My Honda Brio UT EMT: Made for Me

Looks pretty bare bones inside but the good thing is that the quality of interiors is still better than the more expensive Liva. You should seriously have gone in for a double DIN stereo head - it would have looked much better and also would have given some much needed oomph factor to your Brio's interiors. Anyways, the engine's a gem and would keep you thoroughly entertained on all drives short or long. Hope you have a good time with this gutsy littly car.

Thread Starter #32
Looks pretty bare bones inside but the good thing is that the quality of interiors is still better than the more expensive Liva. You should seriously have gone in for a double DIN stereo head - it would have looked much better and also would have given some much needed oomph factor to your Brio's interiors. Anyways, the engine's a gem and would keep you thoroughly entertained on all drives short or long. Hope you have a good time with this gutsy littly car.
Even I was thinking of getting double DIN HU but need to pay another 10k for something decent. Moreover I never though before installation that it will look like this. [surprise]
Will go for that something later probably in an year or so. :)

& by the way this is base Model EMT, interior of other models are much better.
Posted these pictures as others want to know how EMT cabin looks like.

Last edited:
Looks like she served you well during the trip and she definately deserves a nice inside out clean up [:)]. There is nothing much to go wrong with this, she will serve you well and love you back.
Yes it begs for a double din

Thread Starter #35
Indeed signs of a long run ! Give her a total clean up. But, how come so much dust on top of the dashboard?
Signs of Thunderstorm, which I faced... :)

So much dust given to the fact that windows where closed most of the time.

Going to give it for first servicing in a day or two, showing 775 Kms done.

Thread Starter #36
Gave car for 1st free service on 27 April.
They did cleanup & normal checkup only in the first service. Cost of service was zero.

Service was done at Prime Honda, Anasal Plaza, Vaishali.

I asked the sevice assistant to check for the AC, they got it checked & assured me everything is normal.

Thread Starter #37
Service update got delayed as I wasn't feeling good since the time I got it serviced reason being a small accident which happens when I was coming back from the service station.

I was trying to take a left on the main and so was the truck guy.

I stopped completely because suddenly a shared auto came and stopped in a way that I wasn't able to move ahead and this truck guy also stopped.

After a few seconds this truck guy moved inch by inch and touched driver side ORVM. I was pissed off but didn't go out as I found OVRM is fine & road rage is too much in NCR.

It was only after reaching home i realize that the tyre has made a dead in my car... :(

Its really a big pain to see your new car with a dent. [frustration]

Attachments

Thread Starter #38
Not sure what to do with the dent, was thinking of get it out from some local shop.

Here are few other updates:
1) Got extended warranty done for 2 years by paying Rs 4900/- . Got it done this time as service guy informed me that if I get it done after 2 months of purchase I need to pay 5450 instead of 4900.
2) I did a mileage check using full tank to full tank method. Got 13.3 in the first full tank and 14.8 in the next(include Delhi-Mathura trip of 375 kms).

It is sad to hear about the accident :frown:

Please update us on the repair cost of the work. I am keeping a keen eye on your thread to help me in decision making :P

I think you should get single din adapter with din pocket as it looks nice with your headunit.

You can ask from installer or Honda dealer for single din adapter as changing headunit cost a lot.

Hi Naveen, I'm in line to get a Brio, but was not too thrilled about the air-conditioning during the test drive, I see you have mentioned the lack of ideal cooling too...do you find it better after your 1st service? This and the lack of a rear shield wiper/defogger is what I can think of as the downside to the Brio.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Naveen, I'm in line to get a Brio, but was not too thrilled about the air-conditioning during the test drive, I see you have mentioned the lack of ideal cooling too...do you find it better after your 1st service? This and the lack of a rear shield wiper/defogger is what I can think of as the downside to the Brio.
Hey rookiedriver,

I find the AC cooling in my Brio to be excellent. As a matter of fact I find it better than my friends i20.. I don't have any tints and I need to go down from blower speed 2 to 1 after 5-10 mins of driving to and fro from office.

Infact that was one of my decisive points against BEAT.

And very hot here in Gurgaon... So I don't think that should be an issue.[:)]

Thread Starter #44
Hi Rookiedriver,

I had AC checked in the first service, they told me its working fine.

My perception of AC was deeply affected by powerful AC of Force Traveler on which I commute to my office & before shifted to Delhi in Bangalore I hardly used AC.

Thread Starter #45
Hey rookiedriver,

I find the AC cooling in my Brio to be excellent. As a matter of fact I find it better than my friends i20.. I don't have any tints and I need to go down from blower speed 2 to 1 after 5-10 mins of driving to and fro from office.

Infact that was one of my decisive points against BEAT.

And very hot here in Gurgaon... So I don't think that should be an issue.[:)]
Hi Sudeep,

Do you redirect A/C vents to your face as I don't feel comfortable like that.
May be I am expecting AC to cool entire cabin too fast.

Top Bottom