My First Car: Maruti 800 AC 93 Model

hey Shantanu bhai can u please tell me a good ac machanic in lucknow..as both of my ac and blower is not working since i had purchased the car..thanks in Advance

Thread Starter #393
My preferred AC mechanic used to work from home, but now has shifted to other city. You can try Himalayan Car accessories (don't remember the proper name) contact CHOTEY Its opposite the fire station.

Janaab aap to eid ka chaand ho gaye. Start a new thread about your car and do some DIYs.

My preferred AC mechanic used to work from home, but now has shifted to other city. You can try Himalayan Car accessories (don't remember the proper name) contact CHOTEY Its opposite the fire station.

Janaab aap to eid ka chaand ho gaye. Start a new thread about your car and do some DIYs.
yes bro will do the same once i get free time..and a small question that are A.c efficient in type 1 800 and is worth to spend near to 7k on that..

Thread Starter #395
yes bro will do the same once i get free time..and a small question that are A.c efficient in type 1 800 and is worth to spend near to 7k on that..
In my opinion, spending 7k on old AC R12 type is not advisable. Maruti 800s AC are efficient, but pickup is lost and an old engine lacks power. Maximum of Rs 2500-3000 can be spent. Get compression test done before spending on AC.

In my opinion, spending 7k on old AC R12 type is not advisable. Maruti 800s AC are efficient, but pickup is lost and an old engine lacks power. Maximum of Rs 2500-3000 can be spent. Get compression test done before spending on AC.
bro i have recently rebuild my engine and changed the half block of my car from MASS so no problem from engine side.But today i showed AC to shop near my house and he said that compressor is making noise may be due to low leqiud or its weak also the cooling coil needs a change and gave me an estimate of 7k[cry].so just wanted an expert advice for the same.

Thread Starter #397
bro i have recently rebuild my engine and changed the half block of my car from MASS so no problem from engine side.But today i showed AC to shop near my house and he said that compressor is making noise may be due to low leqiud or its weak also the cooling coil needs a change and gave me an estimate of 7k[cry].so just wanted an expert advice for the same.
What type of noise is it. Compressor makes noise due to low oil, faulty clutch or sometimes due to lack of lubrication. Whats the fault in the cooling coil is it leaky ??. Show the car to some other mechanic too. BTW which area in Lucknow do you live ??

Thread Starter #399
The Sony cassette player which I was using earlier suddenly stopped working and the sound quality from the fm transmitter was also not up to mark. The burnt IC was not available in the market so I had to buy a new music system.
Sunday morning I went to the flee market and bought an old cassette player.
28102013142.jpg
I bought this one for using the 4440 IC amplifier circuit. This circuit provides 120W PMPO per channel and its 2 channel. One more benefit of this AMP is, it provides good bass without consuming too much power.
28102013144.jpg
The 12v 3amp transformer used in the music system
28102013143.jpg

I had an old video game console in which I assembled the amplifier.
28102013137.jpg

The video game circuit
28102013141.jpg

The amplifier circuit fitted inside the video game cabinet
29102013148_2.jpg

The front side of the amplifier
29102013151.jpg
its being tested using a FM plate
The knobs are for volume and balance.

The rear side
29102013155.jpg
The bass and treble knob and the 2 channel RCA input and speaker outputs. The wires are for 12v input.

Also bought a USB player with 4440 amplifier plate. The new plates have Chinese parts so the SQ is not good and also the IC gets heated up on long use.
The USB reader player used in this is an updated one. This has features like reverse/forward, time elapse display, resume song after power on, in-built aux in, and FM station memory
28102013131.jpg
28102013132.jpg
The LED is a color changing one(red/blue) and is irritating so much. This will be changed and RCA output option will also be added to connect the player to the amp.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #402
Shantanu you are really a all rounder man. Great job. Is that for your car?
Thanks Sir, Yes its for my car. Presently it will be fixed in temporary manner but later when interior work will be done I'll fix all speakers and music system properly.

bhai sahab aapko to scientist hona chahiye tha[clap]
[lol]

A small update, fitter the USB player in the car.
30102013160.jpg

Tested the amplifier in the car and it blew up the fake pioneer speakers installed in the rear doors. [frustration]

Thread Starter #403
From many a days I was willing to blacken the B pillar. In the market they were demanding Rs 400+ for the job. When I asked the price of black sheet used for this job and number plating they were not ready to sell or asked Rs 300.
I had the black window film which I bought earlier. I used it and blackened the B pillar.
24112013185.jpg
24112013186.jpg
24112013187.jpg

More pics will be posted soon.

24112013178.jpg
Also bought these textured films these are used for mobile lamination.

From many a days I was willing to blacken the B pillar. In the market they were demanding Rs 400+ for the job. When I asked the price of black sheet used for this job and number plating they were not ready to sell or asked Rs 300.
I had the black window film which I bought earlier. I used it and blackened the B pillar.
View attachment 117082
View attachment 117083
View attachment 117084

More pics will be posted soon.

View attachment 117081
Also bought these textured films these are used for mobile lamination.
Hey Shantanu, Greatly inspiring restoration process and the most I liked is the DIY attitude you have, I am still going through your thread to know and to learn a lot of things, I am also restoring my old Maruti Omni, you can please see my thread and share your valuable inputs. The link is below.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-my-much-awaited-maruti-omni-restoration.html

Top Bottom