ICE For Toyota Etios

hey guys! my cousin has an Etios VXD. he wnats to fix speakers on the rear parcel tray. on enquiring at the showroom , they said VXD has only two out puts and its not possible to add rear speakers. There is NO fader.
Is this true ? Is changing the HU only option to add speakers at the rear ?[confused]

Thread Starter #77
hey guys! my cousin has an Etios VXD. he wnats to fix speakers on the rear parcel tray. on enquiring at the showroom , they said VXD has only two out puts and its not possible to add rear speakers. There is NO fader.
Is this true ? Is changing the HU only option to add speakers at the rear ?[confused]
Not sure of the o/p of the headunit. If you can post the pic of HU's rear maybe we can help out. Now, having said that, we have another option to deal with this. Since etios already has 2 pair of speakers installed, a pair in dash (tweeters) and a pair in doors(midbass), what you can do is remove the door speakers and replace it with nice co-axes and connect them with the o/p going to the dash tweeters. Now, install rear speakers and drive them with the o/p earlier used for door speakers. This way you get better speakers in front too and don't loose the high frequencies too as the coax would have the tweeter in itself.

freakdude.

I added a pair of JBL GT6-S366 as the rear speakers for my Etios VD model. The fader also works fine.

But the VXD model has a DVD player when compared to the VD model.

I am not sure if the VxD will have limitations that the VD doesn't have.

Any updates buddy on your ICE.

freakdude.
hi guys
Sorry about the extremely late reply.

Got the following
Components - Rockford Fosgate Prime Series Rs. 5500
Kenwood U449 head unit - Rs. 5500
Kenwood M846 4 channel Amplifier - Rs. 5500
Power kit Rs. Rs. 3500

Total Rs. 20K

Got the install done at Driven in about 2 hours.
Auditioned components from Bull Audio, Hertz Energy (ESK165) and Rockford Fosgate (RF) Prime. Found Hertz and RF better than the Bull's. While Bull Audio and RS were of the same price, Hertz Energy ESK 165 were Rs 2000 more.

Next upgrade, 1) RF prime Sub 2) Speakers for the rear for that surround effect :)

Thanks!

EVO

336, 1st Main Road, Cambridge Layout, Bangalore - 560 008
Near Sai Baba Temple and Opposite Ranka Corner
Phone: +91 80
Mob: +91 98453 76094
Email: evo.blr@gmail.com
Store Timings Weekdays - 11 AM to 8 PM and Sundays 11 30 AM to 5 PM

This is what I got from their website : EVO - All About Sound , In Car Entertainment and More !

Any TAIns from bangalore can confirm this??

freakdude.
i went to this guy hoping for JL audio , and this guy has nothing except cerwin vega(that stopped production of car audio products) and some regular brands.
of course his site and his shop has big JL audio stickers but you wont get them there. [gun]

Thread Starter #81
hi guys
Sorry about the extremely late reply.

Got the following
Components - Rockford Fosgate Prime Series Rs. 5500
Kenwood U449 head unit - Rs. 5500
Kenwood M846 4 channel Amplifier - Rs. 5500
Power kit Rs. Rs. 3500

Total Rs. 20K

Got the install done at Driven in about 2 hours.
Auditioned components from Bull Audio, Hertz Energy (ESK165) and Rockford Fosgate (RF) Prime. Found Hertz and RF better than the Bull's. While Bull Audio and RS were of the same price, Hertz Energy ESK 165 were Rs 2000 more.

Next upgrade, 1) RF prime Sub 2) Speakers for the rear for that surround effect :)

Thanks!
Congrats on the ICE man, do share some pics.

freakdude.

Toyota Ethios V model USB

Hello, I just bought a toyota ethios V model which comes with USB & Aux-in Ready Audio player. But I couldn't find the opening for USB. Can anyone tell me where is it?

@cara I saw there and all i could see was a little knob I opened the rubbery knob and there i couldnt find any :S

and i am sure my car has usb and aux in!

Thread Starter #86
Hi Freakdude,

Did you damp your car? Don't you feel vibrations if the doors are not damped?

Regards,
Sankar
No buddy haven't damped the car. I don't get any vibrations (or atleast I feel so) from the doors.But yes, the boot does vibrate and would be damped when I upgrade my ICE. [evil]

No buddy haven't damped the car. I don't get any vibrations (or atleast I feel so) from the doors.But yes, the boot does vibrate and would be damped when I upgrade my ICE. [evil]
What are your plans for ICE upgrade? If you don't mind can you please share the details of upgrade?

Regards,
Sankar

Thread Starter #88
What are your plans for ICE upgrade? If you don't mind can you please share the details of upgrade?

Regards,
Sankar
I have finalised HU only as of now, let's see how things roll then will be sharing complete details here. One thing for sure, it would be a PURE SQ setup. [glasses]

Top Bottom