Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Hi guys

i took my diesel Amaze for 20k Paid service at Ring Road Honda.
The service advisor has insisted that the brake pads and the rotor discs would need to be changed when you come for 30k service.
My alto didnt had any rotor change till 80k kms.
wonder why they are doing it right now and so early.

Vishnu how has been your rotors performing after the change.
do you think they will last 50k kms.

Thread Starter #889
@Vishnu

We did a TD of Amaze diesel today and liked almost everything about the car except the engine noise.

We want to check the fresh 2014 lot at the showroom for its engine noise as the TD vehicle was of the last year. So as per the developments it looks like we may join the IDTEC club !!
Give it a thorough Test drive[:)]
you still cant beat me, im at 30k on my brio
Well, as like deville_56 said, give me some time[evil]

Hi guys

i took my diesel Amaze for 20k Paid service at Ring Road Honda.
The service advisor has insisted that the brake pads and the rotor discs would need to be changed when you come for 30k service.
My alto didnt had any rotor change till 80k kms.
wonder why they are doing it right now and so early.

Vishnu how has been your rotors performing after the change.
do you think they will last 50k kms.
While i done my brake pads changed, they've polished the rotors. It is because rotors are getting lines frequently. Some kind off cost cutting went wrong. I've asked them for a warranty change of rotors if the problem still persist and i might go for that.

You can raise a complaint if they're forcing you to change it on your cash. Brake pads are not covered under warranty . But i think you can claim rotors since it has gave off prematurely .

Has anyone upgraded stock headlamps? I feel they are useless on highways. What are your thoughts? I was planning to change to 55/60w osrsm NB+ or Philips XV as they offer 50℅ more light without addition of relay. But I have heard that they are worse than stock in rain or fog. So now I am thinking to go for 90/100w with relay.
Wanted to know does it affect the headlamp casing as some people say that the headlamp casing color might fade or turn to yellowish after some time. Need some advise from experts as planning highway trip soon.

Thanks
Rohit

Last edited:
Has anyone upgraded stock headlamps? I feel they are useless on highways. What are your thoughts? I was planning to change to 55/60w osrsm NB+ or Philips XV as they offer 50℅ more light without addition of relay. But I have heard that they are worse than stock in rain or fog. So now I am thinking to go for 90/100w with relay.
Wanted to know does it affect the headlamp casing as some people say that the headlamp casing color might fade or turn to yellowish after some time. Need some advise from experts as planning highway trip soon.

Thanks
Rohit
I had thought of upgrading to the 90/100w with relay but as suggested by the SVC and some more friends, I decided to drop the plan due to :
1. Due to excessive heat generated by the 90/100w bulbs, the reflectors may loose their qualities with time
2. Altering the wiring for adding the relay may invite nullification of warranty [frustration]

Even I am very frequent on highways and usually I have to drive during late hours so it is very important for me to upgrade the headlamps. I have finally decided to give Philips XV a try as I feel it can't be worse that the stock headlamps. In fact I will be getting the Philips XV for my Amaze today itself as I have to drive on a highway Friday evening.

The following review helped me make my mind for the Philips XV
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-new-honda-city-white-albus-4.html#post332522

I had thought upgrading to the 90/100w with relay but as suggested by the SVC and some more friends, I decided to drop the plan due to :
1. Due to excessive heat generated by the 90/100w bulbs, the reflectors may loose their qualities with time
Exactly why I am not sure if I should go for 90/100.

2. Altering the wiring for adding the relay may invite nullification of warranty [frustration]
Using a relay should not affect warranty I believe. But not sure.

Even I am very frequent on highways and usually I have to drive during late hours so it is very important for me to upgrade the headlamps. I have finally decided to give Philips XV a try as I feel it can't be worse that the stock headlamps. In fact I will be getting the Philips XV for my Amaze today itself as I have to drive on a highway Friday evening.
It would be helpful if you can post some pics comparing stock vs XV. From where did you order XV? and what price?

Thanks for this

Exactly why I am not sure if I should go for 90/100.

Using a relay should not affect warranty I believe. But not sure.

It would be helpful if you can post some pics comparing stock vs XV. From where did you order XV? and what price?

Thanks for this
I have 100/90 osram bulbs with Philips relay, and the light throw is awesome.
On hi-ways, even in dim lit areas i have no issues with visibility.

Its very important for me, as i travel almost 2k kms every month on cities/hi-ways.

Note: Having relay with 100/90W bulbs will NOT affect warranty.you can always switch the stock OE bulbs (takes 5 mins) in case you want to claim warranty

Ramu

I have 100/90 osram bulbs with Philips relay, and the light throw is awesome.
On hi-ways, even in dim lit areas i have no issues with visibility.

Its very important for me, as i travel almost 2k kms every month on cities/hi-ways.

Note: Having relay with 100/90W bulbs will NOT affect warranty.you can always switch the stock OE bulbs (takes 5 mins) in case you want to claim warranty

Ramu
Thanks Ramu. I thought the same about warranty. So warranty is out of the way. Just couple of questions:

1. Any issues with cops till now as I have heard that 90/100 are not legal.

2. Do you see any issues/drawbacks because of the excessive heat generated? And how long have you been using them?

Thanks Ramu. I thought the same about warranty. So warranty is out of the way. Just couple of questions:

1. Any issues with cops till now as I have heard that 90/100 are not legal.

No issues. Get headlight focused for correct spread.
Anyway i dip my lights when i see cop
[evil]

2. Do you see any issues/drawbacks because of the excessive heat generated? And how long have you been using them?
Till now, have NOT exp dome/reflector melting. I use hi beam only in some places which have no lights and to irritate call center drivers. I flash hi beams about 20 times a day tho, to overtake [evil]

I dont remove the setup even when i give to service center, as i do it during day

Ramu

Top Bottom