Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Sell Car

Just found this thread. Some great mods done here, exactly what I was looking for.[clap]

Vishnu, after the door/bonnet dampings, is there a really god difference in noise level inside cabin? Is the upgrade really worth it?

And have you installed any tyre claddings to reduce the road noise? It gets unbearably high on some roads :\

Thread Starter #467
Just found this thread. Some great mods done here, exactly what I was looking for.[clap]

Vishnu, after the door/bonnet dampings, is there a really god difference in noise level inside cabin? Is the upgrade really worth it?

And have you installed any tyre claddings to reduce the road noise? It gets unbearably high on some roads :\
Yes, of course after getting all the doors and hood damped there is a considerable loss of cabin noise and the NVH is now much more like any other car[clap]

No, no tyre cladding yet. The road noise some times disturbs me too, but the ICE setup really helps me there [evil]

Thread Starter #469
Oh nice thanks!
Can you post a link to get the Dampening material?? I couldn't find it.[confused]
Unfortunately , The damp mat I used is currently out of stock as per the dealer. He promised to inform me asap when the Mat is back on stocks. In the mean time you could check these two links :

DAMPMAT DAMPING SHEETS 4 SQFT (1 sheet of 16" x 36") | eBay

DAMPMAT DAMPING SHEETS 36 SQFT (9 sheets of 4 sq feet each) | eBay

I had also bought this Damp mat for damping the door panels and are of a better quality than the currently unavailable one [clap]

Mine Was showing 145 kmph and i lost the feel of punch from the throttle and hence realized so :(
For me somewhere 150-ish
IMG-20131208-WA0000.jpg

It's been 5 months with my Amaze and i'm loving it.
front.jpg
I have only bought reversing sensors but now looking for ICE and speaker upgrade.
Anyone got CASKA HU from Honda. Cost is 41k and it comes with navigation, bluetooth and reversing camera.

Thread Starter #471
For me somewhere 150-ish
View attachment 120639

View attachment 120640
I have only bought reversing sensors but now looking for ICE and speaker upgrade.
Anyone got CASKA HU from Honda. Cost is 41k and it comes with navigation, bluetooth and reversing camera.
Kinda 150-ish to me also..Btw you also have changed to wooden panels ? Costed the same 8.5 k as mentioned earlier in this thread ?

Kinda 150-ish to me also..Btw you also have changed to wooden panels ? Costed the same 8.5 k as mentioned earlier in this thread ?
That's my Friend's car. Yeah the cost is 8.5k and I'm inclined to get the same. The finish gives upmarket look.
I'm on lookout for other designs but haven't found anything yet.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #476
DIY Led Dome Light Change

Custom made Led light using six 1 watt Led's

DSC06356.JPG

DSC06357.JPG

Close up view

DSC06358.JPG

Demo on how bright the led's are:tongue:

DSC06361.JPG

Remove the Dome light cover

DSC06364.JPG

Remove the stock Bulb

DSC06366.JPG

DSC06367.JPG

Connect the Led light

DSC06369.JPG

Switch on the Dome light

DSC06371.JPG

DSC06374.JPG

Before

DSC06365.JPG

After

DSC06375.JPG

DSC06376.JPG

Bright enough[evil]

DSC06377.JPG

Last edited:
@Vishnu
Cool custom lights man! But imo, the yellow lights look more classy and suits your Maroon/beige interiors better.

For me somewhere 150-ish
5months! [clap]

Could you post some better pics of the dash?? Want to check out the wooden finish.

And there is aluminum finish autographics sticker available on eBay, has anyone tried that?
Will that change the dash's look for the good?

hey guys recently i got some problem with my car , there is rattle sound near left side of dash board i can hear it clearly , what could be wrong? ,
Must be the inside of the LHS A-Pillar. Try tapping on it, you will be able to identify.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

i have been following this thread from lately but found very helpful, and helped me change my mind from purchase off from Swift to Amaze
after reading lots of reviews and user experiences i reach to this helpful thread, i went through every page, every post and i decided to buy a Honda Amaze

i booked on 20th DEC and got delivery on 26th Dec with registered number, sales team was gr8 at Crystal honda, Viman nagar, Pune; after i drove out my Dream machine i went straight to my hometown Gujrat and back home pune on 31st Dec it was awesome experience driving Honda machine i drove around 1700+ km during this time and got 19+ mileage;

Thanks to you all for helping me to become proud owner of Amaze and for gr8 comments and replies a very special thanks to Vishnu for keeping live this thread and keeping gr8 customizations.

@Vishnu : hey what's your current count on odometer, you haven't posted since long [;)]

Here's one snap ... to whom i gotta married 2nd time; why having said that? - my wife feels so... "you got another wife as Honda Amaze (s) I-Dtec [anger]"

mine2.jpg

Thanking all a ton

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys recently i got some problem with my car , there is rattle sound near left side of dash board i can hear it clearly , what could be wrong?
after days 2 or 3 i got same problem, tried tapping everywhere on left side, on AC vent, box, over dashboard - couldn't stop that annoying noise [surprise]

Top Bottom