T-Rex is Here - Mahindra Ssangyong Rexton RX6

Congrats dhoom9, your SUV looks very elegant. Wish you many Happy miles!

The reverse camera seems very visible and there is always threat of theft. Is it easy to remove?
For my Terrano also, it is fitted around the same place with hardly 2 nuts. I wanted to check with Showroom guys if it was possible to install it in a secure way.

Recently, my friend bought XUV and for him also reverse camera was an additional accessory. But it is fitted very secure just like the reverse sensors.

A small request, try to remove those ribbons of the hood of your machine.With rains and water cleanings, it would make impression on the hood which at times gets difficult to clean up.

Thread Starter #33
Congrats dhoom9, your SUV looks very elegant. Wish you many Happy miles!

The reverse camera seems very visible and there is always threat of theft. Is it easy to remove?
For my Terrano also, it is fitted around the same place with hardly 2 nuts. I wanted to check with Showroom guys if it was possible to install it in a secure way.

Recently, my friend bought XUV and for him also reverse camera was an additional accessory. But it is fitted very secure just like the reverse sensors.
Thanks @srinibr. Reverse Camera is aftermarket fit though done by ASS. It is secure as it is fitted from inside, but appear prone to injury if attempted by sick minded person.

A small request, try to remove those ribbons of the hood of your machine.With rains and water cleanings, it would make impression on the hood which at times gets difficult to clean up.
Thanks for suggestion. Actually planned to keep till number plate fitting, but will ask to remove today now.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #35
Hey Dhoom9, how about some more accessories for your ride?(I meant led rear lights, etc.)
Rexton has OEM LED lights in front & rear - they are parking but not DRL.

Next mods in waiting are
* Transparent plastic floor mats
* TPMS
* P255/60 R18 alloy wheels & tyres. In UK / SA, higher up models are equipped with 18" alloys & TPMS. I hope they will be available as addons in India.
* 10-12" 2.35:1 non-reflective screen in roof for movie playback (At present using7"" tablet & 15.6" laptop).
* Chiller function in storage bin between front seats (rear ac vents are just behind storage bin, so thinking about any possible modification). (car freezer/warmer in boot is last option).
* HID Xenon headlights (however very much satisfied with stock headlights)
* Very light windows sun film (will check with 3M store)

I am following various DIY & mod posts, & will discuss them with Mahindra ASS Mr. Prakash, & let's see practicality.

Last edited:
Next mods in waiting are
* P255/60 R18 alloy wheels & tyres. In UK / SA, higher up models are equipped with 18" alloys & TPMS. I hope they will be available as addons in India.
You must be patient on this modification. We have 18'' on our Land cruiser. It will not add any merits on Indian roads. Fortuner with a wide tyre gives bumpy ride on patchy roads (my experience). Investigate ride comfort before this modification.

Thread Starter #37
You must be patient on this modification. We have 18'' on our Land cruiser. It will not add any merits on Indian roads. Fortuner with a wide tyre gives bumpy ride on patchy roads (my experience). Investigate ride comfort before this modification.
I like big wheels so this was the mod in plan. I became little hesitant when I read that 235 tyres are better when to indulge in mud or snow (mild to moderate condition - Lahual-Spiti is top on my next holiday plan) then 265 wider tyres, & so this mod was in coffin. You put nail on that coffin. Thanks for the suggestion. May be I will think about it at next tyre change.

Rexton has OEM LED lights in front & rear - they are parking but not DRL.

Next mods in waiting are
* Transparent plastic floor mats
* TPMS
* 10-12" 2.35:1 non-reflective screen in roof for movie playback (At present using7"" tablet & 15.6" laptop).
* Chiller function in storage bin between front seats (rear ac vents are just behind storage bin, so thinking about any possible modification). (car freezer/warmer in boot is last option).
* HID Xenon headlights (however very much satisfied with stock headlights)
* Very light windows sun film (will check with 3M store)

I am following various DIY & mod posts, & will discuss them with Mahindra ASS Mr. Prakash, & let's see practicality.
dude, your rexton looks stunning...
All mods in that mod-list are good mods, especially the alloy wheels and bigger tyres.They must be, otherwise you will need to import. Otherwise there will be many more aftermarket wheels that you can opt for which will really look good.

Just came across this thread. I'm a massive fan of the Rexton. The pics you have shared are beyond awesome!

There's a Rexton parked just outside my office lobby. The car looks very majestic and is the only reason why my very ordinary looking office building looks interesting. [:)]

Hi, I also have Rexton, RX7. The car is good, performance is very good, up to 200 km/h easily. Now around 7000 km on the clock, in 10 weeks time. Little bit a problem is, that the leather (beige) get dirty very fast and leather quality is not up the market. Now coming to the problems I have. I don´t know where it is coming from either AT or some Sensor is giving wrong signal, after sometime of driving, the speed is not going beyond 120 km/h. but the paddle on the ground floor, just shortly before 4000 rpm, no shifting of the gearbox. Right now car is with the dealer, trying to replicate the failure. But it is not coming permanently. So lets see what is the outcome. Lot of failure codes are coming from the ECU.
But, this car is wonderful. On-Road and Off-Road. And it makes more fun, when you switch of the ESP.

Thread Starter #42
Hi, I also have Rexton, RX7. The car is good, performance is very good, up to 200 km/h easily. Now around 7000 km on the clock, in 10 weeks time. Little bit a problem is, that the leather (beige) get dirty very fast and leather quality is not up the market. Now coming to the problems I have. I don´t know where it is coming from either AT or some Sensor is giving wrong signal, after sometime of driving, the speed is not going beyond 120 km/h. but the paddle on the ground floor, just shortly before 4000 rpm, no shifting of the gearbox. Right now car is with the dealer, trying to replicate the failure. But it is not coming permanently. So lets see what is the outcome. Lot of failure codes are coming from the ECU.
But, this car is wonderful. On-Road and Off-Road. And it makes more fun, when you switch of the ESP.
Welcome to TAI & TAI Rexton Club [:)].

Do post your buying decision, dealer experience & initial ownership review, that will help others a lot thinking to buy Rexton.

Beige interior appear classic but smallest dirt make it appear unclean. I can't think about reason for speed problem, as I can easily speed >120kmph on highway. Please post the reason as you come to know.

Have plenty happy & safe miles to drive with Rexton.

Hi, I also have Rexton, RX7. The car is good, performance is very good, up to 200 km/h easily. Now around 7000 km on the clock, in 10 weeks time. Little bit a problem is, that the leather (beige) get dirty very fast and leather quality is not up the market.
Welcome to TAI & TAI Rexton Club.

Do post your buying decision, dealer experience & initial ownership review, that will help others a lot thinking to buy Rexton.

Have plenty happy & safe miles to drive with Rexton.
Wow, Rextons are growing. Nice to have the term TAI Rexton Club.

Welcome rosinj. We too expect your buying experience.

Possibly TAI Fortuner or TAI XUV 500 group can reach two digit in SUV group [:)].

Whether & when we (TAI Rexton, TAI Pajero Sport, TAI SantaFE) will be able to reach magic two digit number or not is difficult to say. [confused]
You said it! I dont think there is a Santa Fe in the forum yet though, but we are a growing tribe , cheers!

Top Bottom