Maruti Suzuki Alto Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #31

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Modding An Alto!

Nice M800. Try changing the underbody neons/LEDs into bright red or blue. Anyways, its looking nice! Can you suggest me some low price subwoofer/basstube.

ACtually what is the difference in a bass tube or subwoofer and what are their prices?
Can you tell a low price (subwoofer/ basstube with enclosure) from trusted brands like pioneer, JBL, etc.?

Nice M800. Try changing the underbody neons/LEDs into bright red or blue. Anyways, its looking nice! Can you suggest me some low price subwoofer/basstube.

ACtually what is the difference in a bass tube or subwoofer and what are their prices?
Can you tell a low price (subwoofer/ basstube with enclosure) from trusted brands like pioneer, JBL, etc.?
JBL sub costs around 8k which is in Varun's car you can try that if you need to.

@Varun that video was nice.[:)]

Thread Starter #35

lxi.

Suspended

But wont the subwoofer consume equal space as the bass tube when put in an enclosure?

Also, if i put a sub, can i remove it temporarily when i need space for other things in the boot? Which is a cheap price subwoofer with enclosure from trusted brands. can i add anything else to get the deep bass out (the low frequency boom boom[evil]) within 5k?

But wont the subwoofer consume equal space as the bass tube when put in an enclosure?
Yes it will but it won't consume more of floor space.

Also, if i put a sub, can i remove it temporarily when i need space for other things in the boot?
Yes you can,its detachable.

Which is a cheap price subwoofer with enclosure from trusted brands.
Maybe from Pioneer.

can i add anything else to get the deep bass out (the low frequency boom boom) within 5k?
When you plan to put subs you definitely have to add amp and would get an branded one within 5k.

Thanks Vishwas..

You can go for a basic sub and amp.
You can go for JBL/Sony amp (2 channel) and 1000 watts sub..
These costs you around 7k, and enclosure normal box 600rs and wiring around 800rs..
This setup is enough for a small car..

For your reference :

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...19760976-my-car-my-maruti-800-27102011189.jpg

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...19760976-my-car-my-maruti-800-27102011190.jpg

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...19760976-my-car-my-maruti-800-27102011191.jpg

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...20148227-my-car-my-maruti-800-01112011212.jpg

Thread Starter #38

lxi.

Suspended

Thanks for the important links varun! Is an amplifier necessary (i want to spend less on ice) with a subwoofer, i just want to get the "boom-boom" effect [:)]

Thanks for the important links varun! Is an amplifier necessary (i want to spend less on ice) with a subwoofer, i just want to get the "boom-boom" effect [:)]
Yes it is! The amp gives more of output power and the clarity of sound such that your "boom-boom" effect affects the whole environment.

Amp is very necessary when you choose a subwoofer. Many people prefer basstube because it occupies lesser space.

You can choose JBL 1100W sub and JBL 2 channel amp. Wiring if you go local you can get it done cheaply but its always recommended to choose branded wiring which will cost around 3k.

Thread Starter #41

lxi.

Suspended

But as varun has shown the sub in M800, my alto has a parcel tray also, will it go under it?? :stupid:

Any more mods i can do???

Need to remove the parcel tray, me too had the tray, I also tried to fix the sub to the tray, but it wont bare the weight..
Or if you have sufficient space below the tray you can retain it, but in my case no space below the tray, I guess alto's boot is bigger than 800..

Last edited:

If you are going for basstube you can retain the parcel tray. If enclosure i am not sure , i think it may fit!

Thread Starter #44

lxi.

Suspended

Great confusion buddy, should i go for the sub/bass tube and amp or stay happy with my sony gtx270s with pioneer A series speakers(actually, crappy series, they start making a ghrr ghrr sound on high volume)

Thread Starter #45

lxi.

Suspended

@varun560061 : Yes, the alto's boot is of the same size (almost)[confused], i think, you can cofirm from the pics[:)].
Courtesy : google.

images.jpg

Note.jpg

Top Bottom