Why Tata Cars Are Most Preferred in Taxi Market?

Rto here are practiced like these. For indica and sumo you can get easily here. But not for a bolero.

But in metro like chennai , even a wagon r and santro can be run as taxi. But non metro rto has issues. same was a case in a town in punjab , it was a discussion in a forum in orkut. And in my local i experience that . And getting a permit for tavera is difficult here . Just one taxi permit here. But neighboring town cuddalore (25kms from here ,tn) gives permit for tavera , but not for swift and bolero.

Thread Starter #17
:offtopic:
But RSM, this was your 2000th post!!
Congratulations!!
Yes i noticed just now. [clap]

ilango[speed thirst];23240 said:
Rto here are practiced like these. For indica and sumo you can get easily here. But not for a bolero.

But in metro like chennai , even a wagon r and santro can be run as taxi. But non metro rto has issues. same was a case in a town in punjab , it was a discussion in a forum in orkut. And in my local i experience that . And getting a permit for tavera is difficult here . Just one taxi permit here. But neighboring town cuddalore (25kms from here ,tn) gives permit for tavera , but not for swift and bolero.
Even some taxis are from other manufacturers, but i started the discussion because we all know all the bad reputation of Tata, then why its so popular amongst people, who drives the most.

because taxi owners dont care a damn about reputation. private owners are bothered if they see panel gaps, if the door starts rattling, if the engine makes whining noises, etc. will taxi owners be bothered about all this?
also, these people never visit a tata A.S.S, so they never face the problems private owners face. also, many of the parts are fitted from local shops, even if they are duplicate. they are hardly bothered.

You cant get a swift be permitted but a indica easily.

We do have some swifts here in Kerala as taxis. People prefer them if they are traveling light and want to travel fast.

also, these people never visit a tata A.S.S, so they never face the problems private owners face. also, many of the parts are fitted from local shops, even if they are duplicate. they are hardly bothered.
Valid point, actually.
What was true of the Ambys and the Padminis of yore is now true (truer) of the Indicas.

I don't think it is specifically tata cars which are used as Taxis, there are even Innovas and Maruti cars like Versa, Omni and HM's Amby which are widely used as Taxis and one common thing they all share is long term reliability.

AMG

Suspended
Taxiwallahs here have started buying logans and taveras.

Punjab also has a lot of innovas as taxis.[frustration]

Taxiwallahs here have started buying logans and taveras.

Punjab also has a lot of innovas as taxis.[frustration]
They started buying those long long ago. And their hire rates are higher than the Indica's.

I want to know what they are buying instead of the Indica.

350Z

Core Team

Top Bottom