Honda Amaze VX i-DTEC Ownership Review

Sell Car

deville_56

Honoured Member
Great buddy but selecting HU do give some head room keeping in mind future upgrades as well. These things doesn't sell well in second hand market.

Regards,
Sankar
Not all keep changing HUs. I am still using the Kenwood bought 7 years ago. Decent SQ by audiophile scale. I wont sell it, keep it till it go. In such cases, it's not bad to get the most decent thing in market. It's a long-term investment. Not all are diehard audiophiles.

You saying Pioneer Appradio is of no good ?
Did i say Pioneer Appradio is of no good? I don't remember saying that[evil]. I have just suggested to buy a HU which gives you a bit of head room for upgrades in future also. You will never know when ICE bug hits. So be very careful and don't buy a HU which will just about satisfy your current setup. My advise would be to spend a couple of thousands more to get a good SQ HU so that you won't lose money with those costly HU upgrades in future.

Not all keep changing HUs. I am still using the Kenwood bought 7 years ago. Decent SQ by audiophile scale. I wont sell it, keep it till it go. In such cases, it's not bad to get the most decent thing in market. It's a long-term investment. Not all are diehard audiophiles.
Your didn't understand my point!!! I have in simple words said that when you buy a HU do look in the long term as well and see if they will go along well with future upgrades as well. Changing HU in every ICE upgrade is a costly affair (Some of my rich friends up north have done this though [;)] )

Couple of thousands more won't do such any harm if the HU is worth it.
If we read our recent posts we can conclude both of us are saying the same thing.[:D]

Regards,
Sankar

deville_56

Honoured Member
Your didn't understand my point!!! I have in simple words said that when you buy a HU do look in the long term as well and see if they will go along well with future upgrades as well. Changing HU in every ICE upgrade is a costly affair (Some of my rich friends up north have done this though [;)] )

Couple of thousands more won't do such any harm if the HU is worth it.
If we read our recent posts we can conclude both of us are saying the same thing.

Regards,
Sankar
Even if i spend 10k more, I won't get tech of future today [evil]. So max feature for price plus decent SQ is what we are looking at. As long as there is USB and FM, nothing much to concern about [;)]

Even if i spend 10k more, I won't get tech of future today [evil]. So max feature for price plus decent SQ is what we are looking at. As long as there is USB and FM, nothing much to concern about [;)]
Also look out for pre-out voltage and eq setting options. But features like TA and all won't be needed i guess right?

Regards,
Sankar

It's available in Thakaraparambu, a place in Trivy [clap] it cost around 55/sq.m.

Yes that was also a DIY and no Heat gun was being used [evil]
He he. I'm from Trivy too [:D] So you get this carbon fibre vinyl thing there too eh? I didn't know that. I asked one place in Kollam and they said Rs. 110/sq. m!!!! Daylight robbery eh?

Lovely work on your Amaze. Love the DIY.

Regards,
Vipin

Thread Starter #382
He he. I'm from Trivy too [:D] So you get this carbon fibre vinyl thing there too eh? I didn't know that. I asked one place in Kollam and they said Rs. 110/sq. m!!!! Daylight robbery eh?

Lovely work on your Amaze. Love the DIY.

Regards,
Vipin
that's too costly:eek:

thankyou pal[:)]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Also look out for pre-out voltage and eq setting options. But features like TA and all won't be needed i guess right?

Regards,
Sankar
Who cares?? Different people got different taste. We are getting what we need even from the stock HU. An aftermarket HU is a boon. If everyone looks for all these, then there wont be any HU selling the budget market [lol]

by the way, does anyone know if one needs to fit rear parking camera in amaze, any holes need to be drilled in the bumper? also can the connection be taken from tail light wire? If not any other way?

hi vishnu, i am a newly joined member of the forum and have been following your posts and must say the amount of detailing and care for your car is too good. i own an Amaze i-vtec VX MT.Regarding all these modifications would like to know how does the warranty thing works out?as i see u had been installing new speakers and tweeters and maybe a new HU,so will this upgrade void the warranty?as i do like to upgrade the HU but am worried to do so coz of warranty reasons.please advise.Please keep posting the lovely pics of your DIY's and keep inspiring us!!!Cheers!!![clap][clap][clap]

deville_56

Honoured Member
Regarding all these modifications would like to know how does the warranty thing works out?as i see u had been installing new speakers and tweeters and maybe a new HU,so will this upgrade void the warranty?as i do like to upgrade the HU but am worried to do so coz of warranty reasons.please advise.
No warranty issue as long as you are not cutting any wires [:)]

Top Bottom