Tata Zest Ownership Review

Re: Tata Zest XM (Revotron) Ownership Review

Pawan, What RPM does manual suggest during run-in period and for how many KMs?
Manuals do suggest gear-kph thing for running in, something like:
1st gear: 20 kph
2nd gear: 30 kph
3rd gear: 40 kph
4th gear: 50 kph
5th gear: 60 kph

In my opinion, marking a rev limit for oneself(3500 for N/A and 3000 for turbo petrol for example) saves one from going over rev in any gear . The rule written in the manuals does fail on hilly drives(loaded car) as well as steep inclines. But this rev limit, keeps holding itself in most of the cases.

Congrats pawan! White does looks stunning. But , why does one need to pay extra for white color?

Congrats pawan ji your car looking fantastic in white color happy motoring with Revotron please update detailed photos and some video clips of Revotron Motor engine sound [;)] because OLD XETA motors sounds like mini tractor so i just want hear engine noise with revamped XETA motor [evil]

BTW, those HVAC(Air Conditioning Control) knobs are looking like they are picked up straight from Indica V2, the only thing looking out of place in such a wonderful car.

yes HVAC Controls are same in my indica Turbo too its common for TATA cars they use same components for their range of cars

Last edited:

BTW, those HVAC(Air Conditioning Control) knobs are looking like they are picked up straight from Indica V2, the only thing looking out of place in such a wonderful car.
yes HVAC Controls are same in my indica Turbo too its common for TATA cars they use same components for their range of cars
Not really. Vipul is right.

Vista Refresh LX/VX/ZX and Manza got following HVAC Controls

Tata-Vista-facelift-17.jpg
Indica-Vista-D90-2.jpg

Vista D90 and Manza Club Class got following HVAC Controls

Tata-Vista-D90-18.jpg
9b772f55fc63c3c998fee379941afc2c_555X416_1.jpg

Now TATA is back to Pre facelift/refresh Vista days circa 2008. Unpardonable, regressive step. Zest and Bolt deserved Vista Refresh HVAC Controls if not the D90 ones.

Last edited:

Pawan what mileage you getting ?

You didn't buy xms with airbags?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #37

Pawan what mileage you getting ?

You didn't buy xms with airbags?
Currently 11+ with ac sometime
Yes brother not xms as Delivery period was so long for that and by for my requirement air bags are not must needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

First of all, Congrats buddy! Would like to know more from you. How is the Revotron engine?

Hi Pawan - Heartiest congrats for your ZEST ! You have become the most sought after person with the first ever ZEST ownership review. [clap]

Pls keep us updated about your day-to-day experiences with your new machine atleast for next couple of weeks. Your experience will certainly help many others like me who are considering zest on their radar . thanks

Congrats [clap]. It looks premium in white.

Its painfull to see the condition of Tata ASC support even after this important launch[frustration]. Hope it could get better.

Hey Pawan,

Congratulations a ton !!!!
Really happy to read the first thread of ownership on Zest in the whole world of internet probably[;)]

Now I have few questions, please respond whenever you are free :

1) I had been to the TATA plant and took a test drive. Officials over there said they have locked the highest speed as 160kph. That much may not be required though. I tested it till 140 and it was stable.
Did you feel the stability decreased a@150kph in compare the stability when you were at 100kph???

2) Do you feel uncomfortable in keeping your left foot when you don't use the clutch. This is because there is no side space besides the clutch.

3) If you are forced to point out the negatives of the car, what would be those (apart from what you have already posted first)

Awaiting for your response.[:)]
And once again congrats.
Enjoy the DRIVE !!!!

HVAC controls in Zest's top model are matching with Vista D90 Quadrajet. So I dont think its a regressive step in fact its a smart step. Tata had to justify the the cost of top end model with some extra goodies over the lower models.

Atindra

Top Bottom