Korando - The New SUV from M&M.

Sell Car

I don't think so, if Indian can do such a fabulous job (Ramkripa Ananthan designer of XUV500) then why do you need someone else to do it for you ?
XUV design is also bogus. Looks like a woman has done make-up of 5 kg on her face [lol]. The best looking UV from M & M till date is the new scorpio. I liked its looks more than XUV.

XUV reminds me of my college days where some boys used to modify their CBZs & pulsar bikes to make it look like CBR 1000 or Hayabusa [lol].

Guys, have a look at the new Rexton -

rex1.jpg
rex2.jpg

{Pics source : Indianautosblog}

154bhp of peak power and 367Nm of peak torque.
A bi-turbo version of this engine is in the works which produces up to 200bhp/500Nm.
5-speed automatic transmission.
Projector headlights with LED light guide
18-inch alloy wheels
ESP (Electronic Stability Program)
ARP (Active Roll over Protection)
TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)
UWS (Ultrasonic Warning System)
Smart key
Cruise control
Bluetooth connectivity
Rain-sensing wipers

I think the facelift is superb.

This looks like a proper SUV and not a softroader. I love the way the headlights and tail lights are designed and even the rear glass looks uber cool.

Also impressive is the way 'Rexton' is inscribed on the hatch. This SUV looks classy.

Mahindra to Launch SsangYong Korando SUV in India

India's leading utility vehicle maker, Mahindra & Mahindra that launched the premium SUV Rexton in India in October 2012, from the stables of its South Korean company SsangYong, has been reportedly studying the market to launch the yet another SsangYong SUV, Korando in India. After seeing the initial success of the Rexton, the company is now looking for an appropriate time to launch the Korando SUV.

Attachments

Side profile is almost like Captiva, front.. I don't know, but doesn't look imposing like XUV. and also A car in this range require projector set up.. I hope Mahindra will do that.. off lately whatever Mahindra is doing is getting extremely positive response, they surely know the pulse of Indian consumer.

:offtopic: - Do you guys think its a best time buy some Mahindra share?

XUV design is also bogus. Looks like a woman has done make-up of 5 kg on her face [lol]. The best looking UV from M & M till date is the new scorpio. I liked its looks more than XUV.
l].
After the recent tie up with the Korean car maker, SsangYong, M&M might release the former's well-known Korando in India. The name Korando is a contraction of "Korea Can Do".

Specs :

Engine : 2.0L Turbo Diesel

Power : 173 bhp

Torque : 367nm at 2000-3000rpm

Wheelbase : 2650mm

Tyres : 225/60 R17

Price : Might be priced between the Scorpio and the W201. Approx 15L.
]
@sclass +1000 , also it is claustrophobic, and they should have labelled the xuv as Indcantdo'.
Rather than bringing korando to India the y should have improved the present design and incorporated the korando specifications in it.

Spied – Ssangyong Korando facelift caught testing in Korea

The Ssangyong Korando C is one of the modern looking products in the South Korean carmaker’s portfolio.

However, the Korando C has reached the mid-point of its life, thus demanding a facelift.

The compact 5 seater SUV gets a comprehensively revised front fascia while the rest of the car remains largely unchanged.

The shape of the headlamps are slightly different and the elements are all new. HID lamps and LED daytime running lights get the SUV in line with the current automotive trend. The bumper is new but the rest of the front fascia is hidden beneath a thick camouflage.

No changes to the profile, and the rear too continues as it is save for the taillights which are likely to get re-profiled elements. The interior is also expected to undergo subtle revisions. Overall, it is a typical mid-life refresh.

The 2.0 litre petrol and diesel engines are expected to continue untouched. The petrol motor is good for 149PS while the diesel engine comes in two states of tune – 149PS and 175PS. A six-speed manual or automatic are the transmission options.

Mahindra is reportedly studying the Indian market for the Ssanyong Korando C. The SUV could be the second Ssangyong to hit the Indian market, but it would be challenging for Mahindra to price it at a premium over the XUV500 which offers more space and equipment.

Ssangyong Korando C facelift caught testing in Korea

Attachments

This Kornado is one sweet looking SUV , one can spot them a lot in Australia . Mahindra must bring it here at the earliest .

I hope M & M launch Korondo in India after Ford Ecosport.If they had launched Korondo before Ecosport,it would have been a hit.I think they will study Ecosport perfomance,price and then will launch it India before dassera -13

I hope Korondo is not overprized.I think it can take the spot between Zylo and xuv500.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope M & M launch Korondo in India after Ford Ecosport.If they had launched Korondo before Ecosport,it would have been a hit.I think they will study Ecosport perfomance,price and then will launch it India before dassera -13

I hope Korondo is not overprized.I think it can take the spot between Zylo and xuv500.
Kornado is small buddy but not as small as the ES it is more like the duster .

ford ecosport has been launched in India at a price starting 5.59 lakhs.I think Korondo will be in13 lakh+ range.

Top Bottom