New Maruti Alto 800 Now Launched at 2.44 Lakhs

re: New Maruti 800 On The Cards

Okay , you yourself have given me the answer! The Estilo and WagonR were not launched at 2Lakhs because they did not have a 660cc engine here in India! And in Japan they were priced similar because they had the same engine. Hope you got me?

Anyways i am not jumping to any conclusions , lets wait for the official news!

AMG

Suspended

@ cool

Since Maruti deemed it appropriate to swap the 660 cc engines for the 1 Litre engines in the Estilo and WagonR, I see no reason why they would not do it with the Cervo.

AMG

Suspended

Maruti Cervo - expected in October2011

This small car from Maruti is expected to do well specially since it has received good response in Japan.

Once launched the sporty, sleek Maruti Cervo would replace Maruti 800.

The 660cc petrol driven car would deliver 60 bhp of power and 64Nm of torque.

The car is expected to be priced between Rs 150,000 and Rs 200,000 with a four-speed manual transmission.

A sleek body line, coupled with eye-shaped head lights and a Honeycomb radiator grille would surely make it a big hit just like Maruti 800.

The car is expected to offer a mileage of 20 to 24kmpl.

Source: CarDekho

AMG

Suspended
Re: Maruti 800 to make a comeback

Maruti has been secretly working on the 800’s replacement and these exclusive spy pics show what the new Maruti 800 will look like. Like the current 800, this all-new car will slot in below the Alto and is in fact based on the existing Alto platform. The 800 will be powered by the same 796cc three-cylinder motor (F8D) from the Alto which has been modified to meet the latest emission norms. The new 800 is expected to have all-new interiors and will be a little bit more spacious than before.
Maruti is targeting a sub-Rs 2-lakh price for the new Maruti 800 to distance it from the Alto by at least Rs 40,000 and put it smack into Nano territory.

For the full story and more detailed images, read the August issue of Autocar India
Source and more details: August issue of Autocar India

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

The tall boy structure reminds me of Cervo but the shape of head lights is a bit different and more angular.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Err why are these threads merged now? Is that scoop the Cervo? Cervo is M800 replacement?

New Maruti 800 on the cards

Maruti has been secretly working on the 800’s replacement. Like the current 800, this all-new car will slot in below the Alto and is in fact based on the existing Alto platform. The 800 will be powered by the same 796cc three-cylinder motor (F8D) from the Alto which has been modified to meet the latest emission norms. The new 800 is expected to have all-new interiors and will be a little bit more spacious than before.

Maruti is targeting a sub-Rs 2-lakh price for the new Maruti 800 to distance it from the Alto by at least Rs 40,000 and put it smack into Nano territory.

Hurrah the best seller is coming back probably in a new avatar and might hit the market in 2012.

* Source: Autocar

Last edited:
Re: New Maruti 800 on the cards

"The Car" for the indian public is all ready to make a comeback, this is quite a news man. I feel that there is still some life left in this tiny warrior and Maruti is making a right move by bringing it back. It might not be as modern looking as Nano but I am pretty if priced right this will beat Nano in terms of sales numbers.

AMG

Suspended

I just bought and read the entire article, and ACI says it is NOT the cervo.

So Vibhor, de-merge the topics?

Top Bottom