Our Dilemma of Buying a Car!

Thread Starter #31
^^^ Let the Storme & Aria A/T launch first, only then we can know how good the bottom end is. You yourself said the Storme will be launched this year end only, we dont buy cars in year end.

We dont mind trying out a TATA if it is good & fits in our budget. Aria A/T seems to be a good buy but when we got a quote of 17+ Lacs for Aria M/T, I dread to think how the A/T would be priced.

P.S.: Why would I get angry? :-)

Compared to Santa Fe, I feel Fortuner is not VFM. The Santa Fe's engine is it's biggest plus point IMHO.

The 2.5 Lac premium that Hyundai is charging is well worth it.
With a Toyota, you could get your money's worth over a long term, which bigger Hyundais can't do. I don't think Santa fe could match durability of its competition, Chevy may be at par.

Arey Raj bhai...leave aside every thought and go for a Fortuner or a Pajero.Why?

Fortuner:It may seem quite overpriced but then it has got a torquey diesel engine with decent FE.Space is quite good,ride is also okay and at last 'its a Toyota and is very much reliable'.

Pajero:It has got the best road presence,very much reliable,tried and tested product and is really luxurious..

About Santa Fe,I'd say,only one TD was enough for me to reject this car.
Rest you know more than me on any car,so giving you advise is like teaching law to a judge.

Nissan X trail is available at a special price of Rs 20.44 lacs.

You should look at this since for this special price its worth checking.

well vipul i disagree with you over here.

Though fortuner sports a nice engine, but thats a freakin heavy truck plus an auto tranny with only 4 gears , come on it aint 1971!
You pay 25 lakhs and you dont get rear disc brakes! or say a proper suspension.

And for pajero i would say , its like Nokia brings out there old 3310 and sell it with a sticker price of 40,000!
when people ask why? they say come on! Its a Nokia 3310 , THE UNBREAKABLE!

Though fortuner sports a nice engine, but thats a freakin heavy truck plus an auto tranny with only 4 gears , come on it aint 1971!

And for pajero i would say , its like Nokia brings out there old 3310 and sell it with a sticker price of 40,000!
Well,buddy have you ever heard of the fact that "some things don't need any explaination,they are a proof in themselves".Same is with Pajero.
You ahve experience with some fantastic rides and since our style,priorities etc seems to be different and hence our opinions can also be.

OT:The black alloys of your Chevy really look great.

Thread Starter #37
With a Toyota, you could get your money's worth over a long term, which bigger Hyundais can't do. I don't think Santa fe could match durability of its competition, Chevy may be at par.
Hmmm, I am upset about the fact that Fortuner has a 4 speed A/T whereas Hyundai still has not got a test drive Santa Fe, which I could use to convince my bro.

Arey Raj bhai...leave aside every thought and go for a Fortuner or a Pajero.Why?

Fortuner:It may seem quite overpriced but then it has got a torquey diesel engine with decent FE.Space is quite good,ride is also okay and at last 'its a Toyota and is very much reliable'.

Pajero:It has got the best road presence,very much reliable,tried and tested product and is really luxurious..

About Santa Fe,I'd say,only one TD was enough for me to reject this car.
Rest you know more than me on any car,so giving you advise is like teaching law to a judge.
Fortuner. No ways. I dont want a 1980's SUV for 25 Lacs. I agree its a legend but it feels compromised for me. We are not into off roading either.

Maybe you are right about Santa Fe, I still have not got a test drive.

I partly agree with you. Toyota is charging heavily for the brand value. Hyundai even though its a CBU, is still priced closer.

Well,buddy have you ever heard of the fact that "some things don't need any explaination,they are a proof in themselves".Same is with Pajero.
You ahve experience with some fantastic rides and since our style,priorities etc seems to be different and hence our opinions can also be.

OT:The black alloys of your Chevy really look great.
Its not as if i am a pajero hater. Damn its the best vehicle to go dune bashing or say climbing a mountain or wading through rivers.!
All i mean is , everything is getting better over the time, especially cars. So, don't you think you deserve a technologically modern car at a 25 lakh price tag.
We had this model of pajero back in 1996 ! the world moved on a lot since then !

Are you looking for an automatic?

I still wouldn't go for a Hyundai at the price, especially for a long term highway car.

Pajero has nice ride, but it is under-powered for highway use. The asking price is too much for an ancient vehicle.

Well,Raj buddy.Aren't you looking for a sedan?
I think you already own the Scorpio thing and all the diesel cars,so is there any plan for a petrol rocket?

If yes,then why not a Laura TSi?This will fulfill all your desires once you step on gas.Leave the accord or Superb V6 and rest all other cars which come under 30 lacs can be seen at only one place,that is in your ORVM.And with such performance this car offers a great build,decent FE,ride and handling and comfort too.

If a diesel sedan is in your mind then go and get a Superb 2.0 TDI or a Passat 2.0 TDI,both of them are fantastic cars and will simply mesmerize you in the TD itself.No SUV,simply no SUV comes close to these cars and their appeal.

Thread Starter #41
Are you looking for an automatic?

I still wouldn't go for a Hyundai at the price, especially for a long term highway car.

Pajero has nice ride, but it is under-powered for highway use. The asking price is too much for an ancient vehicle.
Yes, diesel A/T is preferred.

+10 about Pajero.

Well,Raj buddy.Aren't you looking for a sedan?
I think you already own the Scorpio thing and all the diesel cars,so is there any plan for a petrol rocket?

If yes,then why not a Laura TSi?This will fulfill all your desires once you step on gas.Leave the accord or Superb V6 and rest all other cars which come under 30 lacs can be seen at only one place,that is in your ORVM.And with such performance this car offers a great build,decent FE,ride and handling and comfort too.

If a diesel sedan is in your mind then go and get a Superb 2.0 TDI or a Passat 2.0 TDI,both of them are fantastic cars and will simply mesmerize you in the TD itself.No SUV,simply no SUV comes close to these cars and their appeal.
No sedans, we dont like sedans. I like my Punto but would still prefer driving a Scorpio in city rather than Punto. I would take out the Punto on highways only!

Secondly, no petrols also. I love diesels. Apart from the efficiency gains, I love the torquier diesels.

Well,buddy being true then if I'd have been at your place then I'd have bought an XUV irrespective of the waiting etc,why?Because it looks like the best deal and most VFM product.About those premium SUVs like Fortuner,Endeavour,Pajero,Santa Fe etc.None of them seems to be worth the price they ask for(Santa Fe is quite near).
Why don't you try to get a W8 4X4 for you or try to search for a used one?

Well,buddy being true then if I'd have been at your place then I'd have bought an XUV irrespective of the waiting etc,why?Because it looks like the best deal and most VFM product.About those premium SUVs like Fortuner,Endeavour,Pajero,Santa Fe etc.None of them seems to be worth the price they ask for(Santa Fe is quite near).
Why don't you try to get a W8 4X4 for you or try to search for a used one?
TSIVipul,

Here, in the case of XUV, its not the waiting but whether you will get it at all is the issue.

Used XUV now!!! No way

Here is one gleaming white XUV in my neighborhood with some UP14 registration with just 4k kms on odo and the person bough it USED!!
So Raj,if there is some village in thich land has been acquired by government or some netaji or contractor' in your knowledge,then you can get a used XUV too.

Top Bottom