My Honda Brio UT EMT: Made for Me

From my perspective the A/C is good ( Iam actually comparing it with my friend's i10 which also does a similar job in cooling effectiveness). The only time I was disappointed was when I kept my car in SUN for a long time and then when i took it out (my parents were also there in car), it took some time for cooling to be felt and I had to keep the blower speed to 3 continuously for about 10 to 15 mins, now not sure if any other car would have cooled that burning car interiors much faster, else most of the time i keep the blower at 1 ( morning times) and at either 1 or 2 during other time of day.

Congratulations naveenkumarverma on your new Honda Brio EMT.EMT is definitely VFM.How did you find the gear shift quality of Brio?

Hey rookiedriver,

I find the AC cooling in my Brio to be excellent. As a matter of fact I find it better than my friends i20.. I don't have any tints and I need to go down from blower speed 2 to 1 after 5-10 mins of driving to and fro from office.

Infact that was one of my decisive points against BEAT.

And very hot here in Gurgaon... So I don't think that should be an issue.[:)]
Sorry buddy,
Beat's A'C is a chiller and I have seen people praising Beat's A/C .I have already mentioned this in my ownership report.
I don't know about the brio's A/C but needless to say I was disappointed with the A/C of All New Honda City 2012 CE.

Congratulations naveenkumarverma on your new

Sorry buddy,
Beat's A'C is a chiller and I have seen people praising Beat's A/C .I have already mentioned this in my ownership report.
I don't know about the brio's A/C but needless to say I was disappointed with the A/C of All New Honda City 2012 CE.
I don't own a BEAT, but my observation was based on the effectiveness I felt during test driving both the cars. I felt BRIO's AC was much more effective.

Hi Naveen,
Sorry for the long silence but had a bunch of work come way and I hadnt progressed any further in getting a Brio.
First of all thanks for the brilliant pics. They are exactly what everyone curious about the difference between the E and the higher models need to figure things out.

& by the way this is base Model EMT, interior of other models are much better.
Posted these pictures as others want to know how EMT cabin looks like.
I personally got the feeling that there is a spartan simpicity to the interiors - the Brio does a few things but does them well. This question I think is moot for me though :( since getting an E MT is much harder than an S and because of that I might end up going for the S.

&Even I was thinking of getting double DIN HU but need to pay another 10k for something decent.
Although you shouldn't let it bother you too much, I am curious when you said the double DIN would cost you "another 10k". Did you mean 10k more than a single DIN? I am guessing you paid around 4k for your single DIN? You can get double DINs starting around 8k if you don't want fancy features like video display and touchscreen...

Thread Starter #51
Although you shouldn't let it bother you too much, I am curious when you said the double DIN would cost you "another 10k". Did you mean 10k more than a single DIN? I am guessing you paid around 4k for your single DIN? You can get double DINs starting around 8k if you don't want fancy features like video display and touchscreen...

My single din itself was around 6k as it has builtin Bluetooth. I wanted a double din with navigation etc which was costing more.

Good news for you, Honda has started giving free insurance & corporate discount on Brio. :)

Congratulations naveenkumarverma on your new Honda Brio EMT.EMT is definitely VFM.How did you find the gear shift quality of Brio?

Sorry buddy,
I believe Beat gets automatic climate control, which is a nice to have for sure. That does not mean that Brio's a.c is low performing. I did a recent t.d of the Brio, and I was chilled with the knob at 2.

I believe Beat gets automatic climate control, which is a nice to have for sure. That does not mean that Brio's a.c is low performing. I did a recent t.d of the Brio, and I was chilled with the knob at 2.

Automatic CC : yeah good to have. But what am I gonna do with it if the cooling wasn't effective ?
That was my reaction after TD of both the vehicles.
[:)]

Can you please show me the photos of CLEAN INTERIOR of your car. Though I have booked a SMT (and the dealer could not show me the interiors of EMT as had no car at that moment), the music system is not appealing and two rear power windows are useless for my tiny family. I am thinking if should spend few extra thousands for those chrome rings.

Thread Starter #57
Can you please show me the photos of CLEAN INTERIOR of your car. Though I have booked a SMT (and the dealer could not show me the interiors of EMT as had no car at that moment), the music system is not appealing and two rear power windows are useless for my tiny family. I am thinking if should spend few extra thousands for those chrome rings.
Is Music system that bad, not sure about it. I don't have clean interior pictures right now, I needs to click them and post them, that will take some time. What if feel is change in interior is not much. Does SMT has 12V socket because EMT doesn't have moreover the most irritating thing in EMT is that driver has power window button only for his window not for both front windows :(.

Is Music system that bad, not sure about it. I don't have clean interior pictures right now, I needs to click them and post them, that will take some time. What if feel is change in interior is not much. Does SMT has 12V socket because EMT doesn't have moreover the most irritating thing in EMT is that driver has power window button only for his window not for both front windows :(.
Ok. SMT do not have 12V socket. however, i am sticking to SMT. there is 25000 discount over all (including RSA. 3m Coat and Extended Warranty & Insurance).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #60
Ok... SMT do not have 12V socket... however, i am sticking to SMT... there is 25000 discount over all (including RSA. 3m Coat and Extended Warranty & Insurance)...
Isn't that offer valid on EMT, if it is EMT is value for money. :)

What about S(O)MT, is discount more on it?

Though I have taken EMT, every time I read about some freak road accident, I wish I could have taken S(O)MT.

Yup. S version does have a 12V socket.
I think there is some confusion, Sam saying SMT has 12v socket & drsuvro saying it doesn't.

Anyway we can use USB ports (2 in my HU) of music system to charge mobiles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom