Maruti Suzuki Alto Accessories & Modifications

Thread Starter #19

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Modding An Alto!

Ok. Wont the underbody LED strips get damaged with water or someting else? Should i paint the handles of my alto(silver)? what is the thing(can type) tucked to the silencer which is seen on most swifts nowadays. whats its cost? any problems or changes with it?

Yes the underbody LED'S are in direct contact with water but so far none of the members have complained about that , i think it must be good to go.

Yes you can paint it Silver , it will look good.

The thing you are telling is exhaust tips , they are available from 200bucks , they will be available in any local car accessory shop. AFAIK there will no problem using these exhaust tips but again AFAIK it doesn't last long. Due to the heat and other conditions they get rusted and break soon.

Ok. Wont the underbody LED strips get damaged with water or someting else? Should i paint the handles of my alto(silver)? what is the thing(can type) tucked to the silencer which is seen on most swifts nowadays. whats its cost? any problems or changes with it?
As the LED strips are water proof hence no damage at all, just need to cover the end where the wire is soldered so that water wont get in there..[:)]

Thread Starter #22

lxi.

Suspended

Sure , thanks. I am thinking of getting them the earlier next month.

As being a Indian brand Plati has a good collection of 12" alloys. Moreover, if in future you want a single piece of same alloy due to some reason or other, can be available easily from the Indian alloy makers, which is not possible from the foreign brands. Think about changing of stock spark plugs to Iridium which will definitely increase the performance. You can also add fog lamps and daylight running lights.

Thread Starter #25

lxi.

Suspended

Yes, its looking awesome[thumbsup]. But my mind is fixed upon the Plati 12"

CAn you help me which one is looking better? I think the first one would be better on my silver alto? what say guys?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #27

lxi.

Suspended

Akash, which model are your platis, haven't seen any of the same design? HAve you done tyre change or still with the stocks? Actually I wanna know at what kms should i change my JK tyres 145/80/R12?

The image which you have posted will suit a Silver Alto very well.

Tyre change depends on the condition. If the tread has worn out considerably consider changing it.

Thread Starter #29

lxi.

Suspended

Buddy, Yesterday enquired about the LEDs with my friend, he has a santro, He said that i should not waste my money on underbody neons/ LED as these have no warranty and get damaged or stop working after some months. The light glow in neon is better than Leds but the neons are cylindrical tubes and will break on a speed breaker with a low ground clearance car like alto. He has 2 neons on the sides and on the front and rear he is using LEDs. He says that he is dissatisfied with his lights, he has changed the LEDs twice. He says that i can go for interior lights, which would use LEDs , cost less and no danger of water, etc, there below the dashboard. Cooldhaya, you said about the threads of the auxiliary lights, there are 2-3 in this forum. Can you please give me the Link?

No, I guess he would have got the led strips of a lower quality, I have it in my car for more than 6 months, I too have it on the wheel drums and front disks, even heating wont harm so much..

And for speed breakers, you have to stick them in the way it wont contact the ground in any cases.

You can just check the video too - Car.mp4 - YouTube

Top Bottom