Our Dilemma of Buying a Car!

Thread Starter #136
^^^ Yes, Outlander is a 5 seater.

Yesterday evening we went & checked out a used XUV, just for the heck of it. Turned out to be a good car. It was a Dec '11 model, run for only 3000 kms. The car belonged to a neighbour of my dad's friend. He had bought the car for his son who was returning to India from US, but that dint happen. It was a red XUV W6. His car has all the upgrades like infotainment upgrade, transmission oil upgrade & front discs upgrade, as per him. The gear shift did feel a lot smoother when compared to the test drive XUV i drove months back.

But later we rejected the car because -

1) Dad was not too keen on a second hand car.
2) Mom hates red colour.
3) It was a W6 & not W8.
4) He had that "speed" alloys plus lots of chorme fittings all over his car, which we dint like.
5) The car already had a light scratch on rear bumper, he slightly grazed a car while reversing.
6) MOST IMPORTANTLY, the asking price was Rs. 13,50,000/- !!! Because of the huge demand & unavailability of the XUV, he is asking a price which is higher that what he paid for the car! Now that's ridiculous. He claims he already has someone who has offered him Rs. 13.25 Lacs (which again is more than the on-road price of a brand new car) but he is sure he will get Rs. 13.5 Lacs. Please note its a 2011 car & not even a 2012 car. We naturally backed off!

Last edited:
@Raj: The XUV that i had driven for Test drive was MH.14 Registered vehicle, looked like it was a Company vehicle of Mahindra, which had been given to SKS for TD.

The gear shifting was smooth and was engaging without any fuss.

There were 3 XUV's for TD, 2 White & 1 Amazon green.

indeed a good design (audi'ish), hope it takes the CKD route.
While you are waiting Raj why dont you buy the Aria?[:)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom