Tata Aria Pleasure 4X4 a.k.a. The Chronicals of Saphira (Completed 51000 Kms)

Thread Starter #46
Re: Tata Aria Pleasure 4X4 a.k.a. The Chronicals of Saphira

Exhaust gas re circulation. it is all related to turbo charger and other stuffs.
Yes yes

i was there when they run the obd and there is a small connector which joins two metallic pipe (kind of some rubber tube) which was loose from one side and they just run the obd and find EGR sensor error and checked it and found that the pipe is out from its place and just reconnect it. thats it.

All work were carried out in front of me.
Even prior to TASS visit i also checked the engine oil level and quality and it was sufficient and not reduced even my a mm from last check (just to confirm whether engine is burning oil or not).

After that vehicle is performing like it was doing prior to that incidence.

The EGR pipe was loose may be since the vehicle was manufactured or it may have been loosen in cleaning process. it was just an assumption only. So cannt comment on this surely, but this has happened after 1400+ kms and the it required efforts to insert the pipe back.

Last edited:

it was just an assumption only. So cannt comment on this surely, but this has happened after 1400+ kms and the it required efforts to insert the pipe back.
Good things first.
Tata cars are very good. technology wise and ergonomically.

Nice to Know You are enjoying your ride. If initial minor niggles are rectified early Tata car will serve you for long term without any issue.

Bad things

Above incidence makes it clear that tata lacks outright competence in terms of quality. such a critical component can come off only because the the nuts have not been properly torqued. either torquing machine is not calibrated or something called Quality control does not exist in plant. So be ready to encounter couple of similar minor niggles .

One reason could be that your Aria was in Dealer's place for one year and somebody could have done some experiments or testing on it.

I believe EGR pipe is stiff metallic pipe which can bear high temperature. how come the cleaner can tamper with such a critical component? either Tass guys are lying or or some other kind of loose contact probably the EGR sensor.
+10. I dont think a cleaner can loosen the EGR pipe so easily.

Exhaust gas re-circulation.

As the name suggests, the exhaust gases are re0circulated inside the engine.

The engine creates Nitrogen Oxides during the high temperature combustion process, thus polluting the environment.

EGR was developed to reduce the combustion temperatures so that NOx levels are reduced (NOx is formed at high temperature). EGR directs the exhaust gases into the combustion chamber to reduce the volume. Smaller effective displacement means lesser combustion and hence lesser heat and thus lower temperatures, thereby controlling NOx emissions.

Obviously during hard acceleration, EGR is turned off.

One reason could be that your Aria was in Dealer's place for one year and somebody could have done some experiments or testing on it.
Good enough reason why one should not prefer a vehicle lying in the stockyard for too many months.

Thread Starter #50

+10. I dont think a cleaner can loosen the EGR pipe so easily.

Exhaust gas re-circulation.

As the name suggests, the exhaust gases are re0circulated inside the engine.

The engine creates Nitrogen Oxides during the high temperature combustion process, thus polluting the environment.

EGR was developed to reduce the combustion temperatures so that NOx levels are reduced (NOx is formed at high temperature). EGR directs the exhaust gases into the combustion chamber to reduce the volume. Smaller effective displacement means lesser combustion and hence lesser heat and thus lower temperatures, thereby controlling NOx emissions.

Obviously during hard acceleration, EGR is turned off.

Good enough reason why one should not prefer a vehicle lying in the stockyard for too many months.
well well lots of speculations and tass bashing. but will share pics of egr pipe on monday to show you that it can be loosen up while cleaning or while in stockyard or in general checking.
no solid reason why it came out. but yes it is a rubber hose and on the right side of engine.

Note... i have installed autoform seat covers and also clicked pictures when there were no seats in the car and it looks huge without seats.
dammmn they took almost 12 hours to fit the covers and in installation they managed to put a hole in middle row 60 ratio seat cover. though they have conceal that an inch hole but ordered new set of that seat cover. which i might get it fit on coming saturday.

all pics will be shared on monday...

oh i forget i got the best fuel efficency figure on highway while i was doing the milage run for over 25kms. i managed 16.7kmpl. it started from 12 and reached to this figure in those 25kms run.

Wow 16.7 kmpl that's astounding !! Its really amazing how Tata makes really most fuel efficient cars, be it nano,indica,indigo or the mighty Aria.

Well done TATA and also well done dragon rider !!

Thread Starter #52

Weekly Update:

ODO Reading 1850+

After the engine system fault on Friday i tried following short stints over the last weekend:

1.) Mileage Run Test: On saturday morning as i ws suppose to go to Gurgaon for Seat COver Fitments in Reliance Autozone, so in the morning i tried to perform a Milage RUn Test on Aria and the results were amazing. I drove from my place to Gurgaon (35 kms with 14.1kmpl) and later on Expressway with controlled driving for over 25kms it has returned an amazing figure of 16.7 kmpl)
2.) I have ordered Autoform Seat Covers in Leatehrite Black Shade, so the seat covers fixing process started at 11 in the morning and they managed to finished it 11 in the night (12 hours). While fitting they manage to put a cut mark on 60% split side middle row seat of an inch, although they have repaired it and also ordered the replacement of that section.

3.) Yesterday morning, i just woke up very early in the morning and had an idea to go for a breakfast drive on NH8 for around 100 kms one side. So i called my friend and by 7.30am i picked him up and were on the go for DHaruhera (enroute Jaipur from Delhi), the following were observed:

a.) Engine is getting smoother and smoother km after km, as there is harldy ay stress and sound from engine at 100kmph speed. The RPM V/s Speed are (in fifth gear) 1800=80 kmph, 1900=90kmph and 2000= 100kmph.

b.) My friend wanted to know that even after 100kmph there is juice left in the car for a sudden pull to 140-150 and i said i'll try till 130 as it is still in Runin period, so we tried from 80kmph onwards in 5th gear and we both were impressed by the pulling power of the vehicle as it hardly break a sweat. The best part was that you and vehicle just dont feel the vibes, sound and loss of power any where.

c.) Now Kitna Deti hai: over a run of 150+ kms She manage to deliver a healthy 15.1 kmpl, with a Jamm on Dharuhera for over a kms long line. and all those 80-130 kmph stints. But i guess had it been a road from Barr to Jodhpur to Pokhran to Jaisalmer and driven sanely than she would have returned in the range of 19-20 kmpl.

d.) Driver fatigue: Plz dont associate it to this Vehicle. No tiredness or back pain and other things (i drive 100 kms daily in Delhi Gurgaon Traffic).
Pics will be shared soon

^^^^^
Amazing presentation of experience with your Aria.In fact its the best that I have come across yet on the net.Detailed yet concise(sorry for being oxymoron).Loved every bit of it.Will definitely help prospective Aria buyers.Cheers and drive safe.

Thread Starter #54

As promised Please find attached Snaps taken by me to expalin few things:

EGR Pipe: Find an arrow in the pic and that is the connector which was loose, so i guess it can come while cleaning or may be at the time of PDI it became loose.
EGR.jpg

Fuel Effeciency figure:
FM 1.jpg

Aria without seats 1
1.jpg

Aria Without Seats 2

2.jpg

Seat Covers Front Seat
3.jpg

Seat COvers Last row
4.jpg

I was so tempted on saturday morning and sunday morning to drive/fly my dragon to Ajmer, but had to resist due to prior appointments.

Will try my luck again on coming saturday...

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

The seat covers look nice!
And the mileage figures you are getting are superb!
My city gives 13kmpl in City Max! [:(]

Congrats Tornado on your new acquistion.

Wish you miles of Safe & Happy Motoring.

But off late why there are so many issues in your Aria?

Those are some nice pictures, Nice FE and woow that's huge from inside without the seats.

Thread Starter #59

Wow ..for the space inside one can daringly commit for a conference .!!!
Those are some nice pictures, Nice FE and woow that's huge from inside without the seats.
Yes Thanks, it is huge, without seats 3 people can sleep inside it or even 2 people can sleep confortably after folding down last and middle row seats.

Congrats Tornado on your new acquistion.

Wish you miles of Safe & Happy Motoring.

But off late why there are so many issues in your Aria?
Thanks a lot for your wishes.

Issues were first mainly beacuse of After market camera installation and loose battery terminal connection which lead to fuse blow up of rear parking sensors, rear lights etc.

EGR pipe as shown in the figure was loose dont know how and why, but it is running absolutely fine now.

Another Milestone acheived today in the morning as i have crossed 2000kms mark in just 19 days.[cheers]

Thread Starter #60

Another Landmark Achecived (Runin Period is Over)[clap]

2000 mark.jpg

Would like to try 130+ speeds sometime soon to test the brakes and handling of the vehicle.
I might try Delhi Ajmer Delhi on coming saturday (if time permits me)

Top Bottom