Union Budget 2012: Everything About its Impact on Auto Sector

Re: Government Raises Tax Upto 25% For Diesel Cars

IMO the Govt is really not favoring the Common Man :)
Govt is hiking petrol prices every month (kind of). It was in 40's 3 years back. Now 70???[surprise] So people turn into diesel cars, hoping to reduce the running cost.
Now, incrementing the price of diesel cars, they are torturing the so called 'common Man'.

Govt is hiking petrol prices every month (kind of). It was in 40's 3 years back. Now 70???[surprise] So people turn into diesel cars, hoping to reduce the running cost.
Now, incrementing the price of diesel cars, they are torturing the so called 'common Man'.

Very Right Said....[frustration]

Govt should stop using "SUV/MPV" (Diesesl) by their Ministers & Leader's first.U may see mostly Diesel SUV been used by leaders during State Elections.Unnecessary using "Choppers/Hali copter" (to Save ATF) to be stop....Govt Must cut it's own expenses first before puttion all loss burdon over "Common man"

Last edited:

Only 4 days to go for Union Budget 2012 Dealers are taking full advantage of this rumor. most 'C & B Sement Diesels Cars" in wait list now. sell in Feb 2012 was outstanding for many car co. also because of this excise (12%) on diesel car rumor

Last edited by a moderator:

IMO, govt should levy more duties on luxury cars, low mileage cars and small cars.

Why not they tax all luxury cars like the bmws, audis, mercs, land rover, fortuners etc. Which consumes more diesels than other fuel efficient cars like swift, indica, dzire, manza, polo, vento, verna etc. Moreover they should increase tax on taxi segment cars the ones with yellow plates IMO. They too consume more fuel even of they are fuel efficient because their running is almost more than double from a common man's diesel car running.
What say ppl?[roll]

Last edited by a moderator:

Only 4 days to go for Union Budget 2012 Dealers are taking full advantage of this rumor...most 'C & B Segment Diesels Cars" in wait list now....sell in Feb 2012 was outstanding for many car co. also bcz of this excise (12%) on diesel car rumor.
Even if you booked the vehicle , a diesel that is, they wont be in a position to deliver before the budget. I am pretty sure I wont be getting my swift ( Dec 2011 booking ), same applies for Fiat & Tata.[anger] Don't know much about the other manufacturers. So in the end dealers are getting good deposits.[evil]

Why not they tax all luxury cars like the bmws, audis, mercs, land rover, fortuners etc... Which consumes more diesels than other fuel efficient cars like swift, indica, dzire, manza, polo, vento, verna etc... Moreover they should increase tax on taxi segment cars the ones with yellow plates IMO. They too consume more fuel even of they are fuel efficient because their running is almost more than double from a common man's diesel car running...
What say ppl?[roll]
I think tax should be based on FE & not PRICE.
The FE of Merc E 350 CDI is atleast 17 km/l on highways. The new hybrid tech is also being brought in by premier brands only & not by Marutis.

FE should be the criterion & not PRICE.

I think tax should be based on FE & not PRICE.
The FE of Merc E 350 CDI is atleast 17 km/l on highways. The new hybrid tech is also being brought in by premier brands only & not by Marutis.

FE should be the criterion & not PRICE.
:agree: this is the root cause for cars with more FE figures. And that's the reason swift is selling like hot cakes.

Moreover they should increase tax on taxi segment cars the ones with yellow plates IMO. They too consume more fuel even of they are fuel efficient because their running is almost more than double from a common man's diesel car running...
What say ppl?
These are used for commercial purposes and utility more than comfort to people.

Thread Starter #84

Why not they tax all luxury cars like the bmws, audis, mercs, land rover, fortuners etc... Which consumes more diesels than other fuel efficient cars like swift, indica, dzire, manza, polo, vento, verna etc... Moreover they should increase tax on taxi segment cars the ones with yellow plates IMO. They too consume more fuel even of they are fuel efficient because their running is almost more than double from a common man's diesel car running...
What say ppl?[roll]
see why should we SUV go to hell alone we will take you all with us [lol]

now about tax on yellow cars please they are more fuel efficient then us compare to same person driving sedan or SUV with low mileage alone

Guyz it was just my opinion. No personal targets to anyone. I have no hard feelings for any one on the forum using a SUV or any other luxury cars mentioned by me in the above post![roll] It was just IMO and sorry if it hurted anyone.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #86

Guyz it was just my opinion. No personal targets to anyone. I have no hard feelings for any one on the forum using a SUV or any other luxury cars mentioned by me in the above post![roll] It was just IMO and sorry if it hurted anyone.
i was just joking trying to pull your leg [lol].
its just discussion you have put your opinion and i have mine that's it no personal feeling hurt [;)]

Hopefully the MoF will take into account the recommendations of the Parliament committee on the tax rates/slabs for the salaried class. This if done will provide some relief depending on each one's tax bracket

i was just joking trying to pull your leg [lol].
its just discussion you have put your opinion and i have mine that's it no personal feeling hurt [;)]
Gears & mastersquall:

Buddies, I enjoyed these posts! Brings us all closer with such sporty quotes & responses!

For the topic: I think the govt should stop fooling the citizen of Indian, after all the ones in power now are also citizen of India so they are fooling themselves. pardon my language but these MachoMen are not focusing enough where they should!!

Hope the responsible people of the whole nation take some learning from the assembly elections in Goa (83% voted) and vote like never before to uproot the UPA from power. These are nothing but Bunch of idiots who are academically super talented. They are all great men of honor but good for nothing!

Moreover, I think we must have a trend like Tamilnadu if the others (NDA) fail to deliver during there tenure in PMO.

I could not find a post by Jalex on this [confused]. Could you please elaborate the views expressed.

Top Bottom