My New Honda City in White - The Albus

Hi,
There's a pre-worshipped 2012 Honda City with cruise control in my family. I have used cruise control it whenever I could . Off late, I am unable to set the cruise control (at 60kmph+ speeds) after switching on cruise control; in other words cruise control does not work for an unknown reason. Anybody here who has face a similar experience at some point, please let me know what it could be.

Thread Starter #2,028

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
@Ronello
I have no experience with CC and I would request our forum friends to share their experience @ help. However, I have noted this online:
Cruise Control Not Working? (Here’s How to Fix it). Please go through in case if you have not visited earlier. Thank You for visiting this thread.

@dentistbijoy
Happy to note Doctor, Thank you very much.
Regards,
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #2,029

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Hi,
There's a pre-worshipped 2012 Honda City with cruise control in my family. I have used cruise control it whenever I could . Off late, I am unable to set the cruise control (at 60kmph+ speeds) after switching on cruise control; in other words cruise control does not work for an unknown reason. Anybody here who has face a similar experience at some point, please let me know what it could be.
Would like to share some more information, hope, might help you.

There is a discussion about this issue in international Honda forum. It is felt, the reason for cruise getting missed /cancelled is due to malfunctioning clutch (fitment /slippage), that is also reflected as error code $0400 in ECM readings.

This happens due to clutch slippage which affects engine speed and vehicle overall speed. As ECM controls the overall vehicle speed, engine speed, throttle opening during Cruse Control mode any sudden variation in engine speed (+ or -), the ECM would relate it to as clutch being pressed, and cancel the cruise mode.

Recommended to inspect the clutch plate, Flywheel dimension and fitment.

Also read this thread in TAI FORUM, might be interesting to you.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Thread Starter #2,031

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
Reflections ...

Years before, during 2013 , my membership application was rejected by another Auto Forum for the reason known to them (insufficient information) and I was advised to try again.

I was disgruntled and didn't try again.

Instead, I explored a best alternative, I was welcomed by a brighter, colourful , significantly more organised platform - The Automotive India – Fuel For Petrol Heads
loved by it's members as TAI ( a.k.a. 'Mother' in my mother tongue)

I just shared and started writing about my ALBUS ,the Honda City car that I most admired. I was so much encouraged by the Core Team and fellow forum members.

I never even expected that this thread would cross so many milestones and withstand as one of the top 3 threads, recorded with more than 8 lakhs views.

I would like to share my heartfelt appreciation and gratitude to CRACING for his significant contributions and, to 350Z for his extraordinary support to extend the thread's life despite the ALBUS is no more with us.

Thanks dear @ CRACING for being with this thread as always.

When I look into my Grey IGNIS, it makes me to remember CRACING 's Grey Honda City that is still young, beautiful and well cared...

With Warm Regards
Dr MUDHAN.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2,032

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
REPAIR / MAINTENANCE / MODIFICATIONS OF HONDA CITY 2009

I understand, the following previous postings here over the captioned subject of @CRACING has been moved to a New Thread as an Exclusive Thread by the Core Team to encourage him.

If anyone comes to this thread for the following topics, kindly look at the respective links:

Honda City 2009 : Taillights Replacement

Honda City 2009 : Engine Oil Change

Honda City 2009 : Fin Rear Bumper Diffuser

Honda City 2009 : Exide Mileage ML38B20L 35AH Battery

Honda City 2009 : OSRAM LEDriving H4 Bulbs

Honda City 2009 : Sulfar T10 LED Bulbs

Honda City 2009 : Liqui Moly MAF Sensor Cleaner

Honda City 2009 : DIY Mobile Holder to suit HU area.

Honda City 2009 : Door Weather Strips Replacement

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Top Bottom