Toyota Fortuner vs Mahindra XUV500

Which SUV is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear XOVER..
I have no intentions to hurt you,but still..
You have carried out a senseless competition..between two cars which can never match each other.
Remember:"banks of a river always run parallel" and it will be better if you let them be as they are..
NO VOTES..
Still will say XUV if it comes to VFM.
Fortuner if it comes to long term ownership and overall a better product.

@Raj and Mukesh:-
Thats a really sad issue,but still I consider Fortuner a very reliable car,I have some in my contacts with some contractors(contractors like my father really loves it and take it for cross country trips frequently),if one car has proved out to be a lemon,that doesn't mean that everyoen will be,okay.
Ask yourself,will you yourself take an XUV in front of a Fortuner if you have enough cash?You can write anything on the forum,hence I have asked you to ask it to yourself..
AN XUV CAN NEVER MATCH A FORTUNER,FEATURES ARE JUST A FANCY TOUCH,UNDERPINNINGS ARE IN FAVOR OF FORTUNER.

Last edited:
@Raj and Mukesh:-
Thats a really sad issue,but still I consider Fortuner a very reliable car,I have some in my contacts with some contractors(contractors like my father really loves it and take it for cross country trips frequently),if one car has proved out to be a lemon,that doesn't mean that everyoen will be,okay.
Ask yourself,will you yourself take an XUV in front of a Fortuner if you have enough cash?You can write anything on the forum,hence I have asked you to ask it to yourself..
AN XUV CAN NEVER MATCH A FORTUNER,FEATURES ARE JUST A FANCY TOUCH,UNDERPINNINGS ARE IN FAVOR OF FORTUNER.
Vipul I never wrote what I liked on an open forum, what I came a across, I shared it with others. What I said is no product is 100% defect free.
That's why in software industry no one promises 100% defect free software. A software evolves over a period of time, with constant upgrades.
So always they say it's 99% reliable but what about 1% , it may fail. That's what I meant is Fortuner may be 99% reliable, but 1% it had failed.

So far I have just experienced Toyota Fortuner,two people I know who got the first Fortuners did have brake probs ,but I have no experience when it comes to the Xuv500 & its relatively new,not many would have spent a day with it.

I feel this thread should wait a bit,otherwise it will be just judging a book by its cover

I havent driven an XUV, so it wont be wise to comment on it, however, i would definitely like to add that the drive behavior of Fortuner is one of the best. I say one of the best from my personal driving experience with some of the SUVs of the same breed.

We are comparing apple to orange. Fortuner carries a international brand name which can not be compared with Mahindra. XUV is a VFM product and targets the market segment which is just trying to upgrade from sedan to UVs.

I havent driven an XUV, so it wont be wise to comment on it, however, i would definitely like to add that the drive behavior of Fortuner is one of the best. I say one of the best from my personal driving experience with some of the SUVs of the same breed.
I do agree that mechanically, Fortuner is stronger & MAY BE (we cant comment on XUV's mechanicals now) much more reliable than XUV. Also, Fortuner has the road presence which the XUV will never have.

but when it comes to driving pleasure, XUV wins hands down. It does not roll like a fortuner, the ride is better than the fortuner & you can chuck it around, unlike Fortuner. Big elephants are no match to a cheetah! the engine of XUV feels more refined & it does not have the gear lever vibration, like in the Fortuner. In short, the Fortuner feels more utilitarian.

all said & done, will someone having 25 lakhs in hand buy the XUV? I dont think so. very few will actually want the XUV instead of a Fortuner. I am one among them, I find the XUV more desirable to the heart, price not withstanding. Infact the pricing is the icing on the cake for me. but the majority will buy the Fortuner as it is more of a status symbol.

Last edited:
I do agree that mechanically, Fortuner is stronger & MAY BE (we cant comment on XUV's mechanicals now) much more reliable than XUV. Also, Fortuner has the road presence which the XUV will never have.

but when it comes to driving pleasure, XUV wins hands down. It does not roll like a fortuner, the ride is better than the fortuner & you can chuck it around, unlike Fortuner. Big elephants are no match to a cheetah! the engine of XUV feels more refined & it does not have the gear lever vibration, like in the Fortuner. In short, the Fortuner feels more utilitarian.

all said & done, will someone having 25 lakhs in hand buy the XUV? I dont think so. very few will actually want the XUV instead of a Fortuner. I am one among them, I find the XUV more desirable to the heart, price not withstanding. Infact the pricing is the icing on the cake for me. but the majority will buy the Fortuner as it is more of a status symbol.
I agree to the above largely, i am a big fortuner fan too, but eventually went out and bought an XUV, having said that someday i would like to own a fortuner/New Ranger 2011(in the endeavour guise). People do always mention that the fortuner is a true 4x4 and i agree to it but having said that 99% of the fortuners probably never do any real offroading - the vehicle has attained a status symbol tag in India.

Thread Starter #25
I wonder why people say Fortuner is overpriced,even though its common knowledge that most of the parts of it are imported from THailand and not manufactured in INdia.

I wonder why people say Fortuner is overpriced,even though its common knowledge that most of the parts of it are imported from THailand and not manufactured in INdia.
So how does that justifies worthiness of a product? is it the end users fault for the parts need to be imported for double the true cost?

Fortuner is overpriced only,do you think it caters all the needs what a 25 lakh car should?the interiors feels like innova only. if I was to purchase an SUV in this range, my money would definitely go to BMW X1 not worrying on the premium,or save money buying XUV.

Comparing XUV and Foruna is not fair.. They are way two different sets.
As Vishwas said, If i have 25L to spend on a vechile, why will i look at XUV..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom