Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Sell Car

I you can't get the color you want don't buy the car. It's not worth it. This is a big ticket item. I simply can't understand how one could compromise on the color of a car.

If you've a wife or a girl friend, ask her what color car she would love to have. Go by that. For all you know, you might get an option of more than one color.

The bottom line remains, don't compromise on big ticket items. And remember you're not buying an Audi, you're buying a consumer grade car. It's just that we're a bit crazy. I am also going thru a similar dilemma.
As Rafian and raaj suggested , I am not gonna compromise . was in a little dilemma . thanks guys for the thoughts. Will take this head on with HONDA tis time

hi vishnu
congrats for your new ride. I have also booked amaze idtec and would be getting delivery on 14th august.
How is the grip for stock tyres? I am planning to change the tyres soon after taking delivery.
and also how is the sound quality of the stock speakers.

Thread Starter #79
hi vishnu
congrats for your new ride. I have also booked amaze idtec and would be getting delivery on 14th august.
How is the grip for stock tyres? I am planning to change the tyres soon after taking delivery.
The stock tyres grip is Exceptionally good :) They provide enough and more grip when compared to other OEM tyres :) Have went to a hill station recently and I was amused by the grip of the tyres :) Not even a single squeal was audible [clap]

And about the sound quality of the stock speakers, You can say it's ok, Just ok[roll]
The clarity of the speakers are good and the speakers are most good when soft tracks are being played !

deville_56

Honoured Member
I'd give a 6-7/10 for the clarity. It's indeed better than even Punto OEM. Front door coax sounds great. Great clarity and decent punch. Rear tray ones are okay, but we drivers don't care about.

The post suggest your planning for an ICE upgrade ah?[;)]

Regards,
Sankar
He's accustomed to the JBL ovals of his Alto [evil]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Once he listens to something better he will surely upgrade.

Regards,
Sankar
Actually, the Amaze setup is good. He was planning for upgrade before getting the car. Pleased with the current one dropped the idea. Else it would have been a full touch HU and RF or Kickers. He is actually around Jerry's most of the days, can see tempting setups [evil]

Actually, the Amaze setup is good. He was planning for upgrade before getting the car. Pleased with the current one dropped the idea. Else it would have been a full touch HU and RF or Kickers. He is actually around Jerry's most of the days, can see tempting setups [evil]
Jerry does some of the best ICE setups in Trivandrum. ICE upgrade temptation is something very hard to live with. Just sharing my personal experience on it[:D]

Regards,
Sankar

Hello guys ,

I just joined this forum today ,

i have booked Amaze smt diesel , inspired by the reviews as this would be my first car , any good suggestions to be done for SMT model?

thank you[:)]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #86
The post suggest your planning for an ICE upgrade ah?

Regards,
Sankar
haha [;)]

Hello guys ,

I just joined this forum today ,

i have booked Amaze smt diesel , inspired by the reviews as this would be my first car , any good suggestions to be done for SMT model?

thank you
Happy to Hear so [:)] After the car gets delivered, start changing what u don't like in it[evil]

By the way, Putting a good car mat will be one of the first thing to be done in my opinion :)

hi vishnu
hi jdtec,

Congrats. Do start a new thread on your ownership experience. Looking forward for your thread..Honda Amaze is on my wishlist for my new car.

Vishnu

Quick question on the ICE setup of Honda amaze. I am planning to buy the Amaze base version (E).

Just want to check if the below pioneer models suits amaze. I am currently in US. I am planning to buy this on my way back to India. Can you provide your suggestion? Appreciate inputs from others as well.

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-X2500BT 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen Display: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Pioneer FH-X700BT In-Dash Double DIN CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth, Pandora Link, MIXTRAX & iPod Support: Electronics

deville_56

Honoured Member
Vishnu

Quick question on the ICE setup of Honda amaze. I am planning to buy the Amaze base version (E).

Just want to check if the below pioneer models suits amaze. I am currently in US. I am planning to buy this on my way back to India. Can you provide your suggestion? Appreciate inputs from others as well.

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-X2500BT 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen Display: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Pioneer FH-X700BT In-Dash Double DIN CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth, Pandora Link, MIXTRAX & iPod Support: Electronics
Why not check these [:D]

Pioneer AppRadio 3

haha [;)]

Happy to Hear so [:)] After the car gets delivered, start changing what u don't like in it[evil]

By the way, Putting a good car mat will be one of the first thing to be done in my opinion :)
Thanks for the reply .

Car mats, i guess showroom guys will give by default ,that is what they are giving as addition accessories free of cost .

What about Fog lights , is it mandatory for the car ? , and since SRS airbag is not available in car , can it be manually installed if i want it?

I test drove Amaze but clutch is different than swift VDI(old generation),
clutch is like a petrol car , and engine noise i could not hear more than what swift was producing (but i see lot of complaints regarding noisy engine of amaze) ,

one last thing , in traffic i use only clutch to move the vehicle , is it same for amaze since clutch is like petrol car ?.

Thank you

Top Bottom