? Touching up for small scratches will be foolish. What if someone again hits you at the back ? will you do the repaint again ? I Had the same problem after a touch up and now am running with those scratches since i understood it would be again utter foolishness to spend another amount for the touch up [frustration]

I didn't get any of these accessories while I bought Amaze. Can you upload some pictures of the list of accessories the showroom offered you ? Because whenever I ask the Service executive he always repeats the same useless accessories.

And BTW with suspension, For my ride i felt to have the rear suspension a little on the softer side, of course the 2013 model it is. May be they have stiffen for better handling[evil]
Vishnu , I asked the sales guys down in the garage where they sell spare parts. Almost all accessories i managed to have including reverse camera / sensor Mirror are available. Some items that are not in stock, they will order it & get you. I did my 1st service last week & confirming it for you. And you had a question about if i removed the mudguard while adding skirting. When they said we can't attach original mud flaps with skirting, i too doubted. But i was sure if i put it , it will hit all bumps. But just to clear up ur question, plz check this pics here with spoilers & skirtings...The Amazing New Honda Amaze is Here! - The Auto Spy

Meanwhile , I had a glimpse of the New Honda Amaze Ann. Editions. I couldn't take any side pics or a good pic from back. Here are some pics.

IMHO , its looks good. Seats are well cushioned & soft. I think its a worth upgrade. Wooden panel is not up to the standards, looks too plasticky, The same type of seat cover was available in store now of Rs.9500 which is very good quality & seems very durable & have some sponge in it. But it won't be a replacement for the new seats which are really good. I checked some seat covers @ some car accessories stores in TVM. In comparison, Honda Amaze's new seat cover from Honda looks much better & durable & it also have an emblem "AMAZE" as you can see in the pic @ front seat. So i might purchase them soon if in stock.
Bit busy, have a nice day guys. Hope these info will help new buyers.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
And u had a question about if i removed the mudguard while adding skirting. When they said we can't attach original mud flaps with skirting, i too doubted. But i was sre if i put it , it will hit all bumps.
You can go for rubber type mud flaps like this, you can see such in trucks but you need smaller one which suits for your vehicle. It may not look good but its serves best. No worries about hitting bumps.

And thanks for sharing snapshots of limited edition amaze. I have noticed front skirting not attached correcting to the original bumper as there is some gap in the corners. Why is that? Is it normal or they have not fixed yet? Rear looks ok.

Interiors are great, just that wooden finish color isn't suitable. Teakwood color would be better then rose wood. Like in Honda City 10th anniversary edition. [:)]

Btw; the dark red color amaze, is it yours? Looks very good.

Thanks again...
Best Regards

Last edited:
Thread Starter #854
Vishnu , I asked the sales guys down in the garage where they sell spare parts. Almost all accessories i managed to have including reverse camera/sensor Mirror are available. Some items that are not in stock, they will order it & get you. I did my 1st service last week & confirming it for u. And u had a question about if i removed the mudguard while adding skirting. When they said we can't attach original mud flaps with skirting, i too doubted. But i was sre if i put it , it will hit all bumps. But just to clear up ur question, plz check this pics here with spoilers & skirtings...The Amazing New Honda Amaze is Here! - The Auto Spy

Mean while , I had a glimpse of the New Honda Amaze Ann. Editions. I couldn't take any side pics or a good pic from back. Here are some pics.....
IMHO , its looks good. Seats are well cushioned & soft. I think its a worth upgrade. Wooden panel is not up to the standards, looks too plasticky, The same type of seat cover was available in store now of Rs.9500 which is very good quality & seems very durable & have some sponge in it. But it won't be a replacement for the new seats which are really good. I checked some seat covers @ some car accessories stores in TVM. In comparison, Honda Amaze's new seat cover from Honda looks much better & durable & it also have an emblem "AMAZE" as u can see in the pic @ front seat. So i might purchase them soon if in stock.
Bit busy, have a nice day guys. Hope these info will help new buyers.
Is there a change in the seats or just a cushiony seat cover is it ? IMO the skirt looks out of place in the white car. The gaps between the bumber and the extended kit is an eyesore. And the all Beige seat cover would be too hard to maintain.

You can go for rubber type mud flaps like this, you can see such in trucks but you need smaller one which suits for your vehicle. It may not look good but its serves best. No worries about hitting bumps.

And thanks for sharing snapshots of limited edition amaze. I have noticed front skirting not attached correcting to the original bumper as there is some gap in the corners. Why is that? Is it normal or they have not fixed yet? Rear looks ok.

Interiors are great, just that wooden finish color isn't suitable. Teakwood color would be better then rose wood. Like in Honda City 10th anniversary edition. [:)]

Btw; the dark red color amaze, is it yours? Looks very good.

Thanks again...
Best Regards
Mud flap is not needed while you upgrade to skirting. I liked your suggestion of rubber ones but problem is we have to drill new holes.
I totally agree with your views on new edition. yes you are right there is a gap. I found out the fault. Please see my reply to Vishnu. And yes the red one is mine )

Is there a change in the seats or just a cushiony seat cover is it ? IMO the skirt looks out of place in the white car. The gaps between the bumper and the extended kit is an eyesore. And the all Beige seat cover would be too hard to maintain.
Vishnu new seats are puffy , bit more rounded & cushioned. Its not just new cover i believe. I didn't get time to sit on it.But i felt it with hands & it was really soft padded. If you compare these pics with what i have posted , you can see the difference. I believe its too good for long drives. And seat cover is good quality & it seems washable or kept clean & it is slightly dark that the original seat you see here. that is how i remember it. I couldn't take a pic. But i have almost decided to buy it.Before making a final decision i wanna just chek these guys this week

https://www.facebook.com/ExtraPalaceCarAccessoriesShop

And a word of caution for all who go for seat / seat cover upgrade. I saw & sat sat in a Honda Amaze wich came for service. I was just chatting with the owner & he said he did seat upholstery. I said i want to check it. It was nicely done. The finish was black & orange. Mostly black & orange. Though it looks good & good to sit too ,it lost the shape of the original seat. And never ever go for black color for your seat as it looks some one suddenly ate all the space you felt in back seat as well as inside of the car.

Please check the attached pic to see about gap & what seems misaligned with the spoiler of Demo car & my fined car. TC guys G'nite.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom