How To Improve Exhaust Note?

No offense to anyone here.

Why don't we consider other fellow road users also? Why troubling them with sound/noise pollution. We are already getting enough of it. (Hope this is not for racing track/own roads)

Everyday seeing on Bangalore roads. Heavy honking, Heavy music with glasses lowered, Heavy smoke coming out from silencer etc. More than this, smoking at signals with window opened and coming straight to others face. If they want to smoke, why lowering the window. You take the aftereffect too without lowering it. If we say something politely, they either show fingers or say 'not your dad's road'. These days i chant 'Ignorance is bliss'

Sorry for being Off topic. Again, no offense to anyone. Shared my views as I experience these kind of noises daily [cry]
Hi Appus,

Just wanted to know what smoking with lowering the window means here... and the after effect part...

And I do have an altered exhaust to produce noise on acceleration, you know it is the age which pushes you to do things. You wont do this if you are married or old enough. I enjoy my drive with the noise and even the loud music. Of course, we are with in the limits of not troubling the fellow drivers.
You would have come across a rude driver who has put you in to this thought. But otherwise there are a bunch of other people who know where to and where not to[:)]

Exhaust help

just to clarify a doubt.

I have heard many people say that loosing up a bold from the muffler to exhaust pipe connection would bring up a good sound.is it true.heard thru a few videos on youtube and felt that they sound good.is there any harm in this?

also read a post on a different forum.A guy placed a bolt between each the exhaust bolt and made a spacer to get the sound liked it a lot [evil]

please throw some light on this [confused]

Yes, the back pressure reduces and leads to reduction torque.You could get pulled over by a cop.In Mumbai not too long ago they caught a lot of people riding harleys, honda and suzuki sport bikes since their exhausts were too loud.

can get pulled by a cop? can't i just say that my silencer is leaking and i think the sound would be negligible as i am just making a small passage and not making it straight pipe by removing the muffler.will this harm my engine?

Like I said, they pull you over in Mumbai.Cops are very moody.

The reduced back pressure will harm the engine in the long run.

I have never got caught for changing my endcan! The sound is negligible.
But once when i was with a friend who has got a full FFE for his car we got caught.

Bangalore they dont catch you for this noise thing. I have people with much more noise than my swift and they havent been fined either.

Top Bottom