Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Sell Car

Thread Starter #406
Hey Vishnu

Where did you buy those pedal clip-ons from? And how much did it cost? I want metal pedals for my Vento (the A.S.S here doesn't have one for the Vento and the Polo GT TDI one costs Rs. 16000+ it seems!!!!!!!) but I don't want the Sparco ones. I want something plain and simple that would look stock. Any idea where I can get it from?

Regards,
Vipin
I bought it from Jerry's performance , Trivandrum. It costed me around 800 bucks [:D] Pretty nice one's [clap]. Do check there.

Thread Starter #413
CF Wrapped Dash

When it came to the Interior of Amaze, Black , Beige and Brown interior's were actually not of my Taste.

and i started working on how to twist it around. Then came the idea about Wraps[evil], 3M Wraps.

They tried their very best to make it look good, though am not actually satisfied on their work. Any way now the Interior looks much more Sporty:tongue:

and that's the reason why the last ODO pic looks naked:biggrin:

DSC06220.JPG

DSC06222.JPG

DSC06225.JPG

DSC06227.JPG

DSC06236.JPG

DSC06229.JPG

DSC06230.JPG

DSC06233.JPG

DSC06237.JPG

Last edited:
Vishnu

Was not able to login to TAI and lost track of your thread. Catching up with all the excitements in TAI.

Looks like the new wiper blades are doing a great job. Also the extra fittings for the driving pedals look cool..Excellent DIY on the ICE..Good job buddy.

I guess you enjoy doing all possible customisation to make yours better.
@All: Is there any way to remove the speed limit without voiding warranty, eventhough we dont need that much but it acts as a mental barrier for certain high speed overtaking even for overtaking 90, I have to glance speedo and rethink for go ahead. Since , it can attain speeds easily , is it necessary to have speed limit which is uncommon even for FE, its upto driver who decides to limit.

Last edited:
Re: CF Wrapped Dash

When it came to the Interior of Amaze, Black , Beige and Brown interior's were actually not of my Taste.

and i started working on how to twist it around. Then came the idea about Wraps, 3M Wraps.

They tried their very best to make it look good, though am not actually satisfied on their work. Any way now the Interior looks much more Sporty

and that's the reason why the last ODO pic looks naked
Hi Vishnu,

Congrats for your Amaze and endless modifications. [clap]

I am a newbie here. but used to follow your thread for long. I am also an Amaze (S, Blue, Diesel) owner from Trivandrum. I too didn't like the color combination in Dash - especially the brown color. 3M wrap seems a nice option.

Wonder why you didn't try DIY this time? [roll]. Also I feel it would have been better if you completely covered the brown area with CF sheet

It is unbelievable that you covered 13K kms in just 5 months[surprise].

Regarding the mileage, I am getting only around 17 in my short distance city usage. But used to get 18+ before the second service. However, I got average 24 in a Madurai trip. May need to check with the service person.

Thread Starter #418
Vishnu

Was not able to login to TAI and lost track of your thread. Catching up with all the excitements in TAI.

Looks like the new wiper blades are doing a great job. Also the extra fittings for the driving pedals look cool..Excellent DIY on the ICE..Good job buddy.
Thanks a ton dude !!

I guess you enjoy doing all possible customisation to make yours better.
@All: Is there any way to remove the speed limit without voiding warranty, eventhough we dont need that much but it acts as a mental barrier for certain high speed overtaking even for overtaking 90, I have to glance speedo and rethink for go ahead. Since , it can attain speeds easily , is it necessary to have speed limit which is uncommon even for FE, its upto driver who decides to limit.
Even am thinking of removing it, but it surely voids the warranty. Any aftermarket ECU can solve the problem , i Guess

Hi Vishnu,

Congrats for your Amaze and endless modifications.

I am a newbie here. but used to follow your thread for long. I am also an Amaze (S, Blue, Diesel) owner from Trivandrum. I too didn't like the color combination in Dash - especially the brown color. 3M wrap seems a nice option.

Wonder why you didn't try DIY this time? . Also I feel it would have been better if you completely covered the brown area with CF sheet

It is unbelievable that you covered 13K kms in just 5 months.

Regarding the mileage, I am getting only around 17 in my short distance city usage. But used to get 18+ before the second service. However, I got average 24 in a Madurai trip. May need to check with the service person.
Happy to See another TAI member from TVM that too owning an amaze[cheers]

Yes, Indeed I've tried doing it as a DIY and it failed. The curvy dash wasn't able to be wrapped by me and hence gave to 3M. Even those guys wasn't able to do it perfectly.

Covering the whole brown won't get a contrast on the whole interior and hence done so. I'll swapping it to any other much better wrap soon [evil]

Yes, i used to drive a lot, really a lot[lol]

On this 13k km's done my average Fuel Efficiency is 18.95 kmpl

Dude. I have been a silent follower of your thread all these days. I would like to say one thing. You are the guru of all DIYs. You rock.
Thanks a lot !! That really means a lot !!

Hi vishnu, I'm new to this forum and have been following your thread and it's simply awesome.

I am also getting carbon fibre for DIY, but looks like it is quite difficult to get on dash. Meanwhile if you are getting rid of the brown color don't forget to do the same on door pads.
I've seen autographix's dash finish which has silver color but it looks dull.
Have you seen the wooden finish which honda is offering?

Thread Starter #420
Hi vishnu, I'm new to this forum and have been following your thread and it's simply awesome.

I am also getting carbon fibre for DIY, but looks like it is quite difficult to get on dash. Meanwhile if you are getting rid of the brown color don't forget to do the same on door pads.
I've seen autographix's dash finish which has silver color but it looks dull.
Have you seen the wooden finish which Honda is offering?
Yes!! it's pretty much tiresome since the dash if full of curves and my 3M wraps are getting to peel off at some places. Will surely make them Re-Do[evil].

I have some kinda stuff with the door panels[;)]

No, i haven't seen the wooden finish from Honda, but I've some other alternatives which were looking good. Will be soon doing something on it !!

Top Bottom