Why Tata Cars Are Most Preferred in Taxi Market?

tata motors stop indica vista for taxi segment

here onwards indica vista wil be available for taxi segment only with special permission(news from kerala dealer tata). might be they want to avoid taxi image for vista

Last edited:
Re: tata motors stop indica vista for taxi segment

here onwards indica vista wil be available for taxi segment only with special permission(news from kerala dealer tata). might be they want to avoid taxi image for vista
What kind of permission owner needs to seek and from whom.
Its a good move for Vista owners they must [cheers]

350Z

Core Team
Re: tata motors stop indica vista for taxi segment

That's a smart strategy by Tata Motors. Hopefully should help saving the Vista from Taxi image now onwards. This should have been done much before though.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Re: Why Tata Cars Are Most Popular Among Taxi Segment?

I have another point of view. If a car is picked up by taxi drivers community, it is sure that the car must be good to be in such a state. As a taxi driver would not pick up a car whose service/maintenance/running cost is high. As it happened with Indica IMHO Tata has been able to sell so many vehicles pre-V2 and post-V2 era because of this same reason. There was another big contender Tata Sumo, which was a sturdy vehicle, also utilised as a taxi to the hilt.

Its the image which is built before a car reaches certain age and picked up by taxi drivers. I have seen so many Innovas, Logans, even Scorpios/Xylos picked up as taxis, but because of the initial image Innova, Scorpio stand out.

I don't see much Vista's as Taxis atleast here in Chennai. I also wonder what permission one needs to ask and from whom! Anways i feel its too late now , Indica name has a taxi image attached to it.

That is exactly my point. If you buy a Tata for personal use, and if you regularly service it from a private mechanic / service station, I believe, you won't end up in any trouble. Tata's are much cheaper to run and maintain, be it taxi market or personal use. The tendency of Tata A.S.S, even if it is not reliable, is to improve consistently over time unlike Maruti, which takes you for granted after some time.

Completely agree with Swapnil. Tatas A.S.S. is much better & improved compared to the past. And Tata cars are cheaper to maintain compared to Hyundais & Toyotas.

Completely agree with Swapnil. Tatas A.S.S. is much better & improved compared to the past. And Tata cars are cheaper to maintain compared to Hyundais & Toyotas.

I completely agree with you on this! My TATA Safari was cheaper in maintenance compared to my Hyundai Verna CRDI. My dad always keeps complaining , your spending so much for a tiny car![lol]

Yesterday i saw Maruthi Baleno near Madhya kailash(ADYAR) in yellow board
baleno is discontinued buddy but i never saw it in taxi market when it was on sale...

Top Bottom