My PULSARmania...from 200 to 220.

Thread Starter #32
Re: rear brakes

apache mirrors can be fitted in the place of default mirrors.i guess a little juggad needs to be done.try googling the same.
i shall send a pm to you soon.
Hmm, tried it out and then I found that the stock ones are okay. Though they vibrate but still they look good and I can live with them, though they are just acceptable but still, I think they can be lived with.

I feel that the rear brakes on the 220 is almost non existent, or is it just me and tsvipul please post some pics of yr beast
Hmm, depends..at speeds above 60 kph the rear brakes of nearly every bike are like non existent and with bikes like Pulsar 220 whose most of the weight is concentrated in front the rear brakes feel even less responsive and are more prone to get locked if no pillion is present(hehe, though my 80% times pillion rider is light in weight). Hehe, front brake works good(for throwing pillion rider on me) when needed and that's enough for me!![;)]
Pics are on page no. 1 and more will come up as soon as I do any other trip, I have already started riding again so any day I can make a quick 2 wheeled trip, after that I'll update the thread with pics.

The rear disk brakes on my 220 are too good, except for the locking most of the time but I am used to it[glasses].
Well, I am quite used to those brakes and I always apply them in a very progressive manner instead of sudden depression. I guess you should try this way. Rest since I always front + rear combo so rear brake is applied with very less force and front with more.

This is common with heavy bikes equipped with both disc brakes.In ZMR the rear brake is not effective as front one.To avoid skidding and for effective braking apply both brakes in progressive manner with a ratio front to rear as 60:40.

Thread Starter #34
@Ertiga:
What FE does your ZMR deliver in city and on highways?
Kindly throw the light on your riding style and speeds too if possible. Also I guess ZMR has no issues with RVMs like 220 has. Right?

Thread Starter #36
^^A friend of mine tried it and he said that his 220's top end and I think mid range too got better but at the same time he started complaining about reduced FE.

BTW, guys what FE you people get out of your 220's and what are the pros and cons of the bike in your views?
I am happy, finally I got a couple of riders!![:D]

I thought FE increases with K&N, probably your friend started revving hard to hear the roar[;)]. I also read from reviews the sound doesn't change much with the K&N filter exclusively for 220 when compared to regular K&N's. Is it true?

I am getting an average of 38-40 with rash riding.

Currently very happy with my 220 except for the low GC due to the center stand..

Yeah, passion for riding never dies[cheers]

Thread Starter #38
I thought FE increases with K&N, probably your friend started revving hard to hear the roar[;)]. I also read from reviews the sound doesn't change much with the K&N filter exclusively for 220 when compared to regular K&N's. Is it true?
Hmmm, he played a lot with it and finally returned back to stock one. I guess I can try one, but my running is very low to notice the difference. I hardly cover 400-500 kms per month.

I am getting an average of 38-40 with rash riding.
Same here, till date the FE recorded varies from 40-45 overall with 75%+ highway runs at speeds like 90-100-110 max.

Currently very happy with my 220 except for the low GC due to the center stand..
No doubt, overall the bike is exceptional, especially at high speed stability.

Yeah, passion for riding never dies[cheers]
+100[clap]

@Ertiga:
What FE does your ZMR deliver in city and on highways?
Kindly throw the light on your riding style and speeds too if possible. Also I guess ZMR has no issues with RVMs like 220 has. Right?
Vipul Bhai, this is my 4th bike and I really love the comfort of the riding and refinement of Engine.This is not a racing bike but a proper tourer where you will never feel tired.

One suggestion: Try to get a branded helmet I mean not VEGA,VOLGA or Studds. This time I got LS2 Helmet which is light and weight is evenly distributed unlike VEGA Boolean series. At high speed also you will not feel wind pressure. VEGA Boolean I used for 2 years and it was one of the crappiest helmet.

Earlier I was riding Pulsar150 which is a good and reliable bike and can do all wonder what other 200cc bikes can do.

Pros of ZMR:
1: Very comfort riding- no backache or neck pain.
2: Smooth Engine
3: FE : Always 40+ day one , may be I gave up 2Stroke style riding.
4: Since I have white one it is a quite head turner, even after 1 year people( middle age) ask about it price.

Cons:
1: Too much fairing, I like simple look.
2: Costly to maintain when compared with Pulsar.
e.g: Disc brake pads costs Rs1300 and will last for 7k-10K KM run.

Thread Starter #40
Vipul Bhai, this is my 4th bike and I really love the comfort of the riding and refinement of Engine.This is not a racing bike but a proper tourer where you will never feel tired.
Hmm, many people misunderstand the ZMR as a racing bike but no doubt, no other bike..especially the 220 is nowhere near Karizma or ZMR if comfort is considered.

One suggestion: Try to get a branded helmet I mean not VEGA,VOLGA or Studds. This time I got LS2 Helmet which is light and weight is evenly distributed unlike VEGA Boolean series. At high speed also you will not feel wind pressure. VEGA Boolean I used for 2 years and it was one of the crappiest helmet.
I am using a Studds Ninja, actually I seldom ride. Will look for a new helmet.

Earlier I was riding Pulsar150 which is a good and reliable bike and can do all wonder what other 200cc bikes can do.
Hehe, no doubt Pulsar series is really a different breed.

Pros of ZMR:
1: Very comfort riding- no backache or neck pain.
2: Smooth Engine
3: FE : Always 40+ day one , may be I gave up 2Stroke style riding.
4: Since I have white one it is a quite head turner, even after 1 year people( middle age) ask about it price.
Very valid points these are and FE sounds to be fantastic. First two points are well observed by me and third is as per the friend who owns but he says "35-40 max". But then riding style makes a lot of difference.

Cons:
1: Too much fairing, I like simple look.
2: Costly to maintain when compared with Pulsar.
e.g: Disc brake pads costs Rs1300 and will last for 7k-10K KM run.
No doubt, the spares of Karizma are really on the costlier side. But then for those INR 1300 you get a very much progressive and confidence inspiring braking as compared to 220.

Thread Starter #42
This one is with a friend now and Red Bull is on rampage with more than 28000 kms covered in 14 months. Will be updating the relevant thread shortly.

Hi I Was too thinking of buying a used Pulsar 220, but was afraid of the fuel milage of the bike, 45 seems to be a good figure. How much do you get in city riding conditions.

Thread Starter #44
Hi I Was too thinking of buying a used Pulsar 220, but was afraid of the fuel milage of the bike, 45 seems to be a good figure. How much do you get in city riding conditions.
If you can find some good example with less kilometers on odo or a well maintained motorcycle then its fine.
This motorcycle is quite expert in eating tyres and clutch plates and if you find one with 25-30k kms on odo then you may need to pay some money for maintenance too.

Rest FE of P220 is quite good and you can easily expect 35 kpl in city and 40-45 kpl on highway, just if you don't rev it like hell.

Here is my ownership review and I will be updating it shortly, I hope you will find the answers to your questions there.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...red-bull-rampage-my-pulsar-220-19500-kms.html

Since its a used bike and hence as we say "MINOR ISSUES COME HANDY WITH USED VEHICLES",So here are some of them(These pics were taken at the time of delivery.All issues rectified now,bike still resting in service station as I am in short of free time):
Genuine problem with Bajaj Pulsar.

Top Bottom