Korando - The New SUV from M&M.

Yeah its a good SUV.I've seen it in The Hindu,Metro Wheels some time ago.
It may beat the Skoda Yeti,but to me it looks small.
However the design is very good and looks aggressive to me.If Mahindra prices it in a right way,it will be nice.[:)]

350Z

Core Team
Actually if we look on the other side of the coin, the compact dimensions of Korando can be a big bonus making it a fun to drive city SUV. But the entire problem is about pricing. Mahindra should not expect much if they plan to sell it too optimistically.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well i would say its exactly not as small as it looks but it lacks the bulky feel of the SUV. I am sure this must be bigger compared to the Yeti. Now i see this is equipped with all wheel disc brakes and ORVM'S has indicators. Where will Mahindra place this product?

350Z

Core Team
It is expected to compete with Skoda Yeti and the likes. All around disc brakes are not a surprise. Its primary competitors come equipped with them already.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
The Rexton and Korando will debut in 2011. Mahindra is keen on focusing on their own models presently and SsangYong SUVs will launch by middle next year. This has been now officially clarified.
"Some of SsangYong SUVs will come by middle of next year, after the 'XUV 500' which will come by December," Vivek Nayer, senior vice president, marketing, automotive division, Mahindra and Mahindra. (Courtesy: Economic Times)
Drive Safe,
350Z

The fourth largest South Korean based automaker SsangYong has recently revealed the 2012 Korando, which is coming with some interesting styling tweaks.

After a limited edition of the SsangYong Korando has been launched in the United Kingdom earlier this year, the Asian crossover is once again placed into the spotlights, this time with the car manufacturer revealing the 2012 version of the model. According to the company, the 2012 SsangYong Korando is adding a new entry-level turbo diesel engine, with a 2.0 liter displacement, which is developing a total output of 147 horsepower, being able to emit just 147 g/km of CO2 in the front-wheel drive and 157 g/km of CO2 for the all-wheel drive version.
Besides the 2.0 liter turbo diesel engine, the 2.0 liter gasoline unit has also been updated and the powerplant is emitting 175 g/km of CO2 in the front-wheel drive version with a manual transmission and 192 g/km of CO2 in the all-wheel drive version with the same gearbox. SsangYong didn’t say anything more about this engine yet and even if the “new” Korando has been revealed, extra details on it, like performance, price or trims, will be announced close to its launch this summer in Europe.

Source:
2012 SsangYong Korando revealed

It doesn't look small. Big enough and I think it will be pretty spacious, the design seems really good and if priced correctly near Yeti's territory Mahindra has a winner in it's hand

What could be Mahindra's strategy are they going to brand it as Mahindra or an unknown brand called Ssangyong?
even I have the same question in mind but according to rumors it will be launched in India as Ssangyongs and will be available in selected Mahindra dealers.

Guess they should stick to Mahindra branding,Cos to establish a new brand is a very expensive affair.
By branding it as Mahindra they will have a ready loyal Mahindra Fan base lining up to buy these product's.

Top Bottom