Renault Kwid Now Launched @ Rs.2.56 Lakh

Re: Renault To Launch Sub-4 Lakh India Specific Car

The car is a looker. Finally we get a stylish looking car under 4 lakhs. If priced right, it will eat up considerable amount of Alto numbers and my hands are itching to replace it for my Alto. Let's wait for pricing! And Airbag & 7" entertainment system is icing on the cake!

Mini duster is actually a plus point for this car. The looks were spot on. No ugly sides and well proportionate. Am looking for the amt version with all the bells and whistles. In exchange of my ageing Santro.

This will definitely create dent with Alto and Celerio sales if priced right.On second thoughts,why should they go for 800cc? Cant they get to near 1000 cc?Which will give more power ,so that you can put a bigger tyre in those huge wheel wells.[lol].The only concern will be service centres with Renault .Did they say anything about ABS and Airbags.I didnt see anything in the pictures.Interiors also look smart.

Last edited:

Anyone know when will the booking starts? And when it will reach showrooms?? Why is price not yet out?

Anyone know when will the booking starts? And when it will reach showrooms?? Why is price not yet out?

The launch is expected in the festive season - September ( as speculated) Can expect the car on display sometime around August.

This is just a Global unveiling of the KWID , just to keep on the hype.

Re: Renault Duster Review & Pictures

Today Renault India has introduced "KWID". Seems it is based on duster. Anyway the car looks good and the interior seems to be better than the duster.

BBA_MAJEUR_EXTER_HDRI_3-4_AV.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg
Hero-BBA_HDRI_MAJEUR_INTER_PDB_BVM.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg
Kwid-HERO-3072x1728.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

The price starts at 3Lakh, says NDTV
Renault Kwid Unveiled in India; Launch in Festive Season - News

Renault India's much-awaited small car (XBA), the Kwid, finally made its global debut in India today. The launch, however, will take place sometime during the festive season (September - November). To be launched at a starting price of Rs. 3 lakh, the Renault Kwid will rival Maruti Suzuki Alto 800, Hyundai Eon, 2015 Tata GenX Nano and others in the league.

"Mini Duster" identity is not a bad thing at all. In fact, I wonder if the claddings etc were a deliberate strategy to resemble the Duster, which has an established presence.

Over all Renault Kwid looks amazing considering its segment almoust looks like mini duster specialy in front view Renault did fantastic job in real words they almost invented a brand new segment in indian automobile world the segment may call Mini micro SUV [evil] but one thing i didnt like and its not a welocme move from renault is that tyres in Kwid looks almost weak in nature and the rim holds with only three bolts if we hardly try to drift the car in a acceptable speed they may have chance to break those wheel hubs

Bring it on Renault. Bring it as early as possible with an AMT transmission and treasure the success. The more the delay in launch, you lose more customers.

It is a 3-4 lac price bracket car. It cannot have any spec comparable to a Duster, save the 7in Media-Nav system. That one, I believe , is being used more as a USP for the segment in which it is offered.
But it sure looks like a baby Duster, as some have put it.

If this car comes in 3 - 4 lac price bracket then Renault has a winner here. I am pretty sure indians will love this look.

Car is looking very nice. Also at this price its vfm.
only issue I see is ASS, hence car will not be a hit like alto.

Top Bottom