Peugeot Motors Re-Entry in Indian Market? (Spyshots Pg.3)

350Z

Core Team
Peugeot scheduled launch plan in India might be delayed since the company has shut down their office in Mumbai and is now re-evaluating scheduling of project. An official statement by Jonathan Goodman, director relations presse, PSA Peugeot Citroen:
The group is currently evaluating the scheduling of the project, which may lead to some adjustments to the schedule as it currently stands.
More information: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-reviews-india-plans/articleshow/11692227.cms

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi
Peugeot also said it would create an automotive skills development institute (ASDI) in partnership with the state government.

"This initiative reinforces Peugeot’s commitment to deliver a globally consistent level of high quality production, products and services to its customers and will contribute to the development of highly skilled automotive manpower in the region," the automaker said.

Not at all a good news.The hatchback was really I was expecting.Now what happens to their plant in Gujarat?

Peugeot India Plans put on Hold

Guys,
Read sometime back that Peugeot's India plans have been shelved for the time being. This is due to the fact that their Europe Operations are not doing well & that has resulted in a fund crunch forcing them to reconsider. Thats a pity considering they have a portfolio of some fantastic looking cars.
have a look...

Cheers

Jazzy

Attachments

Re: Peugeot India Plans put on Hold

IMHO Peugeot would never do well in India. Their strategies are not suited for India(starting with a d-segment car?). Even if they resume their plans, I would not buy one until I'm sure that they won't run away again.

IMHO Peugeot would never do well in India. Their strategies are not suited for India(starting with a d-segment car?). Even if they resume their plans, I would not buy one until I'm sure that they won't run away again.
Hi Crazycat,
There are different types of Branding strategies followed by auto majors all over the world. The type of entry depends on how they want their brand to be perceived in that particular country.
eg: Look at Renault. Their first foray was through a JV with Mahindra which fell through after Logan was a flop(I say this inspite of owning a Logan before). Now after severing ties with Mahindra they launched the Koleos & Fluence- both premium offerings with very less volumes expected. This is called Top down strategy. They are trying their best to come out of the Logan image & are launching premium cars to rub it off. Even the Pulse is 6lacs plus I believe.

Similarly Peugeot thought of establishing its premiumness through the D segment offering & then coming down the ladder. But nothings gonna happen now

Cheers

Jazzy

But this is a company that left its customers stranded and ran away. If they couldn't serve the customer base of a entry level sedan, a D segment car?

If they come up with something like VW, they have a chance.

But this is a company that left its customers stranded and ran away. If they couldn't serve the customer base of a entry level sedan, a D segment car?

If they come up with something like VW, they have a chance.
India is a growth story no one can put aside. Peugeot's plant had also been finalised in Gujrat I believe. They had plans of coming in big time. The import/cbu model will never be successful in India. The budget will further assert this fact. The Govt wants auto majors to pump in money invest & create jobs. VW & maruti have 1000cr plus investments lined up which was on hold due to lack of clarity in diesel taxes (which has been cleared in the budget now). So If you ask me, Peugeot will come all guns blazing when they finally enter India. A hollistic strategy,with a full fledged assembly, pan india dealerships & products with USPs is what is the order of the day...

Cheers
Jazzy

When the peugeot will be launched in India

I have been to Europe, its a common car on road there.
When we'll get it in India? [confused]

New Peugeot 301 headed to India

PSA Peugeot Citroen, Europe’s second largest carmaker, is set to make its Indian debut with the new Peugeot 301. The company doesn’t mention India, but says in its official release that the ‘family car’ has been developed to suit all types of operating conditions like hot and cold climate and poor roads.

The new 301 will be available in both petrol and diesel versions with power ranging from 71bhp to 115bhp. There will be two petrol (1.2L, 1.6L) and one diesel (1.6L) engine options mated to manual or automatic transmission. The 301 will be the second car in the Peugeot range, after the 208, to get the new range of 3-cylinder petrol engines (1.2L VTi).

The car has an overall length of 4.44 metres, offering rear-seat roominess (with 2.65-metre wheelbase) and a boot size of 506 litres. Safety features like ESP, ABS, up to four airbags, emergency brake assist, ISOFIX will also be available.

The new Peugeot 301, produced in Peugeot’s Vigo (Spain), will premiere at the Paris Motor Show. It will be marketed from November 1, 2012 onwards, and Turkey will be its first market. The car is expected in India in 2014.

Source:
New Peugeot 301 headed to India - News - Autocar India

Attachments

Top Bottom