My Precious Blue Diamond: Tata Nexon XZA+ AMT D

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Very nice and clean and shiny. Just the way I like it.
Very good. You could have posted in the tool thread. This post of yours will be very popular if some pictures are put in My tools

Last edited:
Thread Starter #183
Blue Diamond is in Concorde, Mysore Road, Bangalore since 3 days. [sad] A few days ago, I opened the bonnet for cleaning. I heard an abnormal humming sound coming from the engine bay at idling, which I didn't hear earlier. Since the fourth paid service was due, I drove to Concorde on 07/11 Thursday morning after getting the appointment. The SA too agreed with me about the humming sound. After examining further, he informed me that they had referred the matter to Tata Motors as it required their prior approval for warranty claims. I returned home with the job card. Yesterday 08/11, I was told that Tata Motors instructed them to test it with a spare turbo and observe for the sound. The update today 09/11 was that it was tested and the humming sound did not come. Concorde sent a report to Tata Motors about the outcome of the test. The SA informed me that after getting the approval from Tata Motors, he would place indent for the parts under warranty. The work is expected to be completed by next week only. I am missing my B Diamond. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Screenshot_2019-11-09-19-37-41-19_34d012c03a409ceffd67ec426b3fe567.png

Last edited:

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
That is concerning. I hope it's nothing major. Thankfully the car is in warranty. So that is covered.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #187
Just now, the SA called me to inform that the replacement of turbocharger under warranty is approved by Tata Motors and order has been placed for that; if the part is available in Bangalore, I would get the car by tomorrow evening. Otherwise, another 4-5 days delay is expected. Since it is a costly part and rarely replaced, it may not be readily available in stock with Concorde or the other dealers, he said. So, I am continuously keeping my fingers crossed. With Blue Di parked in the home even if I don't take it out for days together, I feel normal. With Blue Di parked at the service centre several km away from me, I can't help feeling depressed. [sad]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Just now, the SA called me to inform that the replacement of turbocharger under warranty is approved by Tata Motors and order has been placed for that; if the part is available in Bangalore, I would get the car by tomorrow evening. Otherwise, another 4-5 days delay is expected. Since it is a costly part and rarely replaced, it may not be readily available in stock with Concorde or the other dealers, he said.
Sir, it is indeed disheartening to know that your car suffered such critical component failure that too quite early. As for the availability of the component is concerned, even in my car the under warranty clutch cylinder replacement took about 2-3 days as the part had to be ordered and not readily available. Sir, if you may let me know that whether the under warranty replacements do have any impact on the re-sale value of the car because at the time of selling it off, the buyer checks the history of service etc and in that if the under warranty replacements are mentioned then what?

So, I am continuously keeping my fingers crossed. With Blue Di parked in the home even if I don't take it out for days together, I feel normal. With Blue Di parked at the service centre several km away from me, I can't help feeling depressed.
Absolutely Sir. I relate with your feelings. When my car was at the ASC for the clutch cylinder replacement I too was nervous and uneasy even though the ASC was just 15-20 minutes away from my home. I would suggest you to visit the service center and have a look when the new turbo would be fixed in your car. It would give you added peace of mind. Also if possible do share some snaps of the component concerned.

Regards
Akash

Just now, the SA called me to inform that the replacement of turbocharger under warranty is approved by Tata Motors and order has been placed for that; if the part is available in Bangalore, I would get the car by tomorrow evening. Otherwise, another 4-5 days delay is expected. Since it is a costly part and rarely replaced, it may not be readily available in stock with Concorde or the other dealers, he said. So, I am continuously keeping my fingers crossed. With Blue Di parked in the home even if I don't take it out for days together, I feel normal. With Blue Di parked at the service centre several km away from me, I can't help feeling depressed. [sad]
I would take this part failure/niggle in a positive way, you detected this at home, and not during your travels.
I've read scary stories of the TUV 3OO where customers with families stranded on Highway for turbo and other failures.
Let's hope and pray TML have done a through diagnosis of the humming sound.
All the best.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
read scary stories of the TUV 3OO where customers with families stranded on Highway for turbo and other failures.
Mostly they were AMT failures. TUV AMT was very badly paired with the car. It was very bad experience for all the AMT owners.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #192
Turbo kaput at such an early stage of ownership?
Blue Di has run for less than 27 k km only. And this turbo failure. Even my first thought was like that.
Please ask them the root cause of this. Is it manufacturing defect.
The SA doesn't know. I even cross-examined him with questions like whether it was turbo-whistle that I used to hear in XUV 500 in higher rpms. He was emphatic that it was not turbo-whistle. It was an abnormal humming sound at idling, which should not be there. The SA was of the opinion that it originated from the turbocharger and not from other parts like alternator. He did not hear similar humming at idling from the other Nexons.
You will get atleast some answers.
He advised me to go for complete replacement of turbocharger under warranty as per their protocol.
Sir, if you may let me know that whether the under warranty replacements do have any impact on the re-sale value of the car because at the time of selling it off, the buyer checks the history of service etc and in that if the under warranty replacements are mentioned then what?
Possible in the short term. But, nil or very less impact in the long-term, say 5 years or more, IMO.
I would take this part failure/niggle in a positive way, you detected this at home, and not during your travels.
I never opened the bonnet in the 7,669 km-long Chennai>Sach Pass>Ladakh>Chittorgarh>Bangalore drive as there was no need. Perhaps, the humming noise at idling might have originated during that long drive. Even after reaching home, the first time when I opened the bonnet for cleaning the engine bay, the engine was off. Then, after a couple of weeks, when I fixed the clamps of the portable pump cable with the battery terminals to inflate the tyres with the engine idling, I heard that abnormal humming noise for the first time. [cry]
Let's hope and pray TML have done a through diagnosis of the humming sound.
I too hope so.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Did you notice any recent loss of power and pickup prior to all this? Was there poor fuel efficiency seen any time in the last two months?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #195
Ravi Sir, let them also change all the hoses, clamps etc pertaining to the turbo charger, as a peace of mind.
Yes, I told the SA regarding this.
Did you notice any recent loss of power and pickup prior to all this? Was there poor fuel efficiency seen any time in the last two months?
The answer is 'No' to both the questions. The actual tankful-to-tankful FE was 16.81 kmpl as against the MID figure, 22.3 for my recent Sach Pass>Ladakh trip - the best one recorded on Leh>Diskit>Hunder>Turtuk>Hunder being 25.3 - even deducting 5 kmpl for correction, the actual worked out to 20 kmpl - which was normal for Blue Di. The only change I observed was the humming noise at idling.
Itinerary.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom