How To Improve Exhaust Note?

AnantG

Suspended
swap the resonator in the middle of the exhaust for a straight pipe or drop the mufflers and run straight pipes with tips.
Both very easy and cheap

Just a query about exhaust pipes.
Does a hole just before the endcan causes loss of performance of a turbo diesel engine due to reduced back pressure or something like that?

I took it to the A.S.S for a replacement and they said it is not covered under warranty, and the new one costs around 16000rs.
So should i leave it like that because other than a slight change in the exhaust note i am not having any other issues.

You're welcome.A good welder should be able to do a patch weld on it without any problems.

To prevent further rusting, use either 3m rust protection or get the entire pipe painted with red oxide.

I was thinking of getting these 'turbo' sound whistlers for my ride. You just have to bolt them in your tailpipe and done. But do they work? I mean i know they won't spool or something but do they sound nice?

My friend has a 2008(IIRC) Aveo U-VA, which had been kept idle for a while and welding line at the bottom of the muffler tip had rusted off, the car was making sounds similar to a racing car, there was no impact on FE, but his dad was'nt comfortable with the idea, and asked us to get it fixed, we took it to a local welder and got it welded and reinforced for 400rs.

And one thing I noticed was that, in the U-VA the muffler tip can seperately removed from the header, and since the muffler end has the catcon/baffle in it, we can easily cut it off and replace it with a straight pipe, to get a custom FFE. :D

The catcon is not a sound deadening unit.It is to lower emissions.

As per my knowledge all cars have exhausts in sections.

No offense to anyone here.

Why don't we consider other fellow road users also? Why troubling them with sound/noise pollution. We are already getting enough of it. (Hope this is not for racing track/own roads)

Everyday seeing on Bangalore roads. Heavy honking, Heavy music with glasses lowered, Heavy smoke coming out from silencer etc. More than this, smoking at signals with window opened and coming straight to others face. If they want to smoke, why lowering the window. You take the aftereffect too without lowering it. If we say something politely, they either show fingers or say 'not your dad's road'. These days i chant 'Ignorance is bliss'

Sorry for being Off topic. Again, no offense to anyone. Shared my views as I experience these kind of noises daily [cry]

Last edited:
I have a free flow exhaust with a stock muffler so no sound.Performance can be had without any sound.

@Appus:I get what you're saying.

Top Bottom