Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Thread Starter #901
My 30k photo coming up, shortly ;)
Pleasure[:)]

woah! that was fast,our small pack car [800] is still 26800 in 9 years
Even my Dad's Alto has doe 40000 kms in 13 years !! :D

Vishnu

All set to take the delivery of Amaze silver diesel EMT today for my BIL. Any specific things to look for OR to check.
Check the VIN number. Give a thorough walk around the car. Check for any scratches or any marks on the car. If you find anything suspicious get it sorted out before the car rolls out[cheers]

Envy you. My Brio is 14 months old and ran 9.5k kms.
That is not bad indeed[clap]

Has anyone upgraded stock headlamps? I feel they are useless on highways. What are your thoughts? I was planning to change to 55/60w osrsm NB+ or Philips XV as they offer 50℅ more light without addition of relay. But I have heard that they are worse than stock in rain or fog. So now I am thinking to go for 90/100w with relay.
Wanted to know does it affect the headlamp casing as some people say that the headlamp casing color might fade or turn to yellowish after some time. Need some advise from experts as planning highway trip soon.

Thanks
Rohit
I had the same situation. I got my car on May end and from day 1 I was feeling the bulbs are of no use. My dad's 10 year old Santro has better light spread. I checked its bulb which is a Korean made Philips, whereas my Amaze came with Halonix ones. Last week I got a pair of Philips XV for 600/- each. It does feels much better than the stock ones.
Havn't had any heavy rain since then but as the light is not so white and still on the yellowish side, I guess it should do decent job in rains.

The dimmer is more whitish than the bright, as the blue band on the bulb is only on the dimmer part of filament. Its surely worth an upgrade and no need for any relays as it has same power rating as the stock ones. Osram NB+ is more whitish and looks cool but has much less life span, so went with the XV, even if both are legal as per our laws.

Thread Starter #906
I had the same situation. I got my car on May end and from day 1 I was feeling the bulbs are of no use. My dad's 10 year old Santro has better light spread. I checked its bulb which is a Korean made Philips, whereas my Amaze came with Halonix ones. Last week I got a pair of Philips XV for 600/- each. It does feels much better than the stock ones.
Havn't had any heavy rain since then but as the light is not so white and still on the yellowish side, I guess it should do decent job in rains.

The dimmer is more whitish than the bright, as the blue band on the bulb is only on the dimmer part of filament. Its surely worth an upgrade and no need for any relays as it has same power rating as the stock ones. Osram NB+ is more whitish and looks cool but has much less life span, so went with the XV, even if both are legal as per our laws.
Sticking with yellowish shades are much better when in rain and fog. I might upgrade with 100/90 w bulbs.

yes, she's getting new shoes[;)]
Please provide more info sir. By shoes, do you mean tyres, alloys or both?

Its been long time since you showed some snaps of boxes, now let us see how your car looks after fitting. Or have you imported them from outside and waiting for em? [lol]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Thread Starter #909
Please provide more info sir. By shoes, do you mean tyres, alloys or both?

Its been long time since you showed some snaps of boxes, now let us see how your car looks after fitting. Or have you imported them from outside and waiting for em? [lol]

Thanks...
Best Regards

Will upload the pic tomorrow[:D]

Thread Starter #911
Alloys Upgraded

Was being long time thinking of an alloy upgrade fro my Amaze and finally it's been done.

Alloys : Lenso Raiden Project D Spec E 15 x 7j
Tyres : Falken ZIEX ZE 912 205-50-15

Tyres being loaded

DSC07166.JPG

DSC07167.JPG

Stock OEM 14" alloys

DSC07168.JPG

Aftermarket Wheel Nuts

DSC07169.JPG

Allen key nut for removing the wheel nuts.

DSC07170.JPG

First glimpse of look with the alloys loaded[:D]

DSC07172.JPG

Removing the rear mudguard .

DSC07177.JPG

DSC07176.JPG

Difference

DSC07178.JPG

It is a single piece covering the whole area so cutting off was the only option left.

DSC07179.JPG

I like I like:stupid:

DSC07180.JPG

DSC07181.JPG

Fixing back the mudguard

DSC07182.JPG

The change in looks :tongue:

DSC07184.JPG

Wurth Number plate holder and Speedex Number plates are being loaded .

DSC07185.JPG

DSC07186.JPG

DSC07187.JPG

DSC07188.JPG

The Final look

DSC07189.JPG

Re: Alloys Upgraded

Was being long time thinking of an alloy upgrade fro my Amaze and finally it's been done.

Alloys : Lenso Raiden Project D Spec E 15 x 7j
Tyres : Falken ZIEX ZE 912 205-50-15

Tyres being loaded

View attachment 140207

View attachment 140208

Stock OEM 14" alloys

View attachment 140209

Aftermarket Wheel Nuts

View attachment 140210

Allen key nut for removing the wheel nuts.

View attachment 140211

First glimpse of look with the alloys loaded[:D]

View attachment 140212

Removing the rear mudguard .

View attachment 140213

View attachment 140214

Difference

View attachment 140215

It is a single piece covering the whole area so cutting off was the only option left.

View attachment 140216

I like I like:stupid:

View attachment 140217

View attachment 140218

Fixing back the mudguard

View attachment 140219

The change in looks :tongue:

View attachment 140220

Wurth Number plate holder and Speedex Number plates are being loaded .

View attachment 140221

View attachment 140222

View attachment 140223

View attachment 140224

The Final look

View attachment 140225
Can you post the complete side profile of the car. I am still trying to imagine blue car with black alloys.
Have you upsized the tyres too ?? they look wider and better
What was the buyback on the stock alloys ?
And where to procure the number plate holder and at what cost ? The text on your number plate is lower than it should be after installing the holder. ( observe from a little distance ) . See if you can correct this .

Last edited:
Thanks Vishnu for your modding tutorials. Did the front grill mod on my new Amaze and pretty happy with the results. [:D]
Followed the same steps and used M Seal to fix it along with black small single wire at center for additional support.
Also got set of alloys( Star racing wheels). Dont know if the brand is good.
Attaching pics.

Attachments

Top Bottom