Toyota Fortuner vs Mahindra XUV500

Which SUV is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why people say Fortuner is overpriced,even though its common knowledge that most of the parts of it are imported from THailand and not manufactured in INdia.
Thats none of our business buddy why should I worry they import or export it is costly [frustration]

So how does that justifies worthiness of a product? is it the end users fault for the parts need to be imported for double the true cost?
It cant be justified at any point .Why Toyota didn't manufacture here? we have the man power and demand also.

that not our worry dude..Toyota should get it right!!
well said . [clap]

I wonder why people say Fortuner is overpriced,even though its common knowledge that most of the parts of it are imported from THailand and not manufactured in INdia.
XUV wins by 70% my friend. Your intentions to malign or belittle the XUV again fails! and to think of it, this is after you compared a 14 lakh homegrown product to a 25 lakh internationally acclaimed one.

And to cover that, you are making excuses about Toyota's parts being imported, as if its our fault...

Well,now I am really fed up,now first of all to all my dear friends answer these questions of mine(Note:I have driven an XUV as well as Fortuner too,TDed the XUV twice 50+kms each time and Fortuner has been taken once from Meerut to Shirdi and Meerut to Gangotri,I hope this much experience is enough as it covered highway cruising,city traffic,hills and some really bad roads too):-
1):How many of the admirers or Fortuner taxi callers or etc etc have even once sat and TDed both the cars in their life??
Damn,I know more than 50% will say we have,but being true its not even 10%.
2):The reliability of a D-4D is simply bulletproof,it does not matter if one or two of them breaks down,what matters is how many owners are unhappy from their cars.I'd love to see the XUV on this parameter.And that time is also not far now.
3):Anybody has any doubt on Fortuner's go anywhere capabilities?If yes,even then it can go 1 mile extra off the road as compared to XUV.
4):Once sit in a Fortuner and then see,the dash design may be like Innova,but quality and tough built is also something,now anybody don't tell me that Fortuners rattles too!!
5):Can an XUV pull like a Fortuner does anywhere or on any terrain?
6):XUV is more responsive...[thinking]
Okay,then take her to hills or inclines,then tell me what the response is,especially in front of Fortuner(If ever driven).
7):Has anyone experienced the driving position of the Fortuner?If not,then try it.You yourself will throw away the XUV keys.
8):XUV can have good FE and better performance on paper and on straight highways too.But Fortuner is then a very heavy vehicle and has a 3.0 power plant,still wih some efficient driving,you can get about 11 kpl overall out of her.Also the way the Fortuner pulls,XUV can never match it.
9):Guys this 25 lacs vs 14 lacs is not the factor,the price people pay is for a true blue SUV,the SUV which can take any kind of beating.The overall quality,fit and finish,steering feel and overall performance(Nobody drives his/her like like a drag race)all favor the Fortuner.The NVH levels of Fortuner are better and so are many more pros.As I have already mentioned,ONLY FANCY FEATURES DOES NOT MAKE THE CAR.(Still I vote for the fact that Fortuner is quite overpriced,it deserves only 18-20 lacs).
10):Damn,this comparo is senseless,this is XUV+XUV=Fortuner comparo(consider prices from base model).So no more comments.
WAITING FOR MORE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS...But before posting,take care that you have driven both,because I am now serious about cross questioning too.Review read comments have no value for me.(We are contractors,THEKEDAAR in Hindi and we people are always bounded with SUVs only,so within a month or two I'll be posting an XUV too with an experience of more than 1000 kms,but there are a lot of Fortuners I have driven,so except Pajero,nothing comes close).

@Mods:This is a simply meaningless comparison,and is turning bashing too(Have a look at some posts above,I have replied only them),so I request you to take the required action.

Last edited:
9):Guys this 25 lacs vs 14 lacs is not the factor,the price people pay is for a true blue SUV,the SUV which can take any kind of beating.The overall quality,fit and finish,steering feel and overall performance(Nobody drives his/her like like a drag race)all favor the Fortuner.The NVH levels of Fortuner are better and so are many more pros.As I have already mentioned,ONLY FANCY FEATURES DOES NOT MAKE THE CAR.(Still I vote for the fact that Fortuner is quite overpriced,it deserves only 18-20 lacs).
10):Damn,this comparo is senseless,this is XUV+XUV=Fortuner comparo(consider prices from base model).So no more comments.
WAITING FOR MORE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS...But before posting,take care that you have driven both,because I am now serious about cross questioning too.Review read comments have no value for me.(We are contractors,THEKEDAAR in Hindi and we people are always bounded with SUVs only,so within a month or two I'll be posting an XUV too with an experience of more than 1000 kms,but there are a lot of Fortuners I have driven,so except Pajero,nothing comes close).
Saahab ,this is India."Democracy".

Here Aam aadmi as well as Prime Minister deserve equal respect.

To criticize a minister do we need to sit in their chair first?

Jokes apart.

Would you agree Tata or Mahindra is incapable of producing car like fortuner?

Homegrown (desi) product demands lot more than 3.0litre engine , truck chasis and quarter of crore price tag.

Though I dont have 25lakhs nor enough space nor roads to drive it neither fuel. but my neighborhood guy have it just to show he can afford . I guess he drove mere 300km in 1 year.. (normally he drives wagonR and a willy's)

Xuv is much much affordable and can be regarded as Family car in better (read sensible)respects.

And for the quality you say what could be cost we may need to pay Toyota compared to Mahindra!!!

and offroad,who does the off-road exercise with such cars(suv's) other than if chased by cops.

off-road vehicles are different, not Like these fortuner aka Hilux trucks.

Toyota FJ is the one I have driven and it is good enough.

I haven't voted as it dont make any sense but a healthy discussion or a debate would realize true worthiness of both products.

Saahab ,this is India."Democracy".

Here Aam aadmi as well as Prime Minister deserve equal respect.

To criticize a minister do we need to sit in their chair first?

Jokes apart.

Would you agree Tata or Mahindra is incapable of producing car like fortuner?

Homegrown (desi) product demands lot more than 3.0litre engine , truck chasis and quarter of crore price tag.

Though I dont have 25lakhs nor enough space nor roads to drive it neither fuel. but my neighborhood guy have it just to show he can afford . I guess he drove mere 300km in 1 year.. (normally he drives wagonR and a willy's)

Xuv is much much affordable and can be regarded as Family car in better (read sensible)respects.

And for the quality you say what could be cost we may need to pay Toyota compared to Mahindra!!!

and offroad,who does the off-road exercise with such cars(suv's) other than if chased by cops.

off-road vehicles are different, not Like these fortuner aka Hilux trucks.

Toyota FJ is the one I have driven and it is good enough.

I haven't voted as it dont make any sense but a healthy discussion or a debate would realize true worthiness of both products.
Bade Sahab,even I too know that this is India democracy and one more fact is that there is not such a large price difference between the two cars,XUV W8 4X4 costs 15.78(15.2 in Uttarakhand) lacs on-road Meerut while I can get a Fortuner for not more than 23-23.2 lacs on-road Delhi and about 22.7-22.9 lacs on-road Haryana or Uttarakhand.So after quite saving efforts a Fortuner is not at all 11 lacs expensive than an XUV but its just about 8 lacs.
Now if the price bar has came down,so the difference has automatically started arising.

About your neighborhood guy,ask him to put it on fire as the Fortuner parked at home is as useless as one parked at showroom for display.

Its a fact that desi products can be better that those Japs etc,but right now the scenario is different.

To criticize a minister or any person I recommend any person to at least once if not try but understand the true position of the person whom you want to criticize.For example,people even criticize Sachin too for not hitting a six but have they even once faced in their lives the bowlers like Shoaib Akhtar??Same is with ministers and all.

Thread Starter #40
@ all
just chill down guys,fortuner is coming in 4 x 2 guise at the auto expo, and mahindra are going to raise prices of xuv in jan,so these two cars will come even closer in price than what anyone thinks at the moment.

1):How many of the admirers or Fortuner taxi callers or etc etc have even once sat and TDed both the cars in their life??
Damn,I know more than 50% will say we have,but being true its not even 10%.
How can you say that?

When you are saying that you have driven the Fortuner & XUV, we believe you. But when we say the same, you expect us to give proofs?

2):The reliability of a D-4D is simply bulletproof,it does not matter if one or two of them breaks down,what matters is how many owners are unhappy from their cars.I'd love to see the XUV on this parameter.And that time is also not far now.
XUV has the same mHawk engine from the Scorpio which has already proven it's reliability.

3):Anybody has any doubt on Fortuner's go anywhere capabilities?If yes,even then it can go 1 mile extra off the road as compared to XUV.
True.

4):Once sit in a Fortuner and then see,the dash design may be like Innova,but quality and tough built is also something,now anybody don't tell me that Fortuners rattles too!!
True.

5):Can an XUV pull like a Fortuner does anywhere or on any terrain?
yes. it can. power to weight ratio is almost similar.

6):XUV is more responsive...[thinking]
Okay,then take her to hills or inclines,then tell me what the response is,especially in front of Fortuner(If ever driven).
done that. Both XUV & Fortuner feels responsive. Fortuner is more linear whereas XUV gives you that push in the back.

7):Has anyone experienced the driving position of the Fortuner?If not,then try it.You yourself will throw away the XUV keys.
Why so? XUV's driving position is equally good.

8):XUV can have good FE and better performance on paper and on straight highways too.But Fortuner is then a very heavy vehicle and has a 3.0 power plant,still wih some efficient driving,you can get about 11 kpl overall out of her.Also the way the Fortuner pulls,XUV can never match it.
XUV has marginally better acceleration than Fortuner.

9):Guys this 25 lacs vs 14 lacs is not the factor,the price people pay is for a true blue SUV,the SUV which can take any kind of beating.The overall quality,fit and finish,steering feel and overall performance(Nobody drives his/her like like a drag race)all favor the Fortuner.
True.

The NVH levels of Fortuner are better and so are many more pros.
Wrong. NVH of Fortuner is not as good as XUV. Engine is more noisy, gear lever vibrates & road noise is more.

WAITING FOR MORE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS...But before posting,take care that you have driven both,because I am now serious about cross questioning too
Bring it on!

Thread Starter #42
The only fair comparison here would be to see both of them in one frame and admire .[;)]
Image Source Facebook
I have not seen XUV in flesh, but its common knowledge among auto enthusiasts that d4d ruler Fortuner is the best looking SUV ever launched in India.It has got right muscle+right aesthetics+right size+right proportions.

As far as XUV is concerned it also has got right proportions but its styling is over the top and completely miss-match.It seems that mahindra have tried to take cues from Evoque and Outlander and Jeep grand cherokee and stuff it on to XUV, result is that this cheeta looks more like a dinosaurus.[lol]

DISCLAIMER : My views abt the looks of XUV are subjective and based upon its pictures ,which of course i have seen on the net.So raj_5004 don't get agitated.[evil]

I have not driven or TDen either of these vehicles

Looks wise, Fortuner wins hands down [clap]

VFM wise, its XUV500 [glasses]

Note: I voted for XUV

XUV5ooH anyday.
in my opinion fortuner is just an innova on steroids.
By launching XUV at this price bracket Mahindra has proved that indian manufacturers have come of age.
kudos to mahindra. offcourse there are small niggles here and there but thats an evolutionary process.
i think XUV has got potential. waiting to see how xuv dents fortuner's sale numbers.

I have not seen XUV in flesh, but its common knowledge among auto enthusiasts that d4d ruler Fortuner is the best looking SUV ever launched in India.It has got right muscle+right aesthetics+right size+right proportions.

As far as XUV is concerned it also has got right proportions but its styling is over the top and completely miss-match.It seems that mahindra have tried to take cues from Evoque and Outlander and Jeep grand cherokee and stuff it on to XUV, result is that this cheeta looks more like a dinosaurus.[lol]

DISCLAIMER : My views abt the looks of XUV are subjective and based upon its pictures ,which of course i have seen on the net.So raj_5004 don't get agitated.
I have strong gut feeling about our member Xover that he is man of XUV500 (XUV promotion)

No matter where he comments ,He does so cleverly to propel the goodies of Mahindra XUV. His manthra is publicity in negative way.

Looking back into history, Xover and xuv500 came to highlight in TAI almost at same period of time.[confused]

Xovers arguments with rest of community members were almost like two sweet sellers quarreling and they end up throwing sweets on each other and witness around enjoyed the sweets they could catch in between.!!

It could be coincidence or a fact.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom