My Honda Brio UT EMT: Made for Me

Thread Starter #76
No, I don't think I have outside sensor.

Installation guy didn't tell anything about them.

He said if we lock the car and someone tries to get in by breaking the window or though an open windows, the sensors will detect the motion and get activated.

He said if we lock the car and someone tries to get in by breaking the window or though an open windows, the sensors will detect the motion and get activated.
Hey Nitin, I stand corrected. The outside sensors are not present in Naveen's car, so I can assume that any intrusion can be detected by in car sensors.

Do a DKDPKP test :eek:
i.e doodh ka dhoodh paani ka paani test :p: to test autocops claim.
keep windows open and try removing a bag from inside with your car locked.
lets see if what they state is true,

test 2
also with windows up and car locked, try applying some pressure on the bonnet / windows. inform me if you car beeps.

Do a DKDPKP test :eek:
i.e doodh ka dhoodh paani ka paani test :p: to test autocops claim.
keep windows open and try removing a bag from inside with your car locked.
lets see if what they state is true,
test 2
also with windows up and car locked, try applying some pressure on the bonnet / windows. inform me if you car beeps.
I too would be waiting for the test results!

Hi, i have seen that you have not installed Mud flaps in your car , do you think it is necessary ? i am going for emt model and dealer is asking for 2.5k for them and i am getting insurance and 10k discount only , nothing else is it a good deal ? what was given to you ?

Hi, i have seen that you have not installed Mud flaps in your car , do you think it is necessary ? i am going for emt model and dealer is asking for 2.5k for them and i am getting insurance and 10k discount only , nothing else is it a good deal ? what was given to you ?
mud flaps cost Rs 200 from outside, waste to get them from H!
You can try and bargain for more freebees.

Hi Naveen, where did you get the AutoCop system installed from? I mean from Honda showroom, or aftermarket addition? I have a Brio EXMT, and I am planning to install AutoCop (missing Keyless entry badly) but heard some discussions that installing it from outside might void warranty.

Hi Naveen, where did you get the AutoCop system installed from? I mean from Honda showroom, or aftermarket addition? I have a Brio EXMT, and I am planning to install AutoCop (missing Keyless entry badly) but heard some discussions that installing it from outside might void warranty.
the wires are not cut ( but punched) so warranty concerns are not there.

I am using autocop in my brio and these guys know how to install it without causing any damage wrt wires and all.

Thread Starter #84
Time to review my ownership thread after some 18 months gap:

My Brio is around 2 years and 3 months old now, has done 29K.
Giving me mileage of 15.5Kms + (50% AC + 50% Highway) (Full tank to full tank method) Digital meter shows around 1 Km extra.

Another service (4th Paid I think) is due next month.
Till now I am quite happy with my priced possession.
I am thinking of going for car detailing to get away with minor scratches and for paint protection.

I will update more details after service & car detailing. :)

Thread Starter #85
Fourth Paid Service Done... Yesterday (7th Sep 2014)....
Odo is showing 31400+ Kms

30K service was done and with oil change, wheel alignment and in cabin light fixed(It was giving some issue)... Bill come to 4.2k....

I have established a good terms with a particular SA and its reaping some benefits. His boss took test drive of my car and suggested 2-3 things to be done but SA said only one of them is required as of now. He infact gave me 10% discount on the labour charge on the whole bill.

Car is running smoother now, planning for a road team soon.

I am planning for an update of horn and headlight soon.
If anyone has done is please enlighten me.

Thread Starter #86
Last week came back from a 1100+ kms trip in himachal and punjab. With Brio's easy ride and great handling it was fun all the way. Stock tires got puncher once again & I am seriously thinking of replacing them anytime soon.(already 35500+ kms done).
I have replaced the horn with minda skoda type before the trip and change is worth notice. Loud mouth do get noticed. It cost me around 700(horn, relay, 20 amp fuse and labor).

Now, I want to update headlamp with something more brighter, any idea and suggest is welcome. :)

How many services are free for Brio? Are first two services i.e. at one month and at six month free (labour charges free) or the third one at 12 month also free?

Thread Starter #89
Went for another trip to Hometown Himachal (950kms Total). Was thinking seriously about changing the stock tires before the trip. Did some research on internet & found that sufficient thread is there in the tires for atleast another 10K.
On the way, after the sunset found that light is a bit less from one of the headlamp. Checked at a Garage on the way and the mehanic just shake the socket and it was gud again.

Apart from this small hiccup everything went smooth. Drove hard(Due to limited time) so got a little low mileage this time 17.4(as per odo).

Thread Starter #90
Update of 40K service:

After 41K Kms gave for 40K servicing this weekend, OEM Goodyear tyres were quite less thread left.
As I was planning for a long drive in Himachal again, decided to go for a tyre replacment during this service.

I wanted a smooth and low noise so went for softer compound tyres Michelin Xm2. The set costed around 19.5 with Fitting and free Nitrogen. I knew I was paying extra and would have got it outside at better price but wanted peace of mind.

Meanwhile since last few weeks I was feeling that battery is going bad slowly as cranking was taking a little extra time. SA confirmed this during the visit and advicees battery replacement.
I went for SF Sonic (OEM) which costed extra 3.1K (after considering 500 for old battery).
Total bill costed around 28K which I feel is ok after tyre & battery replacment.
SA advices for break pad replacment during next service as only 3mm thinkness is left in them currently.

Car is running much smoother now.... Feeling great in my HONDA... [:)]

Top Bottom