ICE For Toyota Etios

Thread Starter #61
Hi Guys,

Just tried my hands with changing the backgrounds in my Pioneer 2390 DVD. Works like a charm, though resolution is not fascinating but is quite good.

Here is a step by step pictorial guide for fellow users :

1. Insert the media containing the wallpapers. It can be on a CD or a USB stick.
pendrive.jpg

2. The slide show starts. Pause the slide show on the desired image.
2011-11-05 14.31.53.jpg

3. Press CAPTURE at the bottom menu bar.
2011-11-05 14.32.09.jpg

4. You get a pop-up saying "Do You Save this image?". Press YES.
2011-11-05 14.32.25.jpg

5. You get a message "Saving the image. Dont switch off the battery."
2011-11-05 14.32.39.jpg

6. You are done. selected image is set as your background.
2011-11-05 14.32.50.jpg
2011-11-05 14.33.09.jpg

Clicked a few pics with different backgrounds.
2011-11-05 14.31.05.jpg
2011-11-05 14.34.42.jpg
2011-11-05 14.35.45.jpg
2011-11-05 14.36.15.jpg
2011-11-05 14.36.39.jpg
2011-11-05 14.36.50.jpg
2011-11-05 14.37.22.jpg

TIP : Preferably use HD wallpapers. They appear quite nice.

Hope this was useful. [cheers]

freakdude.

Yes,
I had GTO 1004 on my list but came to know of a lot of heating issues in it so dropped it.
Other amps i am considering are : RF 300.4, Kenny 846, Bull

freakdude.
Liked your ICE .

I have JBL gto 1004 since 5 months. not a single problem. it's supplying 300 rms to my sub infinity ref 1260w. both perfectly matched.

I had little experiments with subbox yesterday. Few days ago , i purchased a new 2 cub. ft ported box for my sub as in manual it was written. Instead of making cylindrical port , i have decided to go dor rectangle slit like port.

now this port is actually way bigger then it is supposed to be. and above 80 hz frequncies that heard ouside the car are very loud. but lower deep bass frequncies and the punch that should be felt inside has totally gone or very low.

interpretation :-
So i have closed the port step by step ,
and found that the deep bass with punch will be best in sealed box(when i totally closed my port) but in case you will loose higher frequency bass.

In bigger ports , higher frequency bass is so loud that it can be heard outside the car 5 meters away. but significant loss of punch .
By closing 70% of my port , i felt both the frequencies are good enough. so planning to get it done.
so , just wanted to say , size of port is very important. and go for cylindrical port.. not the one like mine.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #64
Hi freakdude,
Can you post the exact model number of the maximos you've got installed. Is it maximo 5.25" or 6.5"?
Thanks!
mine are the 6.5" drivers. not sure of the model number but I guess it is something like Maximo 6.2

freakdude.

Last edited:
mine are the 6.5" drivers. not sure of the model number but I guess it is something like Maximo 6.2

freakdude.
Thanks and where can I audition them in Delhi? Where would you rate them among Hertz Dieci and Rockford Prime?
And how much did you pay for the sub?
I noticed somewhere earlier in your posts that you have not got damping done yet. One installer commented that once I get a sub I HAVE to get the damping done. Your comments on this?
I'm asking too many questions I hope you don't mind.... [embarass]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #66
Thanks and where can I audition them in Delhi? Where would you rate them among Hertz Dieci and Rockford Prime?
And how much did you pay for the sub?
I noticed somewhere earlier in your posts that you have not got damping done yet. One installer commented that once I get a sub I HAVE to get the damping done. Your comments on this?
I'm asking too many questions I hope you don't mind.... [embarass]
RF prime are low rms drivers. They produce clean mids but lack a bit of punch. Hertz on the other hand have better kick but are on the brighter side.
For sub I guess I paid around6-6.5K with sealed box.
Till now I don't feel the need of damping. But would get it done for sure in couple of months. It's not a rule that damping is necessary with a sub. On the contrary damping is done primarily on the doors to avoid vibrations from the midbass drivers (components). Damp the boot only if you feel too much vibrations from the boot.

And regarding asking questions, we all are more than happy to help like minded community. Go ahead.....

freakdude.

I Heard Energy Comps and liked them. Comfortable for me all the way upto the max volume. So you suggest Morel Maximos as more balanced. I'd like to experience them too, so can you suggest any dealer which would allow me to? I read somewhere that Driven allowed changes in compos during install so that the buyer can decide, is such an option actually available?
Thanks!

Thread Starter #68
I Heard Energy Comps and liked them. Comfortable for me all the way upto the max volume. So you suggest Morel Maximos as more balanced. I'd like to experience them too, so can you suggest any dealer which would allow me to? I read somewhere that Driven allowed changes in compos during install so that the buyer can decide, is such an option actually available?
Thanks!
I got my setup done at Driven only. Speak to Mr. Rana he might arrange audition for you. Also, you can try Motor concept in moti bagh, equally good with more options available.

freakdude.

I got my setup done at Driven only. Speak to Mr. Rana he might arrange audition for you. Also, you can try Motor concept in moti bagh, equally good with more options available.

freakdude.
Sure. Is motorconcept in Moti Bagh or Moti Nagar near Metro Station as per site motorconcepts.in?
Thanks!

Thread Starter #70
Sure. Is motorconcept in Moti Bagh or Moti Nagar near Metro Station as per site motorconcepts.in?
Thanks!
My bad dude. It would be moti nagar. The exact address as per their FB page is : A1, kailash park, kirti nagar, opp metro pillar 330,Main Metro Road, New Delhi, India 110015

freakdude.

I've been there. They seem to be bit pricey. They did guided me correctly as per my musical preferences. Will contact Mr. Rana and see if he can arrange some demo for me.

Hi Freakdude,

today i had been to EVO (satya's) shop, it was nice talking to him
below i have attached the scan of quotation
and one thing there is no bull audio components in bangalore [frustration]

he has given me 4 options i have chosen the pioneer 3350BT DVD player
now please give me some inputs on speakers and components selection
hi,
can you give me address for EVO(satyas') shop in bangalore?

Thread Starter #74
EVO

336, 1st Main Road, Cambridge Layout, Bangalore - 560 008
Near Sai Baba Temple and Opposite Ranka Corner
Phone: +91 80
Mob: +91 98453 76094
Email: evo.blr@gmail.com
Store Timings Weekdays - 11 AM to 8 PM and Sundays 11 30 AM to 5 PM

This is what I got from their website : EVO - All About Sound , In Car Entertainment and More !

Any TAIns from bangalore can confirm this??

freakdude.

EVO

336, 1st Main Road, Cambridge Layout, Bangalore - 560 008
Near Sai Baba Temple and Opposite Ranka Corner
Phone: +91 80
Mob: +91 98453 76094
Email: evo.blr@gmail.com
Store Timings Weekdays - 11 AM to 8 PM and Sundays 11 30 AM to 5 PM
freakdude.
thanks. i can find it out now. it's nearby indiranagar.
I hope this guy has 4 guage wire , capcitor and good hi-low converter.

Top Bottom