Sold Out My Beloved INNOVA, Now Which Car?

Thread Starter #1
Four days back..

Papa:This car isn't that comfortable and has started giving a lot of troubles too.
I:You sell your Laura or Corolla,but don't you dare to touch my Innova.[anger]
He:This car has gone old,instead of working for us,it is making us working for her.
I:I don't know anything,Innova won't be sold.
He:Uncle is coming to see it within next ten minutes,the car is cleaned up and he is ready to pay some good amount for it.
I took the keys of Innova and went to my friend's house..
At night no food ate by me(actually I ate outside[;)])

Next day..
He:Actually I mean to say,this car has already covered 1 lac kms and is not that reliable now,it will be better if we sell it off.I'll get you a new Innova.
I:We will get its engine overhauled,gear box replacement and all mechanicals replaced.
He:As you wish,but I just wanted to tell you that now I am thinking of buying something big,really big...
I:What?Please repeat it..
He:Our biggest car till date,I sat in a Jetta car yesterday and I liked it.Your uncle is ready to buy the Innova just now but since you love it,so okay,we will keep the Innova itself..Now have some food(this not eating technique is really fruitful)
I:Who Innova?I myself will hand over the keys to whoever is buying this car.
He:Okay..

Now starts the real thread..
After making a list of our priorities and needs,I have ended up deciding that we need a 'CAR',this can be anything an SUV,an MUV or a Sedan.
Priority list:-
1):Running type:It includes city,highway,hills,broken patches and obviously cross country long drives.
2):Monthly running:Somewhere near about 2-4k kms.
3):Needs to have a very comfy rear seat as well as must be good to drive too.
4):Fuel type:Preference is diesel,but if the car is exceptional(Like my Laura TSI)then petrol can also be accepted.
Budget:Start from 12 lacs and go on till 25,its a really very wide range hence no stretching is possible at all.Still it will be better if we try to stick to the lower limit instead of going as high as 25.

Waiting for your opinion guys...

Re: Sold out my beloved INNOVA...now which car?

What do you mean by no stretching is possible at all ?

whole thread shouts Fortuner coming in.!!!

Thread Starter #3

I mean the budget cannot be stretched further..
About Fortuner,I really don't know what will come up.We father-son duo have turned up into the sedan lovers.Now let's see what will come out after both of us will again start harassing sales guys..

If i was in your place, I would buy the Santa Fe. 4x2 costs 27 lacs here & 4x4 costs 29 lakhs here. This would give you the handling & comfort of a sedan (almost) & tackle rough terrains as well. The engine is a stonker, can leave your laura gasping for breath.

If not a penny more than 25 lacs is acceptable, then Fortuner. I would pick the 4x4.

If you have some other car for the broken patches, then look at the Skoda Superb. Superb back seat & loaded with features. Beware of the A.S.S. though, which I feel may not be a huge concern for you.

All said & done, I think you really like the Aria, so I see the Aria coming! Again, The Xover will definitely give you some great advice on this front!

1):Running type:It includes city,highway,hills,broken patches and obviously cross country long drives.SUV's are best
2):Monthly running:Somewhere near about 2-4k kms.Obviously Diesel
3):Needs to have a very comfy rear seat as well as must be good to drive too.Aria,Fortuner
4):Fuel type:Preference is diesel,but if the car is exceptional(Like my Laura TSI)then petrol can also be accepted.See your monthly running average,petrol not recommended.
My replies in Bold
Budget:Start from 12 lacs and go on till 25,its a really very wide range hence no stretching is possible at all.Still it will be better if we try to stick to the lower limit instead of going as high as 25.
Okay so now your list comes from Cruze to Fortuner, you can try for fortuner 4x2 AT it comes below 24lakhs will be good for driving pleasure.

Thread Starter #6

If i was in your place, I would buy the Santa Fe. 4x2 costs 27 lacs here & 4x4 costs 29 lakhs here. This would give you the handling & comfort of a sedan (almost) & tackle rough terrains as well. The engine is a stonker, can leave your laura gasping for breath.
Hmm,Santa-fe is also in my list,actually after working quite hard for a fortnight both of us are now quite free for a week(after that again 20 days of hard work) and hence will carry out our sales-guys harassment program this week itself.
Well the 2.2 unit is having somewhere about 200 bhp and about 40 kgm of torque,enough to pull a hill(no doubt I have never driven a Santa-Fe(but traveled for some kms) so can't comment on its dynamics).Will post the experience as soon as I do it.
About the Laura,dear Raj let me tell you mine is a TSI(Turbocharged Stratified Injection) and TSI means Laura petrol,do I need to say anything else about its performance?This car has eaten up many Mercs(C class),Bimmers(3 series) and Audis(A4s)in her breakfast and spitted them through its tail pipes,so what is Santa for her?

If not a penny more than 25 lacs is acceptable, then Fortuner. I would pick the 4x4.
Actually the limit is strictly set by me only,if we find any car impressive at a lac or two higher than 25,then we will stretch.EXCEPTIONS are made for EXCEPTIONAL things.
Although I have heard that X-Trail is a fantastic SUV and since we are only two in the family so 5 or 7 seater does not play a decision making/breaking role for us.
Anyone who has driven an X-Trail,please comment on its dynamics..

If you have some other car for the broken patches, then look at the Skoda Superb. Superb back seat & loaded with features. Beware of the A.S.S. though, which I feel may not be a huge concern for you.
Same is going in my mind too,Yeti or Superb.but this time it will be my father's choice.I have faith on Skoda A.S.S. as I have got the best of it till date.

All said & done, I think you really like the Aria, so I see the Aria coming! Again, The Xover will definitely give you some great advice on this front!
Being true,today we are going for our first TD and guess which car its going to be?

Okay so now your list comes from Cruze to Fortuner, you can try for fortuner 4x2 AT it comes below 24lakhs will be good for driving pleasure.
Even this is also in our list,in fact here is our list which we both have made till this time:-
1):XUV(I,my father and our chauffy too,all three added this name,a humorous tale it is,will narrate later)
2):Aria[evil](I added this name)
3):Honda Civic.(Not me,but my father added this name to the list)
4):Honda Accord
5):Chevrolet Captiva(Cruze was ruled out by him at the time of buying Corolla itself)
6):Ford Endy.
7):Skoda Laura L&K(Again my father added this car saying,its more luxurious than TSI)
8):Toyota Fortuner.
9):Toyota Camry(Again not by me,will narrate its story later)
10)Skoda Superb:
11):Hyundai Santa Fe.
12):Nissan X-Trail.
13):Skoda Yeti
Right now we have planned to have a look at only these cars in one week,if anything better is there than please feel free to add it to the list.

Last edited:

lxi.

Suspended

The skoda yeti or the endy will suit your needs. I would suggest the yeti as it will give you the Suv look with a less price tag. It is on you that you like its boxy design or not!

Other wise the Ford Endy is coming in all the way!

This is what my priority is in your list:

1. Toyota Camry
2. Mahindra XUV
3. Ford Endy
4. Nissan Xtrail
5 Toyota Fortuner
6 Skoda Superb
7 Hyundai Santa fe.

Nissan X trail is ok but will not fit that exceptional badge to stretch 3 to 4 lacs from your set limit.

Skoda Laura L&K is better looking than Superb. Its automatic, packed with features and has a powerful engine.

Go for T-Fort without any doubts, d4d is the King of all Indian UVs without a shadow of doubt.Also coming from Innova to Fortuner is like going from "Ma" to "Mousi"----all in the family:biggrin::biggrin:.

Nice thread and a nice confusion to have, if u can wait ill add the endeavour 2012 to this list. BMW X1 might fall just outside this list i think.

Thread Starter #13

Nissan X trail is ok but will not fit that exceptional badge to stretch 3 to 4 lacs from your set limit.

Skoda Laura L&K is better looking than Superb. Its automatic, packed with features and has a powerful engine.
As I have previously mentioned,if the car is liked then EXCEPTION can be made and this exception can be upto +/- 10% or in other words from 2.5 to 3 lacs.
About the looks of Laura and Superb,my choice is different from yours,I like the way Superb looks,but when the Accord enters the scene,I am blown.

how a pre owned Montero? or a pre owned 5 series E40
Yes,we have kept the pre-owned route too open.Only problem is that considering our running a Merc or Bimmer or a Mitsubishi can face the A.S.S. issues.

Go for T-Fort without any doubts, d4d is the King of all Indian UVs without a shadow of doubt.Also coming from Innova to Fortuner is like going from "Ma" to "Mousi"----all in the family:biggrin:
This is quite high in our priority list,Friday will be the 'T' day.

Nice thread and a nice confusion to have, if u can wait ill add the endeavour 2012 to this list. BMW X1 might fall just outside this list i think.
TDed the XUV once again,only difference was that this time my father was the judge.In fact the TD itself was a humorous affair for us and will explain it later.X1 is simply in the REJECTED list,my father simply said "If we buy a BMW then we will buy the one which is a true BMW,not these fake ones".Instead I have added CRV to the list.

Current results are:-
Scorpio-Not even touched or seen.
XUV-Yes,this Cheetah has got tick marked and hence it will be competing with others.

Thread Starter #15

In what way did it impress you?
I have already mentioned that judge is my father this time(in fact first time)and he said to tick mark the XUV and what I did was silently followed his words.

If considering, try VLX AT 4x4,will be a good option.
VLX A/T 4X4,is Scorpio really available in 4X4 with an auto gearbox?As much I remember Scorpio 4X4 is only a manual one.[confused]

Top Bottom