Our Dilemma of Buying a Car!

Thread Starter #16
^^^

Again an Innova? For 15 Lacs? Nah...

Santa Fe... I wish!

Nissan X-Trail - 5 seater + 31 Lacs on road. With that money, I would buy a BMW or Audi.

Pajero - As i said before, if Scorpio is long in the tooth, the Pajero is a decayed cavity! An expensive one at that.

^^^

Only one car can replace the Innova (if you are upgrading) and it is the mighty Fortuner!!

The character of vehicle, the presence on the road, the styling, the Toyota experience, nothing will come close to it this side of 25L (if that is how much it will cost.) My dear friend, do not pass on it! XUV might have the gizmos, but it is no match to the T-Fort!

^^^

Only one car can replace the Innova (if you are upgrading) and it is the mighty Fortuner!!

The character of vehicle, the presence on the road, the styling, the Toyota experience, nothing will come close to it this side of 25L (if that is how much it will cost.) My dear friend, do not pass on it! XUV might have the gizmos, but it is no match to the T-Fort!
Raj has already pranked , by booking an Fortuner.:biggrin:

Most of the members won't beleive till they see an ownership report.

^^^

Agreed! There are no decent options around. The facelift looks nice too.

I'm sorry, what?? [surprise]

Thread Starter #20
^^^

+10.

[lol]

Agreed! There are no decent options around. The facelift looks nice too.
At 25 Lacs, its quite pricey, for what it offers.

I'm sorry, what?? [surprise]
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/members-lounge/1506-toyota-fortuner-booked-april-fool.html

Xuv has nothing in it for a purchase other than cheetah (read cheetha in Malayalam) marketing. I find new gen scorpio still desirable than XUV.

190 bhp of power in your hands and you are in some good highway. you can do circles around Xuv aria ,safari,fortuner et all. providing best in class interiors.I suggest have a Td of Santa-fe.
When it comes to performance to price ratio Hyundai's are "the modest." you will have peace of mind along with which means "no niggles".
Hey Jayadev buddy I don't agree with this , if you talking about power then take a look at this:

Power(PS@rpm): 122@4000 Scorpio
140@3750 XUV 500

Torque(NM@rpm): 290@1800 Scorpio
330@1600 XUV 500

Now coming back to the exterior and interiors for both the cars than XUV has a much better exterior than Scorpio and talking about interiors i don't think Scorpio stands a chance in front of XUV (No offense to my dear Scorpio Owners). I am not saying that Scorpio is a bad car or so, No it is a nice SUV but agian when somebody is paying so much money he will obviously want something that has good interiors and features. And my friend i think that XUV is far ahead then Scorpio in that case.

Now coming back to the exterior and interiors for both the cars than XUV has a much better exterior than Scorpio and talking about interiors i don't think Scorpio stands a chance in front of XUV (No offense to my dear Scorpio Owners). I am not saying that Scorpio is a bad car or so, No it is a nice SUV but agian when somebody is paying so much money he will obviously want something that has good interiors and features. And my friend i think that XUV is far ahead then Scorpio in that case.
My statement was not based on discrete figures . at times we are left stranded making a decision to buy which car .
If I had to buy it I would go for Scorpio or Thar . I do not prefer "just polished for sale" kind of products. Xuv is too much gleaming for my taste .

if the thread starter has intended to replace his existing Toyota Innova then better ignore Xuv here and jump to something better which will make a big difference. or settle with some pocket friendly alternative -this I believe should be the wisest Idea.

Fortuner is a great buy for the power and road presence but wait there is even mightier beast on the shelf which could take you even further.

One of our client abroad own a santa-fe (many have) So did I have seen its refinement , interiors,quality and ride -it is by far the best in segment .
Xuv and T-fort have to wait ages to come near to Santa-fe.moreover With that much amount of power in hand one will never regret to own a better one for a decade.

My statement was not based on discrete figures . at times we are left stranded making a decision to buy which car .
If I had to buy it I would go for Scorpio or Thar . I do not prefer "just polished for sale" kind of products. Xuv is too much gleaming for my taste .

if the thread starter has intended to replace his existing Toyota Innova then better ignore Xuv here and jump to something better which will make a big difference. or settle with some pocket friendly alternative -this I believe should be the wisest Idea.

Fortuner is a great buy for the power and road presence but wait there is even mightier beast on the shelf which could take you even further.

One of our client abroad own a santa-fe (many have) So did I have seen its refinement , interiors,quality and ride -it is by far the best in segment .
Xuv and T-fort have to wait ages to come near to Santa-fe.moreover With that much amount of power in hand one will never regret to own a better one for a decade.
On that note i have already said earlier that either XUV and Santa Fe. Now we can not compare a 12-14L range car with almost a 25L car buddy. I have driven the Santa Fe here and it is an amazing SUV. I said XUV keeping in mind the range. But if you go further than 14L then yes it has to be Santa Fe.

Hope this is not another prank!

Fortuner may be expensive, but compare it with competition (like Santa Fe, Koleos, Pajero, Outlander, Xtrail, CR-V) it is not that much. Cheaper options like Endeavour is bumpy and impractical, Captiva has no future(New captiva, as well as Trailblazer is coming).

Prices of all cars have gone up, not just Toyota.

A same situation as mine eh? [:)]

If you can convince your brother then definitely get a santa fe, why ? Because even if you shell out 28 Lakhs on an Audi or BMW , you wont get 7 seats! You won't get that SUVish thing. Every pothole in an Audi would scare the hell out of you. And the road presence !!
Its as "Get the hell out of my way " as the T-Fort !

I know its a very silly thing comparing a Hyundai with the germans , but hey this car deserves it.

The new tucson is also a very nice car, but its just a 5 seater.
Can't say what engine we would get in india , but the V6 i drove was not at all pleasing !

Thread Starter #28
If at all, I have to buy a 10.5 Lac Xylo, then why not a Scorpio? [evil]

Hope this is not another prank!

Fortuner may be expensive, but compare it with competition (like Santa Fe, Koleos, Pajero, Outlander, Xtrail, CR-V) it is not that much. Cheaper options like Endeavour is bumpy and impractical, Captiva has no future(New captiva, as well as Trailblazer is coming).

Prices of all cars have gone up, not just Toyota.
Compared to Santa Fe, I feel Fortuner is not VFM. The Santa Fe's engine is it's biggest plus point IMHO.

The 2.5 Lac premium that Hyundai is charging is well worth it.

A same situation as mine eh? [:)]

If you can convince your brother then definitely get a santa fe, why ? Because even if you shell out 28 Lakhs on an Audi or BMW , you wont get 7 seats! You won't get that SUVish thing. Every pothole in an Audi would scare the hell out of you. And the road presence !!
Its as "Get the hell out of my way " as the T-Fort !

I know its a very silly thing comparing a Hyundai with the germans , but hey this car deserves it.

The new tucson is also a very nice car, but its just a 5 seater.
Can't say what engine we would get in india , but the V6 i drove was not at all pleasing !
I am hoping my bro understands this! No test drive car is another issue.

^^^ Koleos is a 5 seater, we strictly needed a 7 seater.
How about the new Safari Storme?Your major grouse with Aria was bottom end grunt but according to our forum member justinsylas TATA have improved the bottom end of Storme.So why not give it a try?

PS: Don't get angry cause I suggested a TATA.That I only did because currently no Mahindra fits your scenario.

How about Aria AT with 400 NM torque.What say?

Top Bottom