How To Improve Exhaust Note?

Good to know you have got it done from him itself. Raj and Shabir are the main guys and Jameel as you mentioned is famous for his tuning. I shall post a video tomorrow.
No decrease in FE.
Have heard of these guys a lot.

On my Swift, I have removed the stock silencer(exhaust pipe) and fitted a very cheap exhaust pipe (header- 1000/- from a shop near JC road) and just welded it from a local garage. It makes a good sound though but nothing on the pick up or mileage decrease.
But at MASS the mech told me there would be wear and tear of the clutch because we tend to raise the accl. too much for the sound to be loud. Is it true that the clutch gets affected because I never try to raise the accl. for the sound. [confused]

And another query is that, how much will it cost for a complete FFE on a Swift VXI if I got it done from Raj, Shabir.

Have heard of these guys a lot.

On my Swift, I have removed the stock silencer(exhaust pipe) and fitted a very cheap exhaust pipe (header- 1000/- from a shop near JC road) and just welded it from a local garage. It makes a good sound though but nothing on the pick up or mileage decrease.
But at MASS the mech told me there would be wear and tear of the clutch because we tend to raise the accl. too much for the sound to be loud. Is it true that the clutch gets affected because I never try to raise the accl. for the sound. [confused]

And another query is that, how much will it cost for a complete FFE on a Swift VXI if I got it done from Raj, Shabir.
You mean you have changed the muffler/end can? Well i am not sure if the clutch gets affected but by accelerating too much it will surely affect the FE.

When i got my end can/muffler changed, the full FFE for a swift vxi costed around 7.5k-10k depending on the quality from Raj and Shabir. I am not sure if the prices have changed now.

You mean you have changed the muffler/end can? Well i am not sure if the clutch gets affected but by accelerating too much it will surely affect the FE.

When i got my end can/muffler changed, the full FFE for a swift vxi costed around 7.5k-10k depending on the quality from Raj and Shabir. I am not sure if the prices have changed now.
This is exactly what i have put by removing the one from behind. I am not sure
if this is a header/ muffler/ can/ silencer/ etc. [thinking]
And by a full FFE does it include the new filters, new pipes etc.

Attachments

That is the endcan/muffler.

Sorry I do not have much information about FFE's. I had just done a little bit of research about the endcan/muffler since i did not want the full FFE.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i had some confusion on the same. i read above but could not understand much.
i wanted to ask the same question how to increase exhaust sound.

is it permanent ? i always wanted a car that sounds good.i drive the main family car which is used for long trips etc but i drive it alone all the time. the car remains with me on normal days.

and maybe my dad won't like the sound much when he sits in the car [confused]

I got a customised end can/muffler made for my swift vxi from a very famous mechanic(FFE's) here in bangalore. The sound is quite good but preferred not to keep it very loud and the mechanic adjusted the sound according to my taste. I have used it for more than 5k kms now and the sound just gets better with age. It costed me around 3.5k (including fitting) with a SS tip.
If anyone needs the contact information of the mechanic in bangalore please feel free to contact me.
Please do give me the contact 3.5 K is a throw away price would want to add this

Also let me know if there is reduction of FE in your car

BTW are you talking about the work shop near JC nagar ?

Please do give me the contact 3.5 K is a throw away price would want to add this

Also let me know if there is reduction of FE in your car

BTW are you talking about the work shop near JC nagar ?
Ill PM you his contact number. Do check the price with him again since its been almost or more than a year since i changed my endcan/muffler. No reduction in FE!
His garage comes in that lane near the TV tower opposite Fun World. As far as i know that area is called Jaymahal.

The exhaust/silencer plays an important role, it is advisable not to play with it as it may affect your engine performances and mileage.It is enginered in such a way that the engine give its maximum output with the help of it.

The exhaust/silencer plays an important role, it is advisable not to play with it as it may affect your engine performances and mileage.It is enginered in such a way that the engine give its maximum output with the help of it.

The endcan will only give you the sound.If you want performance get a custom FFE made from a reputed tuner.

I think mufflers don't play any role in FE or engines's performance. If a muffler is providing enough area for exhaust gases to pass then it is not gonna make any diff. in FE or performance.

The thing what you people are concerned about is valid only in the case of installation of complete FFE kit. Which includes headers, pipes as well as endcans/muffler.

The sizes of the pipes needs to be correct to make any benefits. Infact it is found that in case of exhaut pipes the smaller the internal diameter the better.

That helps to get torque,you need torque too.So it really is important to get the FFE done from a proper tuner who has dealt with the kind of car you have and as relative experience.

At the end of the day you don't want all noise and no go right.

Top Bottom