Tata Aria Pleasure 4X4 a.k.a. The Chronicals of Saphira (Completed 51000 Kms)

Thread Starter #16
Re: Tata Aria Pleasure 4X4 a.k.a. The Chronicals of Saphira

@ I too , go for the autocutoff option, rather than up to brim, otherwise fuel spills out inspite of closed lid in my manza.TASS people will say they will repair or replac e the thing., if you comlain about the spill ¡.

@tornado78, battery manufacturing date is itched on the metal button like thing near the + ve ,-ve terminals on the battery itself. And its given in the battery warranty card also.
You were sonewhat right. its the battery. but not the charging its the loose terminal connection.
as in evening when i started the car it was again blank and that time it reminds me of ur words check the battery so i open the hood and try to check the connection and it was loose as few sparks were out when i touched and try to fix it. the vehicle responded quickly after that. but i guess that spark just conked the rear brake lights. reverse gear lightand now both of them are not working but vehicle is running fine. so will be giving my car for service tommorow. lets see what will be the cause of this conking off of brake and reverse light..

Dont know when will tml learn to do pdi properly. as the battery was connected during pdi itself.

Last edited:

Take these electrical/electronic glitches seriously and try to get your car checked by OBD as soon as possible.Car always going into sleep mode is not a good thing IMO.

i get a feel it might be the immobiliser or the battery playing with the immob, any chance u r locking your car with keys manually and opening via key buttons or vice versa?
please also tighten the battery connectors fully

this can only happen when the immobiliser gets active for some reason, you just need to figure out that reason.

Thread Starter #19

Take these electrical/electronic glitches seriously and try to get your car checked by OBD as soon as possible.Car always going into sleep mode is not a good thing IMO.
i get a feel it might be the immobiliser or the battery playing with the immob, any chance u r locking your car with keys manually and opening via key buttons or vice versa?
please also tighten the battery connectors fully

this can only happen when the immobiliser gets active for some reason, you just need to figure out that reason.

Thanks a lot,

but i guess its the loose battery connection. now i will give her for first service today and will tell them each and every thing in detail....

first service in under 10 days ? how much have u been driving [drive]or did u mean first checkup rather ?

Thanks a lot,

but i guess its the loose battery connection. now i will give her for first service today and will tell them each and every thing in detail....
Yes and mention entire work process, the bill etc extensively on your thread after the 1st service.

Thread Starter #22

first service in under 10 days ? how much have u been driving [drive]or did u mean first checkup rather ?
Haha ha ha
it has covered more than 825kms. in just 7 days.

It is service cum checkup visit.

Rear srnsors are kaput due to extra load put by camera.
Lets see how will this problem will be resolved.
I hv given them15 point agenda including all possible points.

I hv gone for 3m underbody rust treatment at 2000 rs. for five year recheck and warranty.

Shall i go for 3m teflon coating?

Thread Starter #23

HI All,

As i have given my vehicle for first service today and iam yet to get the vehicle (due to a long list of my observation). This time TATA is working so hard and seriously on my car (or evne on ARIA) that they are chekcing and rechecking all the points mentioned by me and rectifying them. Its good in theory but lets see how this will turn up when i'll get my car back tommorow (as iam nervous).
Still a lot of work is to be done on the car (small nick necks), iam very particular even about a minute sound from third row seat.

Yes all the issues were cropped mainly by THE LOOSE CONNECTION OF BATTERY TERMINAL. It has been fixed.

Underbody anti rust is yet to be done, alignment is also done (very minor corrction).

Hoping for the best

SO far ABS Motors Service Centre Gurgaon is the best one i have seen so far in Tata.
One must try their centre.

lxi.

Suspended

Do share the service costs buddy once it is done.

How much does TATA charge for Alignment and/or balancing? Do let me know, Maruti charges 550Rs. for both!

Do share the service costs buddy once it is done.

How much does TATA charge for Alignment and/or balancing? Do let me know, Maruti charges 550Rs. for both!
Rs 120 for Wheel balancing.
Wheel alignment is free during service.

This was the charges for my Manza.

1st service: Rs 0
2nd service: Rs 0 + Rs 450 for oil top up.

Tornado78, we are eagerly waiting to know more about your dream, aspiration, and those twists

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

Maruti guys are really bad. They charged me in my 4th service (paid) as Rs. 4701!
They had done the alignment and balancing worth rs.550 (i always try to get it done in haryana wheels tyres shop at Rs.300).
They had also done that new sstuff- Engine decarbonising worth some 800 rupees.
They said if any problems/niggles, they will look for the solution and repair free if possible with just labour charges.
My handbrake was shaking left and right, so said him to sit with me and drove nearby and showed him the handbrake, he simply said it needs repairing and charged Rs.1200!

Thread Starter #27

Maruti guys are really bad. They charged me in my 4th service (paid) as Rs. 4701!
They had done the alignment and balancing worth rs.550 (i always try to get it done in haryana wheels tyres shop at Rs.300).
They had also done that new sstuff- Engine decarbonising worth some 800 rupees.
They said if any problems/niggles, they will look for the solution and repair free if possible with just labour charges.
My handbrake was shaking left and right, so said him to sit with me and drove nearby and showed him the handbrake, he simply said it needs repairing and charged Rs.1200!
Very bad at maruti part.

I have paid only 22 rs for 4 fuses. and that coz they have entered that in bill otherwise i would have ask them to enter in amc.

2200 rs for antirust and 3000rs for teflon coating with three more checks. by 3m.

Rest is free.
Will update in detail on monday....
Vehicle is doin too good now...

lxi.

Suspended

As my vehicle was not given service since last one year,I became used to the bad drive (because of no service). Then after the service, i was so happy with the engine response that I did 125 on the Way! Very Scary, on one lane change, (at100) I thought the vehicle will roll over andthats the end. But, nothing happenned. :)

Will wait for your updates.Nice to know about your good service experience.Also a ownership is nothing without few beautiful pics cause," a picture is worth thousand words", they say.And you better oblige will you!!

Thread Starter #30

First of all a very good morning to all the TAI Menbers,

Here are the coveted pictures of my Saphira........
They are shot from SII as my camera is with my friend and a detail photoshoot is still pending....

Alloys.jpg

This is the design of alloys finalsied for My Saphira (next month or may be in April)...

Front.jpg

Vkool (60% heat and uv rejection) film is installed on glasses, but very less tint..... (they are effective so far, will share their effectiveness next month onwards)...

Side.jpg

Side 2.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom