New Maruti Alto 800 Now Launched at 2.44 Lakhs

350Z

Core Team
I'm personally not impressed with the exterior design of Cervo, It looks too common like any other and as pointed out earlier, that headlamps resemble to the Beat. However, the interiors are way more spacious than our current 800, Also the quality of plastics seems to be improved.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Single car, lot of opinions!

I like the exteriors of Cervo. Must say better than Ritz & Estilo & has an upmarket feel for the price tag of 2-3 lakhs!

Can even say best looking in this price range.

I don't think Maruti has had a loser since the Versa.
And this has all the hallmarks of a winner!!

350Z

Core Team
NEW Small Car Based on Cervo Coming Up!

According to CNBC, Maruti is launching another (!!) small car in India based on Cervo by this July - August. This small car will be powered by a small 1 Liter KB Series engine and come along with a price tag of Rs.2.75 - 3.25 Lakhs.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I think 800 will be phased out and ALTO will replace that position. This new model will take over ALTO's position. That is the logical thing to do, isn't it?

350Z

Core Team
Shynish, Maruti 800 has been already discontinued in India from 14 Major cities and Alto is likely to be sold alongside with this upcoming new hatch back.

Drive Safe,
350Z

The news i heard on Bloomberg UTV last week was that the new alto is coming with a 1 liter K series engine & it would borrow design cues from the Cervo.
So basically MSIL would sell the current alto & the new alto(cervo) together i think.

350Z

Core Team
While the Alto is doing great in market, Maruti won’t risk to replace it with an all new model. So Yes, It’d continue to sell alongside. But so many hatchbacks (With Slight price variation) = More confusion for buyers. Maruti will probably itself loose the count one day how many hatches they have in the market.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Maruti Suzuki is planning to come up with a Tata Nano rival, which will be powered by a 660cc engine – as against Nano’s 623cc and expected price is Rs.1.5 - 2.0 Lakhs. Again, the question is, Could it be the Cervo? Complete story here.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Its high time, Maruti reveals the name of their small car, else the rumour of Cervo coming to india will gain momentum yet again.

re: New Maruti 800 On The Cards

Got info that Cervo is the next big launch for MS after Swift , it will have a 660cc engine and compete with the Nano. Launch date not yet confirmed though.

AMG

Suspended

Suzuki was the first company to offer a kei car in 1955. One interesting departure from other Kei cars was the Fronte Coupé introduced in September 1971. It was a 2+2 (or a strict 2-seater) Giugiaro-designed mini GT based on the rear-engine Suzuki Fronte, measuring a mere 2995 mm. It used a 359 cc two-stroke engine developing 31, 34 or 37 hp (35 in later models) depending on equipment level. The Fronte Coupé was discontinued in June, 1976, as it didn't suit the new Kei Jidosha limits, nor the stricter emissions regulations. The "Cervo" name used for the replacement comes from the Italian word for deer (cervinae in Latin). The nameplate was retired between 1998 and 2006, and again in March 2010, although it may be revived for the Indian market before the end of the year.

In November 2006, Suzuki reintroduced the Cervo name.[12] The modern, Alto-based Cervo is still a kei car but is much more luxurious than its predecessor. The Cervo originally came equipped with the 658 cc K6A engine (54 hp in the normally aspirated VVT G version, 60 hp in the turbo T and TX version). It is only available as a five-door with a four-speed automatic (with a manual mode in the turbo cars), and is marketed as a more masculine alternative to the MR Wagon. The nicer grade Cervos came with keyless entry and Bluetooth. In June 2007 a G Limited normally aspirated model was added, with the fourteen-inch alloys and rear spoiler of the TX.
In October 2007, the Cervo received the Good Design Award, and the SR version was introduced. This had a new, 64 hp direct injection turbo engine and a seven-step CVT transmission, the first time for such a combination to be available. With front wheel drive, this car achieved a remarkable 23.0 km/l (54 mpg) on the test cycle. The Cervo also received some minor updates across the line, with new liquid seal engine mounts and suspension changes. In May 2008 the range received more minor updates, with new colors being added and a new limited edition model, the G Limited II, which featured alcantara interior and a sporty exterior. Other models received new aero parts and other equipment, gas discharge headlights were now available on the SR.

In May 2009, the Cervo received its most recent upgrade. The T model was discontinued, the TX received the "aero" front dam of the SR while the gas mileage of the G version was improved to meet the 15% gas mileage improvement goals for Japanese fiscal year 2010. The very efficient SR is the only turbocharged Kei car to qualify for the lower tax grades for especially environmentally friendly vehicles, combining this with being the most powerful version. The Cervo was discontinued by Suzuki during March 2010.
I guess that should kill all the speculation.

Source: Wikipedia

I think the above thing is abroad. We Indians are used to get discontinued models aren't we?

I am very sure the Cervo will come to India because the person who gave me the info sounded very confident!

AMG

Suspended

@ cool

I am sharing a few facts about the Cervo

1: It was a japan specific model
2: It came with only an 660 cc model in order to confirm with kei car standards.

In Japan, the WagonR, the Estilo and the Cervo are all priced the same, and all come with the same 660 cc engine.(wikipedia)

So expecting this to launch at 1 lakh or 2 lakh, and with 660 cc engine doesn't seem to be logical, because neither did the wagonR, nor did the estilo, nor will the Cervo

Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom