Tata Zest Ownership Review

Re: Tata Zest XM (Revotron) Ownership Review

Well well well, there is the first Zest on TAI and the first ever ownership review throughout! [clap]

My hearty congrats for the car Pavanvijay, the car is looking simply fabulous. Wishing you very happy miles, drive safe and keep us updated with a couple of more pics.

BTW, those HVAC(Air Conditioning Control) knobs are looking like they are picked up straight from Indica V2, the only thing looking out of place in such a wonderful car.

Congrats Pawan. Happy to see you are satisfied with the car as of now.

Wish you million miles ahead..!![clap]

Congratulations Pawan. Looks good in white. Wish you many many happy miles. Please can you most more interior shots of your beauty?

Congrats on your Zest (and the first ownership review of it ON THE WHOLE NET!!!) and wishing you lakhs of happy miles with it!

Congrats Bro!!! Pristine White XM looks awesome. Your closeup shots of rear part of car, with lights on look fantastic!!! I dont know why some reviews in some media sites were complaining about looks of this car from rear.

Another thing I noticed you wrote in review that you touched 150 Km/h speed in Zest? was it for real? Thats amazing!!! I normally dont drive above 120 even on express ways but still if this car is capable of touching 150K is a great feeling.
Your combined mileage for city+Highway seems very less than that of claimed by Tata is there any reason behind this?

Atindra

Thread Starter #24

Congrats Bro!!! Pristine White XM looks awesome. Your closeup shots of rear part of car, with lights on look fantastic!!! I dont know why some reviews in some media sites were complaining about looks of this car from rear.

Another thing I noticed you wrote in review that you touched 150 Km/h speed in Zest? was it for real? Thats amazing!!! I normally dont drive above 120 even on express ways but still if this car is capable of touching 150K is a great feeling.
Your combined mileage for city+Highway seems very less than that of claimed by Tata is there any reason behind this?

Atindra
Yeah i touched that speed, next time i will upload the speed image and yeah average is as by the speedometer.
It may be die to the new engine which will improve its efficiency after 1st service.
Thanks

Yeah i touched that speed, next time i will upload the speed image and yeah average is as by the speedometer.
It may be die to the new engine which will improve its efficiency after 1st service.
Thanks
Pawan, isn't there any run-in period for Zest where you need to restrict to 60-70 kmph speed for initial few KMs?

Pawan, isn't there any run-in period for Zest where you need to restrict to 60-70 kmph speed for initial few KMs?
Yes I second that my suggestion is please go trough the manual before over speeding or there are chances of damage

Thread Starter #27

Yes I second that my suggestion is please go trough the manual before over speeding or there are chances of damage
Yes bro, there is but the speed i am saying here is on the test drive vehicle not on my drive, [lol]on my drive i took it to maximum 100 only.

I guess running in has more to do with the tachometer instead of where the fury needle is.
During the run in, it is advised to drive a lower 'engine speeds' or lower rpms(That doesn't mean that the owner will get the car bogged down).
For a petrol car, it is safe to touch 3000-3500 rpm during run in IMO. Those rpm when coupled to the fifth/sixth gear do translate into 120+ kph for many cars in higher segments though. But yes, during running in, it is always advised to first drive at low revs for sometime(20-30 kilometers at least), after which one can satisfy himself/herself by making a 120+ speed for a kilometer or two but remember, no redlining!

I guess running in has more to do with the tachometer instead of where the fury needle is.
During the run in, it is advised to drive a lower 'engine speeds' or lower rpms(That doesn't mean that the owner will get the car bogged down).
For a petrol car, it is safe to touch 3000-3500 rpm during run in IMO. Those rpm when coupled to the fifth/sixth gear do translate into 120+ kph for many cars in higher segments though. But yes, during running in, it is always advised to first drive at low revs for sometime(20-30 kilometers at least), after which one can satisfy himself/herself by making a 120+ speed for a kilometer or two but remember, no redlining!
Yes Vipul, I meant RPM only. However, to cut short, I mentioned only speed in my earlier post.

Pawan, What RPM does manual suggest during run-in period and for how many KMs?

Top Bottom