My Precious Blue Diamond: Tata Nexon XZA+ AMT D

But, 12.5 L seems little pricey. Any idea, sir, from what price the AMT Diesel version of Nexon starts in terms of on road price?

Thanks and Regards
Kumar
Hi Kumar,

I think you're talking about the top of the line XZA variant of Nexon. Tata has recently launched diesel automatic in XMA variant as well. I think the price should cost somewhere around 10.5 lakhs OTR Chennai for XMA Nexon.

If you want something in lower budget, you can also have a look at the newly launched Honda Amaze S CVT. It will cost somewhere around 9.7 lakhs OTR Chennai.

On a side note: Just my humble suggestion, please take a look at petrol automatics as well(Assuming you haven't done the math). You can get it for half the price of diesel automatic and save the rest for petrol prices. Should you buy a diesel, I'm sure you'll break even only after 60 or 70k Kms.

Cheers!

Hearty Congratulations Ravi sir.

I too am a fan of AMT's as I badly need one for my wife, as she's too bad with manual transmissions, whereas she's very comfortable with automatic tranny's, even be it a D segmenter.

In affordability point of view, AMT is my only reach as of now. And my next upgrade should be something which I can drive without having to worry about the sky rocketing petrol prices ( I currently own Santro Xing 2013 Petrol GL Plus, having clocked 31.5k in 64 months usage).

So when Diesel and an affordable automatic has to be together, choices are too limited. I can start counting from Swift D AMT/ Ignis D AMT/ Tata Zest D AMT and now Nexon AMT Diesel.

Someone in this forum said Orange is his favorite color. Yes mine too and it is real sexy and gorgeous to drive a compact SUV from an Indian manufacturer in that orange shade.

I would very humbly request you to keep updating this thread as and when you have time from your tight schedules and business. I may be a future owner of one.

But, 12.5 L seems little pricey. Any idea, sir, from what price the AMT Diesel version of Nexon starts in terms of on road price?

Thanks and Regards
Kumar
Nexon is now available in XM AMT variant as well and may well fit under your budget. I would sincerely suggest diesel AMT if your running is 1000kms or higher as Mileage difference would be substantial and driveability too with stunning 260NM under the belt.

Thread Starter #33
Zaap Phone Holder And Elegant 3D Diamond Floor Mats

Although Android Auto is good for online Google Maps, I am unable to mirror the offline NaviMaps from my phone. So, I bought Zaap phone holder from amazon.in, costing ₹ 1,399, so that I can access both the online and offline maps, while driving.

DSC09381.JPG
DSC09389.JPG
DSC09399.JPG
DSC09405.JPG
DSC09407.JPG
DSC09413.JPG

The free rubber floor mats given by the dealer did not cover fully. So, I bought Elegant 3D Diamond floor mats from the manufacturer, costing ₹ 5,994. Today, I received them.

DSC09417.JPG
DSC09420.JPG
DSC09421.JPG
DSC09425.JPG
DSC09426.JPG
DSC09427.JPG
DSC09430.JPG
DSC09433.JPG
DSC09429.JPG

Congratulations.
Thanks a lot, ticken.

Sheet metal thickness of the Nexon is reassuring I guess.
Very much. I hear the solid thud sound, whenever I close a door.

Congratulations sir . Superb review
Thank you so much, suryars.

How accurate is the MID? Have heard people saying it shows 4-5 kmpl more . Is it any better in the AMT model ?
Will check and report here after my highway drive.

Wow!! An excellent review sir of your new possession.
Thanks a lot for the wishes and appreciation, mukeshus.

Hearty Congratulations
Thank you so much, Kumar_CarFreak.

Thread Starter #36
They says you can do 'Wet cleaning' - Does they mean 'washable' or only clean by wet clothes?
They are sturdy PVC mats. I had washed many times the PVC 3D mats in my ex-XUV 500.

3D mats look very sturdy and durable... And expensive, the Oem mats are rubbish as seen on the TD cars.
I fully agree with you, Vinod. [:)]

Re: Zaap Phone Holder And Elegant 3D Diamond Floor Mats

The free rubber floor mats given by the dealer did not cover fully. So, I bought Elegant 3D Diamond floor mats from the manufacturer, costing ₹ 5,994. Today, I received them.
Sir, you've got some nice looking and durable mats there. Apart from aesthetics, any reason for choosing 3D mats over noodles mat? Just curious to know.

Cheers!

Thread Starter #39
Re: Zaap Phone Holder And Elegant 3D Diamond Floor Mats

Apart from aesthetics, any reason for choosing 3D mats over noodles mat?
My ex-XUV 500 had 3D PVC mats. They were sturdy, durable, washable and easy to clean. So, as the saying goes, known devil is better than the unknown angel, I preferred 3D PVC mats for my new Blue Di too. [:)]

Congratulations sir on your purchase of this beautiful looking car. Your threads are so detailed & well explained so going to give this thread a 5 star.
Wishing you a very happy & safe driving for years to come.

Thread Starter #43
Blue Di visited two Vinayaka temples at Pillayarpatti and Pondicherry on 25 July 2018, covering a total distance of 909.1 km. We - 5 adults and 2 kids - left at 3:30 am and returned at 10 pm. Blue Di got drenched in the rain near Pondicherry and became dirty.

RouteMap.jpg
DSC09445.JPG

I used all the 3 drive modes, but felt that eco mode is insufficient for overtaking as it takes time to complete the task. I like city and sport modes more than eco.

DSC09450.JPG
DSC09452.JPG

I used online Google Maps using Android Auto. But, it got disconnected and reconnected a few times. So, I used my favourite offline NaviMaps from my phone for the return journey.

DSC09455.JPG
MID25072018.jpg

Blue Di went for the first free service at TAFE Access at Thousand Lights, near my home on 27 July 2018. I complained of sound coming from the steering, which was set right. I was charged ₹ 354 for consumables.

Spot on, and the better option
Thanks, Vinod.

Wishing you a very happy & safe driving for years to come.
Thank you, vdm295.

Blue Di visited two Vinayaka temples at Pillayarpatti and Pondicherry on 25 July 2018, covering a total distance of 909.1 km. We - 5 adults and 2 kids - left at 3:30 am and returned at 10 pm. Blue Di got drenched in the rain near Pondicherry and became dirty.

View attachment 246566
View attachment 246567

I used all the 3 drive modes, but felt that eco mode is insufficient for overtaking as it takes time to complete the task. I like city and sport modes more than eco.

View attachment 246568
View attachment 246569

I used online Google Maps using Android Auto. But, it got disconnected and reconnected a few times. So, I used my favourite offline NaviMaps from my phone for the return journey.

View attachment 246570
View attachment 246571

Blue Di went for the first free service at TAFE Access at Thousand Lights, near my home on 27 July 2018. I complained of sound coming from the steering, which was set right. I was charged ₹ 354 for consumables.

Thanks, Vinod.

Thank you, vdm295.
Love the picturesque travelogue sir, and your car with a temple or a nice architecture in the background has your signature mark, and ofcource the route map, like a good teacher well explained.

The afe your blue diamond is getting is very encouraging, and that too before the first service.

Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom