Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

deville_56

Honoured Member
Car mats, i guess showroom guys will give by default ,that is what they are giving as addition accessories free of cost .
Depends on dealer. Some give free, some charge. Vichu got mudflaps for free, which costs 1k or 2k+ (i don't remember correctly), but no floor mat. Honda OE accessory floor mat is jute type, beige.

What about Fog lights , is it mandatory for the car ?
Not mandatory, but useful in rain and potholed roads. Adding them later will cost a bomb. Need to replace bumper (according to dealer).

and since SRS airbag is not available in car , can it be manually installed if i want it?
Technically possible, but practically impossible. Will have to change many components. First thing, it will be damn costly. Second, no dealer will take the headache.

I test drove Amaze but clutch is different than swift VDI(old generation),
clutch is like a petrol car , and engine noise i could not hear more than what swift was producing (but i see lot of complaints regarding noisy engine of amaze) ,

one last thing , in traffic i use only clutch to move the vehicle , is it same for amaze since clutch is like petrol car ?.
You can drive with clutch alone without throttle, enough torque. It will adjust throttle on its own to prevent stalling. You can do decent speeds in 5th even without throttle.

Just for my awareness, could the folks knowledgeable about Amaze and Swift Diesel cars post the reasons why one should choose Amaze over Swift?
I believe that information would be helpful in decision making.
Thanks.

Just for my awareness, could the folks knowledgeable about Amaze and Swift Diesel cars post the reasons why one should choose Amaze over Swift?
Thanks.
swift is a better car but I think honda has an upper hand when it comes to technology and engineering. And also honda is a more premium brand then suzuki.

swift is a better car but I think honda has an upper hand when it comes to technology and engineering. And also honda is a more premium brand then suzuki.
Very hard to quantify technology and engineering between Suzuki and Honda, especially when comparing Swift and Amaze. You would have to list at least one thing that Swift can do that Amaze cannot, and vice versa – assuming both cars have identical features. Yes, we would’ve to give one tiny bonus point to Swift because it’s proven already under hostile Indian road (and weather) conditions. And I would give a full bonus point for Maruti’s service network, parts availability and cost. And I will not give Honda a bonus point for the “H” badge and I’ll not deduct any point from Swift for carrying the Maruti/Suzuki badge.

Now that we’ve Renault, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Hyundai, Ford, etc., all operating in the Indian market, we should get over the badge factor. Simply go with what’s best. If a brand is good, it is good. We’ve to accept it. The point, in this case, if one finds Amaze good, it is indeed good. Let’s not say it’s a Honda so it’s good. If we go by that yardstick we wouldn’t be buying Bajaj bikes. Definitely, we will have cases where we would feel that one car is better than the other – in such cases we should be able to precisely articulate the pros and cons. If it’s just a feeling, it better be for the color, looks, etc.,

my 2c.

Thread Starter #96
Thanks for the reply .

Car mats, i guess showroom guys will give by default ,that is what they are giving as addition accessories free of cost .

What about Fog lights , is it mandatory for the car ? , and since SRS airbag is not available in car , can it be manually installed if i want it?

I test drove Amaze but clutch is different than swift VDI(old generation),
clutch is like a petrol car , and engine noise i could not hear more than what swift was producing (but i see lot of complaints regarding noisy engine of amaze) ,

one last thing , in traffic i use only clutch to move the vehicle , is it same for amaze since clutch is like petrol car ?.

Thank you
Yes, no car mats :( everything is very well explained by Deville_56 :D

and about the torque and clutch, you're going to love those two [evil], even on top gear with all person on board, it easily pulls without throttle ! :)It pulls pulls and pulls [clap]

Thanks.
If you start comparing like this, then you are going to have pretty much homework today , hehe . Each and every car can be compared eachother ! I stick onto the fact that " BUY THAT,WHAT IMPRESSES YOU " , as simple as that [;)]

hi venky
will definately start a new thread once I get my car. the delivery has been postponed to 16th.
All the Best :)

Thread Starter #97
Very hard to quantify technology and engineering between Suzuki and Honda, especially when comparing Swift and Amaze. You would have to list at least one thing that Swift can do that Amaze cannot, and vice versa – assuming both cars have identical features. Yes, we would’ve to give one tiny bonus point to Swift because it’s proven already under hostile Indian road (and weather) conditions. And I would give a full bonus point for Maruti’s service network, parts availability and cost. And I will not give Honda a bonus point for the “H” badge and I’ll not deduct any point from Swift for carrying the Maruti/Suzuki badge.

Now that we’ve Renault, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Hyundai, Ford, etc., all operating in the Indian market, we should get over the badge factor. Simply go with what’s best. If a brand is good, it is good. We’ve to accept it. The point, in this case, if one finds Amaze good, it is indeed good. Let’s not say it’s a Honda so it’s good. If we go by that yardstick we wouldn’t be buying Bajaj bikes. Definitely, we will have cases where we would feel that one car is better than the other – in such cases we should be able to precisely articulate the pros and cons. If it’s just a feeling, it better be for the color, looks, etc.,

my 2c.
Perfect [clap]

Thread Starter #98
Vishnu

Quick question on the ICE setup of Honda amaze. I am planning to buy the Amaze base version (E).

Just want to check if the below pioneer models suits amaze. I am currently in US. I am planning to buy this on my way back to India. Can you provide your suggestion? Appreciate inputs from others as well.

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-X2500BT 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen Display: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: Pioneer FH-X700BT In-Dash Double DIN CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo Receiver w/ Bluetooth, Pandora Link, MIXTRAX & iPod Support: Electronics
You Better Go with a Full TouchSreen HU , as it will be looking more cool[clap] and do checkout what Deville_56 said :D, That HU is Bloody Awesome [clap]

I'm facing some problem with my handbrake,it feels very weak and even for a small slope it does not stop unless i pull it all the way up with all my force to the highest,what i also noticed recently is when i pull up the h.b(need not fully)and when the car is shook a bit near the rear wheel some weird noise is heard

Thread Starter #101
I'm facing some problem with my handbrake,it feels very weak and even for a small slope it does not stop unless i pull it all the way up with all my force to the highest,what i also noticed recently is when i pull up the h.b(need not fully)and when the car is shook a bit near the rear wheel some weird noise is heard
Well i too had the same problem at the beginning and then i started getting used to it , but i don't find any wierd noises and all[surprise],

If it starts to disturb you , better take it to the SVC guys [:)]

Thanks Deville.

I need to check on these overviews and features. These are the only features I need.

1) Good looking
2) Double DIN
3) USB/Aux/Bluetooth.
4) Should read the Phonebook

Also can someone suggest me if the two HU's I have mentioned fit properly in Honda Amaze.
Better Go for the Pioneer App Radio3 [clap]

Got all what you need !

You Better Go with a Full TouchSreen HU , as it will be looking more cool[clap] and do checkout what Deville_56 said :D, That HU is Bloody Awesome [clap]
Thanks Vishnu.

Can you comment on whether it would suit amaze in terms of the dimensions?
I do not want to buy a HU which will not fit in the car.

Thread Starter #104
Ponmudi Run

Did a Quick Dash to Ponmudi Hills Recently :) It's almost 60 km's from Trivandrum and Ponmudi was always been one of my crush and on the most visited places List :P, I have been to their like almost 50 times or so [evil]

I was always worried with the stock tyre's Grip when it come's to hill-station and curves. So was thinking not to go Hard on Curves , since it was raining and was not liking the stock MRF ZVTV tyres.

Started off slowly enjoying the heavy rains and art of roads in Kerala :P, took me almost 45 minutes to reach the base of Ponmudi Hills. Weather was perfect and the fog started to appear even on the base of the hill-station. And their comes the first curve, took it bit enthusiastically , dunno why and i was like " Bloody Awesome" on the first curve itself :) It gave me enough confidence to flow into the next curve and I was totally amazed by the way the car handled.

Front end of the car was pointing like a needle on each corner so precisely and the rear end just flowed in. The Steering feel was positive and brilliant and even the stock tyres amazed me. Stock 175/65 R14 tyres showed me that not all OEM tyres are crap. The car was handling like anything. Let me make this clear, am not saying that it handles better than a Fiat Punto or VW Polo, but it just handles the way an Honda should be :) Totally Impressed by the Stock tyres and now Let the pictures do the rest job

DSC_0149.jpg

You Can see the Roads Down their[clap]

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0184.jpg

Yeaahhhh !! I Finally Got a Beautiful Desktop Background[clap]

DSC_0197.jpg

Re: Ponmudi Run

Did a Quick Dash to Ponmudi Hills Recently :) It's almost 60 km's from Trivandrum and Ponmudi was always been one of my crush and on the most visited places List :P, I have been to their like almost 50 times or so [evil]
Great snaps Vishnu..What was the mileage for this trip and how was the pick up in the slopes?

Good going and thanks for keeping this thread updated...The car looks amazing and I am waiting for my day to own this car...

Top Bottom